It's Finally Here: "Now And Then” - The Beatles final song (John Lennon's 1977 Demo)

MAGA Macho Man

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2022
Linear Time
What a haunting song and music video. Hard to not get emotional watching this.

Here's a short mini documentary how they pulled it off by separating John's voice from the piano on his demo and turned it into a Beatles song, the very last Beatles song to be precise.

I'm a big Beatles fan from way back but I dunno.
Yeah; it's a decent Lennon/Ono song w/some rando add on stuff that kinda drowns it.

Worse yet, the morose/dragging demo that functions as the base is undanceable. :(

The song would be a forgotten track on a Beatles or Lennon album had it been released back in the 70/80’s. The technology used is far more impressive than the song itself. I can see groups like Nirvana releasing a “new” song using similar techniques in the coming years. Maybe get a new Metallica song with Cliff on bass

• Banned
The song would be a forgotten track on a Beatles or Lennon album had it been released back in the 70/80’s. The technology used is far more impressive than the song itself. I can see groups like Nirvana releasing a “new” song using similar techniques in the coming years. Maybe get a new Metallica song with Cliff on bass
It was for a Lennon album he was contemplating two years into his 5 year hiatus after Sean was born in 1975. You're right about the rest about technology.

I prefer the song they wrote when they were tripping and had precognition about America needing Trump back in office -

It was for a Lennon album he was contemplating two years into his 5 year hiatus after Sean was born in 1975. You're right about the rest about technology.
And had he released the song it would have been a filler track. It’s a good song from a nostalgia perspective but it’s not really a good song musically. The technology aspect of it is cool, but this time next year no one except for die hard fans will even remember it.

It is good first time but is something that will grow on people .imho
Remember Hey Jude first time ?
Not immediately a forever anthem .
But this one has a touch of sadness and regret that is near universal .

It is good first time but is something that will grow on people .imho
Remember Hey Jude first time ?
Not immediately a forever anthem .
But this one has a touch of sadness and regret that is near universal .
I don't think it is a very good recording.

I don't think it is a very good recording.
Perhaps you could team up with Morticia and together you will surely show us all how to beat the top professionals in the recording business .
And I will remember you when I am due to record my next planned release .
You know me as Sophie Ellis Bextor which is why Morticia is so deeply in love .

Perhaps you could team up with Morticia and together you will surely show us all how to beat the top professionals in the recording business .
And I will remember you when I am due to record my next planned release .
You know me as Sophie Ellis Bextor which is why Morticia is so deeply in love .
Don't be sarcastic. This is not a very good recording but Beatles enthusiasts think it is something special.

Don't be sarcastic. This is not a very good recording but Beatles enthusiasts think it is something special.
Yeah.

Possibly the worst "Beatles" song ever?

Not counting Name/Number & Rev9.

Forum List

Back