it seems as if social con bigots were wrong once again

So ends the most powerful and effective military the world has seen since the Legions of Rome. Not merely because gays are open in the military, but the changes in the military they will demand to accommodate them.

It's a shame, really, our military used to be so worthy of respect.

This has been repeated over ad-nauseum yet not one single poster that puts this nonsense up can give a single example or reason to back that statement up. Care to try?

I think whatever makes this country great and different should be representing us on the battlefield.

Otherwise we are just same.

We can start by not being on battlefields where we don't belong.

That point notwithstanding.......

:eusa_think: I'm sure looking forward to the day when America's Military is known as the Worlds Firefighters instead of the Worlds Police Force.

Everyone gets nervous when the cops show up. :eusa_shifty:

If the military wants to recruit more gays, they will have to change and become more attractive to gays. Creating a base bathhouse should be a good start.

The proof that it will work is evidenced in the success of the base swingers club and the adjoining whore-house.

So ends the most powerful and effective military the world has seen since the Legions of Rome. Not merely because gays are open in the military, but the changes in the military they will demand to accommodate them.

This has been repeated over ad-nauseum yet not one single poster that puts this nonsense up can give a single example or reason to back that statement up. Care to try?

As these changes just happened, you might have to wait for the more destructive. It is not unreasonable to suggest that the military will have to undergo the same adjustments police departments had to make to become more gay friendly. Changes that made them pretty much ineffective and useless. I would guess that the military will become as much of a joke as the LAPD or the San Francisco police department. Or, the fun stuff that went on in the San Diego Fire Department.

Is anyone going to be allowed to complain about harassment by gays? Or is that just going to be evidence of homophobia.

As these changes just happened, you might have to wait for the more destructive. It is not unreasonable to suggest that the military will have to undergo the same adjustments police departments had to make to become more gay friendly. Changes that made them pretty much ineffective and useless. I would guess that the military will become as much of a joke as the LAPD or the San Francisco police department. Or, the fun stuff that went on in the San Diego Fire Department.

Is anyone going to be allowed to complain about harassment by gays? Or is that just going to be evidence of homophobia.
You’ve provided no evidence, only bias.

The fact is qualified members of the military were discharged under DADT solely for being gay, to the detriment of the military and the nation as a whole.

The fact is qualified members of the military were discharged under DADT solely for being gay, to the detriment of the military and the nation as a whole.

You could say that about any member of the military who was discharged for violating the rules even if they were otherwise stellar members of the military. How many contributing military men and women will be discharged for not showing proper deference to a gay servicemember?

Active duty gays say coming out has been nonevent - Yahoo! News

social cons are becoming more and more irrelevant and us small government advocates couldn't be happier

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

You really think that this woman made it that far, and everyone didn't already know?

Here's the gag about DADT. The only people actually getting discharged under it were the ones who wanted out and the ones the military really wanted to get rid of because they were otherwise problems.

And that was pretty much the case before DADT, really. You didn't press the issue unless they made a big deal out of it.

You keep saying that, but have no proof to back you up. You've been shown, I believe, quite a few people that didn't want to be discharged, they just wanted to serve openly and honestly.

Oh, and it is quite possible to survive 20 years without anyone knowing. People are amazingly dense when they want to be. We all bearded for each other.

I had one of the women I was dating tell me that another lesbian we were stationed with said that I wasn't gay because I carried a purse. :lol:

It sounds to me like your unit was overrun with gays, which kind of proves my point that the upper brass didn't throw people out unless the wanted to be or unless they were real dirtbags.

Active duty gays say coming out has been nonevent - Yahoo! News

Morgan decided the time was right to come out to her commander. The photograph of her wife and 4-year-old daughter she kept hidden on her desk helped her do it.

"I said, 'Sir, I would like to introduce you to someone. This is my family,'" Morgan recalled of her July conversation with her boss, an Army colonel leading a 2,400-solider brigade. "He said, 'Charlie, you have a beautiful family. You know, "don't ask, don't tell" prevented me from getting to know you.'"

social cons are becoming more and more irrelevant and us small government advocates couldn't be happier

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

You really think that this woman made it that far, and everyone didn't already know?

Here's the gag about DADT. The only people actually getting discharged under it were the ones who wanted out and the ones the military really wanted to get rid of because they were otherwise problems. And that was pretty much the case before DADT, really. You didn't press the issue unless they made a big deal out of it.

BS.

Federal Eye - Who gets discharged under 'don't ask, don't tell'?

Margaret Witt, Air Force Major Discharged Under 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell,' Testifies In Federal Court: 'It Kills Me'

Lt. Dan Choi - Discharged Under Don't Ask Don't Tell - Arabic Linguist. Iraq War Veteran. West Point Graduate. Army Infantry Officer. Gay... Fired... And Re-Enlisting!

“Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” Disproportionately Affecting Black Women - COLORLINES

On this last one, I see nothing has changed since the USS Norton Sound witch hunt targetted black female sailors.

You could say that about any member of the military who was discharged for violating the rules even if they were otherwise stellar members of the military. How many contributing military men and women will be discharged for not showing proper deference to a gay servicemember?

Why don't you keep score and get back to us in 6 months as to how many people are kicked out for that very reason.

Meh...in battle, in the trenches, it will be interesting to see how many of their fellow soldiers want to see pictures of Corporal Queer's wife John.

Of all the gays discharged under DADT, the most evil, the most pernicious has to be Margaret Witt. Her transgression was seducing the wife of another officer into an adulterous relationship An act that would result in discharge if she had been a man instead of a lesbian. Instead of examining her behavior, which was unbecoming to an officer under any circumstances, she demanded and got a pass because she's a lesbian. Which is an IDEAL example of what the military intends to become.

Of all the gays discharged under DADT, the most evil, the most pernicious has to be Margaret Witt. Her transgression was seducing the wife of another officer into an adulterous relationship An act that would result in discharge if she had been a man instead of a lesbian. Instead of examining her behavior, which was unbecoming to an officer under any circumstances, she demanded and got a pass because she's a lesbian. Which is an IDEAL example of what the military intends to become.

I'm guessing you've never been in.

My first command....wife swapping for O-4s and above...no one got discharged.

My overseas command....groupies working their way thru the officers and senior enlisted...no one got discharged...but one jr officer who wrote his wife about what was going on was threatened with bodily harm and career destroying fitreps.

My overseas command....groupies working their way thru the officers and senior enlisted...no one got discharged...but one jr officer who wrote his wife about what was going on was threatened with bodily harm and career destroying fitreps.
At my first duty station, Yokota AB Japan, there were rumours going around that the senior officers had wifeswapping parties. How did they determine who slept with who? Pass the "Hat of Names"!

The thing I'll never forget about officers wives is how a group of them will actually walk in formation, with the highest ranking wife in front! :lol:

This isn't limited to the officers ranks. My wife went to an NCO wives club meeting once when we were stationed at Whiteman AFB Mo. The senior ranking wife got up in front of all the ladies and said "My husband outranks all of your husbands, so you have to listen to me!" :lol:

I just told her to forget about that shit and that she didn't have to go to any of those meetings again.

Well, you have Witt and Choi who were political activists. Guess what, the military really doesn't like political activists of any stripe, especially those who criticize policy. the military isn't a democracy.

Your first article says that 428 people were discharged. Okay that's something. Since estimates that the gay population is 3-10% depending who you are asking, it sounds like actual discharges were a very small fraction of those who were actually gay.

Had a gay soldier in my section when I was in. Could have gotten him discharged if I really wanted to. And he wasn't even a particularly good soldier. (He eventually medicaled out because of HIV). But the paperwork would have been such an enormas hassle, even in the pre-DADT days that mostly, you don't bother.

The example you give of the wife-swapping, everyone involved was a consenting adult. The behavior was STILL in violation of military regulations on adultery.

Obviously, someone had a problem with Witt seducing his wife. Definitely conduct unbecoming. So that was your best example? Really? Sounds to me like she was a bad apple.

The example you give of the wife-swapping, everyone involved was a consenting adult. The behavior was STILL in violation of military regulations on adultery.

Obviously, someone had a problem with Witt seducing his wife. Definitely conduct unbecoming. So that was your best example? Really? Sounds to me like she was a bad apple.

Yes, it was the cuckolded husband who filed the complaint and pursued it. As he had a right to do. Witt got away with it because she's a lesbian. Next time it might be a victim of gay harassment themselves, special dispensation given to the gays.

Yeah...that's why she was decorated. :doubt:

Yes, it was the cuckolded husband who filed the complaint and pursued it. As he had a right to do. Witt got away with it because she's a lesbian. Next time it might be a victim of gay harassment themselves, special dispensation given to the gays.

She did? So she's still in the military?

[

My understanding was that Witt was discharged, so she didn't get away with it.

That said, not a lot of sympathy for the husband. His complaint SHOULD be with his wife. She's a grownup who made her own decisions, and if she was really gay all along and just married him to please her family or something, then he's probably better off that the relationship ended.

Then again, knowing your wife left you for a chick is... well, humiliating.

Forum List

Back