It's A Man's World: Only Female Enrolled In Marine Corps Infantry Officers Course Drops Out

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
I sincerely hope the Corps does not cave to the inevitable pressure that will come from the "feminists" to lower the requirements.

Female Marine drops out of infantry course - CNNPolitics.com

The only female officer enrolled in the Marine Corps' Infantry Officer's Course has dropped out after failing to complete two conditioning hikes last month, according to the Marine Corps' Training and Education Command.

This was the female officer's second attempt at passing the course. She will now be given another specialization for her career as an officer in the Marines.

I was all for this at first. Women have places in our military..
Sadly, nothing but bad news..
Time to move on.

I sincerely hope the Corps does not cave to the inevitable pressure that will come from the "feminists" to lower the requirements.

The only female officer enrolled in the Marine Corps' Infantry Officer's Course has dropped out after failing to complete two conditioning hikes last month, according to the Marine Corps' Training and Education Command.

This was the female officer's second attempt at passing the course. She will now be given another specialization for her career as an officer in the Marines.

They should not lower the requirements and if a woman want to make it in the military she should be require to endure the same physical requirements that a man must endure and if not then find another field to be in...!

Its why we have women's sports teams and men's sports teams.

No matter what the leftards spew, men and women are different physically and psychologically.

And for you moron leftards, neither sex is superior so insert your strawman argument where the sun don't shine.

Eventually it will happen. During my time in the service I met women that were as tough as any man. There are some Combat Arms jobs that women should be able join but I believe its a mistake to have women in the Infantry .

For now...remember the first woman to get into the Citadel dropped out.....

There are a lot of jobs in the military that women can do that don't require extreme physical strength that the men are now doing. The military is fast becoming a cyber warfare institution, and women would fit right in with this. Then, there are other jobs, other than the cyber: mopping floors, peeling potatoes, office clerk, etc.

Eventually it will happen. During my time in the service I met women that were as tough as any man. There are some Combat Arms jobs that women should be able join but I believe its a mistake to have women in the Infantry .

I have never met any woman as tough as Navy SEALS, or say a heavyweight MMA fighter. When you are talking about the elite men, no way there is any woman that is that tough, you are talking out your ass.

Sadly so. Standards will be lowered and weak men will be allowed in, just like women. Then there will be a systematic purge of the Warriors. They are too violent and too big and scary to be in the military.

They should not lower the requirements and if a woman want to make it in the military she should be require to endure the same physical requirements that a man must endure and if not then find another field to be in...!

That applies to other professions as well. Since the infantry is trained to fight, the enemy isn't going to fight back in a weaker manner because the ones they are fighting are female.

Sadly so. Standards will be lowered and weak men will be allowed in, just like women. Then there will be a systematic purge of the Warriors. They are too violent and too big and scary to be in the military.

It is all about trying to make like everyone is equal in all respects.....that is the liberal agenda....bottom line: social experimentation has no place in the military if such experimentation is mandated by the powers that be....it should be somewere besides the military....for the military we need the best, the elites to protect us....how many really want this ridiculous social experimentation in our military? I do not think a majority would want this....but once again....it is not about the people...it is about those in power who want to pursue a fallacious agenda at the expense of the people and the nation.

It is all about trying to make like everyone is equal in all respects.....that is the liberal agenda....bottom line: social experimentation has no place in the military if such experimentation is mandated by the powers that be....it should be somewere besides the military....for the military we need the best, the elites to protect us....how many really want this ridiculous social experimentation in our military? I do not think a majority would want this....but once again....it is not about the people...it is about those in power who want to pursue a fallacious agenda at the expense of the people and the nation.

Liberals don't care whether what someone has to put in is equal as long as everyone gets the same thing. As long as someone WANTS to do something Liberals believe they should be able to do it whether they meet a minimum standard or not. In fact, they don't want standards. Liberals have a tendency to replace what has worked for a long time with what feels good.

I have never met any woman as tough as Navy SEALS, or say a heavyweight MMA fighter. When you are talking about the elite men, no way there is any woman that is that tough, you are talking out your ass.

So how many Navy SEALS have you actually met, and did you know that what Operators do isn't the same as what you see at the movies ? They are not 24/7 Rambo's and there's not a lot of take down arm bars involved. Regardless if I excluded Infantry from the list of combat jobs a women should be able to do in the military that exclusion would definitely include anything to do with the Operators.

So how many Navy SEALS have you actually met, and did you know that what Operators do isn't the same as what you see at the movies ? They are not 24/7 Rambo's and there's not a lot of take down arm bars involved. Regardless if I excluded Infantry from the list of combat jobs a women should be able to do in the military that exclusion would definitely include anything to do with the Operators.

I have met 3 SEALs. Their mental toughness is what separates them, however the physical rigors of hell week is beyond women as it is beyond 99.9% of men.

Take almost any sport, the elite women cannot compete with the elite men.

Male privilege...

jj086p.jpg

I have met 3 SEALs. Their mental toughness is what separates them, however the physical rigors of hell week is beyond women as it is beyond 99.9% of men.

Mental toughghness ? There are companies of kurdish women fighting ISIS right now. One of the greatest snipers in history was Lyudmila Pavlichenko she had 309 confirmed kills during WII being a sniper ain't for no REMF, Women fought during the US Civil War standing face to face blazing away with .50 cal rifles. not many modern soldiers could deal with that kind of combat.

There are women out there that can do the job, but as I said before that doesn't mean we should let them.

Mental toughghness ? There are companies of kurdish women fighting ISIS right now. One of the greatest snipers in history was Lyudmila Pavlichenko she had 309 confirmed kills during WII being a sniper ain't for no REMF, Women fought during the US Civil War standing face to face blazing away with .50 cal rifles. not many modern soldiers could deal with that kind of combat.

There are women out there that can do the job, but as I said before that doesn't mean we should let them.

you are shifting the argument, you originally said there are women as tough as any man. Anybody can be a regular old ground pounder or shoot a gun, but I am not picking them since you said there are women as tough as any man.

I pick Brock Lesnar, show me the woman who can take Brock in MMA. Brock Lesnar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

brock-lesnar-workout-450.jpg

you can't because there are none, the SEALs are also not just any men, they are elite men and there are no women like the elite men physically

Women are needed for more important tasks, like raising children. The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.

you are shifting the argument, you originally said there are women as tough as any man. Anybody can be a regular old ground pounder or shoot a gun, but I am not picking them since you said there are women as tough as any man.

I pick Brock Lesnar, show me the woman who can take Brock in MMA. Brock Lesnar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

brock-lesnar-workout-450.jpg

you can't because there are none, the SEALs are also not just any men, they are elite men and there are no women like the elite men physically
You don't seem to understand how the military works and have some kind of Hollywood notion that the SEALS are a bunch of Rambo's 24/7. Any women in the military can take Brock one round and he's down. Thats how the military works.

Forum List

Back