It would be political suicide for Desantis not to defend Trump against possible indictment

None of the Republican leaders call the investigations of Trump "witch hunts" except Donald Trump. None of them are saying anything about the pending charges. Most of the Republican leadership wants Trump gone too.
Trump has never won an election and Republican leadership is tired of losing.

While he lost the public votes in 2016, he did win the Electoral College Votes and the EC determines whom becomes the President. While I find Rump just below a slug, let's not lie about him. Leave the lying to him and his MAGAts.

If Ron DeSantis doesn't want to end his political career , he has to issue a statement soon saying that an indictment against Trump would be a travesty.

Being disloyal to Trump would cost him the nomination, and then worse, Trump's supporters would try to hang him just like when they were looking for Pence for hanging purposes.

Yes, it would be a cowardly move, but being a coward is the only survival strategy available to Trump's primary opponents if they want to continue to be governor or senator, or anything in the GOP. Resorting to the cowardly strategy would at least help DeSantis win the Florida governorship again and again for the rest of his life.

Remember when Donald Trump called Ted Cruz's wife ugly... and then Ted Cruz kissed Trump's ass anyway and then Ted Cruz won the Texas Senate again?

Yes, Cruz when done in history as the biggest masochist pussy in the history of American politics, but he gets to keep his salary as a Senator.

Implicitly supporting the indictment, on the other hand, would be devastating for Desantis. As they say, 'If you can't beat them, join them.'

But there is a catch. Desantis must hurry and speak up in the next couple of days. Acting slowly on this will generate suspicion among Trump supporters that he's not being genuine.

Give me your opinion below.
My opinon..given that hindsight is always 20/20....is that it's war between the two..it's already ugly..and will get uglier.
Not good for Republicans. The only ray of sunshine for them is Biden running again. DeSantis can beat him--but will he get the chance?
I think not.

Forum List

Back