Zone1 It's almost comical when liberals criticize "the God of the Bible"

I say "almost" because there isn't too much that is comical vis a vis liberals...

But yeh, they criticize the God Christians believe in because of such things as this:

In the Old Testament, God told the Israelites to kill all those they were at war with. I don't think this pertains to ALL wars? But in some cases, yeh, they were told by God to even kill the children!

That is horrifying to us pro-life people of modern times.

But get this... It is also "horrifying" or at least unacceptable to liberals! They claim that no "God of love" would command such a hideous thing.

Then they go to the election polls to vote for PRO MUDER (of the unborn) political candidates...!

:uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3:
Why should the God of the Bible be exempt from criticism? Where did you get that idea?

Always amazed me that early religions expected you to worship a God who was so scary
Again. What are you going to do? You are convinced something horrible is going on. What are you going to do to fix it? Or, are you going to sit back and wring your hands, and do nothing? If something horrible is happening, something needs to be done. So, what are you going to do?

Again. What are you going to do? You are convinced something horrible is going on. What are you going to do to fix it? Or, are you going to sit back and wring your hands, and do nothing? If something horrible is happening, something needs to be done. So, what are you going to do?
Deicide is the only answer.

Fix what?

That some people worship scary Gods?

What are you going to do to fix it?

by rewriting what is written by the crucifiers, the 4th century christian bible ...

- and finish what began in the 1st century, the repudiation of judaism - the religion of persecution and victimization of the innocent their false personifications of the heavens ... 10 commandments they falsely claim were etched in the heavens.

Here's something for you to fix Meriweather:

First, there is no inherent opposition between faith and the scientific evidence that life evolved from lower forms to higher forms over many millions of years.

It leaves little room for any other interpretation than what is stated. The only thing to do is to withdraw it as a mistake.

Here's something for you to fix Meriweather:

First, there is no inherent opposition between faith and the scientific evidence that life evolved from lower forms to higher forms over many millions of years.

It leaves little room for any other interpretation than what is stated. The only thing to do is to withdraw it as a mistake.
What is the mistake?

What is the mistake?
The church's acceptance of Darwinian evolution. I think they know that themselves.

The best choice was to avoid the question.

It's caused a lot of trouble for the CC in America, as we need to acknowledge from the comments on this board.

Loosely worded inferences sufficed for years. The CC opened the can of worms.

What else can account for the threatening split?

The church's acceptance of Darwinian evolution. I think they know that themselves.

The best choice was to avoid the question.

It's caused a lot of trouble for the CC in America, as we need to acknowledge from the comments on this board.

Loosely worded inferences sufficed for years. The CC opened the can of worms.

What else can account for the threatening split?
This is a shock to you? My grandmother was a nurse in a Catholic nurses training university back in the 1930s. No shock then. Wasn't a shock to me generations later when it was taught in science in a Catholic parochial school. So, when did you finally get the heads up on this?

Catholic teaching for nearly a hundred years now is that people could arrive at their own conclusions over evolution or a young earth--it didn't matter because it has nothing to do with living one's life in the ways of God.

First, how and when did you first learn about evolution and second, why do you consider it a can of worms?

That's the topic of this thread, ain't it?
I never said God should never be criticized (although it doesn't always seem like the best idea--------)

so I'd appreciate people not putting dumbass words in my mouth

The topic is actually about how dims have the audacity to criticize God when they do FAR worse things than He allegedly (or actually) has done

This is a shock to you? My grandmother was a nurse in a Catholic nurses training university back in the 1930s. No shock then. Wasn't a shock to me generations later when it was taught in science in a Catholic parochial school. So, when did you finally get the heads up on this?

Catholic teaching for nearly a hundred years now is that people could arrive at their own conclusions over evolution or a young earth--it didn't matter because it has nothing to do with living one's life in the ways of God.

First, how and when did you first learn about evolution and second, why do you consider it a can of worms?
you were doing well until you opened your own can of worms by asking him that

LOL

oh well..................

I never said God should never be criticized (although it doesn't always seem like the best idea--------)

so I'd appreciate people not putting dumbass words in my mouth

The topic is actually about how dims have the audacity to criticize God when they do FAR worse things than He allegedly (or actually) has done
lol
You want critics of your God to shut up. End of story.

rightly or wrongly, I made the connection between the dissent within the CC over differences between literal believers and the acceptance of evolution. What caused it? I only know that the problem is seriously causing threats of a split.
Not in the light of day. And certainly not in the heads of the flock, as it pertains to believing Darwin's evolution. And you aren't including evidence from those representing the CC that relates to a hundred years. ( a change in less than the last hundred years?)
Don't try getting tricky with me, we're both better than that.

I probably first learned of evolution before my teens. Up until the last few years I didn't consider even raising the contradiction, re. evolution/creation.

Now I do, for my own personal reason of needing a conclusion to the question.

If you want to try to save me, reconcile the contradiction.

you were doing well until you opened your own can of worms by asking him that

LOL

oh well..................
Well there it is and sooner than would be expected. The split between you, the literal believer in the bible, against Meriweather the enlightened.

'Enlightened' because he/she can't avoid addressing the questions on the direct contradictions.

You can have the free pass on believing whatever you like, while Meriweather shuns the idea of getting off easy.

You just don't get it!

The Church has not taken a stand on evolution. Basically, the Church said the topic has little to do with practicing the Christian faith and people can believe what they choose on that

Forum List

Back