It's going to be getting REAL COLD everywhere!

Well this is going to suck......

Weather warning: Earth could be hit by MINI ICE-AGE as Sun ā€˜hibernatesā€™

So much for any idea's like the Green New Deal. Would anything be more st00pid than that? Imagine that campaign slogan, "We seek to make the planet as cold as the dark side of the moon!"
Sanders can go around wearing Pink Floyd t-shirts.:113:
And yet the temperature keeps going up.

Imagine when the solar minimum is over.......
For better or worse, nature will take its course.
It's not nature causing this.

I really hope these experts are wrong!
It would be a problem for many people (and for the whole nature I suppose)
And also I can't stand cold :(
They aren't experts.

So much for any idea's like the Green New Deal. Would anything be more st00pid than that? Imagine that campaign slogan, "We seek to make the planet as cold as the dark side of the moon!"
This month thereā€™s been a hoopla about a mini ice age, and unfortunately it tells us more about failures of science communication than the climate. Such failures can maintain the illusion of doubt and uncertainty, even when thereā€™s a scientific consensus that the world is warming.

The story starts benignly with a peer-reviewed paper and a presentation in early July by Professor Valentina Zharkova, from Northumbria University, at Britainā€™s National Astronomy Meeting.

The paper presents a model for the sunā€™s magnetic field and sunspots, which predicts a 60% fall in sunspot numbers when extrapolated to the 2030s. Crucially, the paper makes no mention of climate.

The first failure of science communication is present in the Royal Astronomical Society press release from July 9. It says that ā€œsolar activity will fall by 60 per cent during the 2030sā€ without clarifying that this ā€œsolar activityā€ refers to a fall in the number of sunspots, not a dramatic fall in the life-sustaining light emitted by the sun.

The press release also omits crucial details. It does say that the drop in sunspots may resemble the Maunder minimum, a 17th century lull in solar activity, and includes a link to the Wikipedia article on the subject. The press release also notes that the Maunder minimum coincided with a mini ice age.

But that mini ice age began before the Maunder minimum and may have had multiple causes, including volcanism.

Read the rest at the link.

The ā€˜Mini Ice Ageā€™ Hoopla Is A Giant Failure Of Science Communication

Nah....every voter is well aware of the "science".....for 20 years now! They just dont care....we know that with 100% certainty! Lol....the solar minimum ensures that certainty will continue well into this century!

How many people will read the article in your link? About 173.....nobody cares!:flirtysmile4:

The climate crusaders dont get that, experts or not, the voters have shown they could not possibly be any more disinterested in climate change action.

So 20 years of the whole, "they arent real scientists" has not changed the landscape one iota. IDK....spiking the football on symbolic stuff is ghey.:2up::eusa_dance:

Another super stupid thread by a super stupid poster.

gfs_nh-sat1_t2anom_1-day.png

Where are we on the AOC countdown clock?
713 years, 2 months,3 daze and 45 seconds.....mas o menos

I have lettuce and sweet peas in the ground already ... if all danger of frost isn't over by Feb 1st, you've made a terrible life choice living where you do ... [giggle] ... (I love saying that this time of year) ...
I agree, although where I live peas and lettuce get planted in May. If you're lucky.

I have lettuce and sweet peas in the ground already ... if all danger of frost isn't over by Feb 1st, you've made a terrible life choice living where you do ... [giggle] ... (I love saying that this time of year) ...
I agree, although where I live peas and lettuce get planted in May. If you're lucky.

It's always worth sewing some beets and cabbage in November here ... they won't make it every year, but some years ... on the other side though, tales persist of tomatoes not ripening, I've gotten my first vine ripened tomato in the middle of November one year ...

Lol, it's not the science that's about the consensus, it's the fact that so many scientists have looked at the data and drawn the same conclusion. That's the consensus.

As stated, this comes very close to "appealing to authority" ... of course these scientists are wonderfully smart, and experts in their field ... but hand a chemist a pile of meteorological data and he's not going to draw any conclusions ... "look's complicated, must be NS" ... we can certainly lead this chemist to our own conclusion; but that's our conclusion, not the chemist's ...

I think you'll find opinions among actual climatologists to be more conservative, waiting for more data, there's too much we don't know about the climate system ...

Another super stupid thread by a super stupid poster.

gfs_nh-sat1_t2anom_1-day.png

Naked lady lying on her back with her feet propped up ... maybe could lose a little weight on her backside ...

Sure looks like it is getting colder. LOL Any more idiocies to share?

UAH_LT_1979_thru_January_2020_v6.jpg

It is COOLER now than in 2016, only about .33C lower.

You are as usual not thinking clearly......
Dumb de dumb dumb. OK, genius, count the number of months that above last months temperature, then count the number below. And we are in a neutral ENSO. Of course, that concept is beyond the ken of anyone that cannot read as simple a graph as that it. LOL

Dumb de dumb dumb. OK, genius, count the number of months that above last months temperature, then count the number below. And we are in a neutral ENSO. Of course, that concept is beyond the ken of anyone that cannot read as simple a graph as that it. LOL

I'm curious what the margin of error is for these temperature readings? ... and what is the standard deviation of the '81-'10 temperature average? ... I checked Dr Spencer's web site where this graph is posted and he ignores theses matter there ... smart guy like you has fact-checked this against the published literature so I'm sure you have this information at your finger tips ...

I'm also curious as to the climatological relevance of this "running, centered 13-month average" ... that's strictly atmospheric dynamics and statistically insignificant ... and please explain how this data correlates to man-made CO2 output, which over the same 40 year period was very stable and slightly increasing ...

Which number is higher .88C in 2016 or .56C in January 2020?

Take your time.........

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scie...-hibernates-solar-minimum-long-range-forecast

Again?

Skook, you've predicted "Ice age real soon now!" every couple months for at least the past 5 years. Your cult has been predicting it non-stop for over 40 years running now.

You're a devoted acolyte of an ice age doomsday cult. Your Holy Ice Age never arrives, but does that dampen your religious zeal at all? Not a bit. You just do what every doomsday cultist does. Each time icy armageddon fails to arrive, you just push back the date of doomsday a little more.

At this stage, deniers are only interesting as examples of deviant cult psychology. It's known that doomsday cultists tend to get even more devout each time that doomsday fails to arrive.

I'm curious what the margin of error is for these temperature readings? ... and what is the standard deviation of the '81-'10 temperature average? ... I checked Dr Spencer's web site where this graph is posted and he ignores theses matter there ... smart guy like you has fact-checked this against the published literature so I'm sure you have this information at your finger tips ...

I'm also curious as to the climatological relevance of this "running, centered 13-month average" ... that's strictly atmospheric dynamics and statistically insignificant ... and please explain how this data correlates to man-made CO2 output, which over the same 40 year period was very stable and slightly increasing ...
Dr Spencer lists his MOE as +/-0.2deg C, which is in line with the Sonders balloon equipment used to verify the satellite measurements. I had to go to the university web site to find it.

Forum List

Back