It looks as if the American People will finally get their crumbling infrastructure repaired and renewed!

View attachment 530502
"We have a great plan and we are going to rebuild our infrastructure.
By the way, her [Hillary Clinton] numbers [$275 billion] is a fraction of what we’re talking about,
we need much more money than that to rebuild our infrastructure.
Well I would say at least double her numbers and you’re going to

really need more than that. We have bridges that are falling down!"
Trump, August 2, 2016

Americans finally have a President who can achieve what the former guy only blew gas about:

As Congress debates, most Americans back Biden's trillion-dollar spending bills

The ambitious and expensive Democratic spending bills being debated on Capitol Hill have a big advantage: Most Americans support them.
The $1 trillion infrastructure bill was backed by 63% of Americans in a new USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll. And the $3.5 trillion budget plan, the most significant expansion of the social safety net since LBJ's Great Society, was endorsed by 52%.
The infrastructure bill, which has passed the Senate and is scheduled to be voted on by the House late next month, was forged across partisan lines and is backed by 36% of Republicans as well as nearly all Democrats. The massive budget reconciliation measure, which so far has drawn only Democratic votes, was supported by 9 of 10 Democrats, 1 in 5 Republicans and close to half of independents.
I've never been a huge fan of Biden, but thank you, Mr. President. I'm weary of having to carry water to work like I'm in the frigging wilderness, which in many ways I am.

I've never been a huge fan of Biden, but thank you, Mr. President. I'm weary of having to carry water to work like I'm in the frigging wilderness, which in many ways I am.
It is incumbent upon all Americans to hold whomever they elect President to their campaign promises.

Politics isn't the weird worship of one dude. If Biden claims that he will make Mexico pay for the U.S. infrastructure, don't believe him!

Why do democrats act as if the world began the day they signed a freaking bill into law? Does it make it easier to watch taxpayer money used to pay off political supporters? Will old Joe hire his Chinese friends? Infrastructure repair and maintenance has been ongoing despite the whining.

You said, "And yet he never got that GOP Congress to approve a DIME in four years". I'd like to know what 4 years he had a GOP Congress to work with. I know it would mess with your Orange Man Bad narrative, but try, really try.
I'd like to see where they ever TRIED

You said, "And yet he never got that GOP Congress to approve a DIME in four years". I'd like to know what 4 years he had a GOP Congress to work with. I know it would mess with your Orange Man Bad narrative, but try, really try.
By the way...The GOP held the House and Senate AND WH from 2016 to 2018

and....nuffin

Well President Trump was right.

The problem is this “infrastructure bill” doesn’t do much for infrastructure and is nothing but pork from Democrats. We also don’t have the money and all they will do is print another $3.5 trillion, which will lead to further inflation and destroy the middle class.
How much infrastructure did Trump's infrastructure bill cover?

View attachment 530502
By the way, her [Hillary Clinton] numbers [$275 billion] is a fraction of what we’re talking about,

Trump, August 2, 2016

Americans finally have a President who can achieve what the former guy only blew gas about:

The ambitious and expensive Democratic spending bills being debated on Capitol Hill have a big advantage: Most Americans support them.
The $1 trillion infrastructure bill was backed by 63% of Americans in a new USA TODAY/Suffolk University Poll. And the $3.5 trillion budget plan, the most significant expansion of the social safety net since LBJ's Great Society, was endorsed by 52%.
The infrastructure bill, which has passed the Senate and is scheduled to be voted on by the House late next month, was forged across partisan lines and is backed by 36% of Republicans as well as nearly all Democrats. The massive budget reconciliation measure, which so far has drawn only Democratic votes, was supported by 9 of 10 Democrats, 1 in 5 Republicans and close to half of independents.

It looks like most Americans support it.

We don't have it.

When the bills get passed and signed into law, then you can say we finally get our infrastructure rebuilt and brought into the 21st century.

Way to go Dems!!!

About time we got this done.

Thank you Joe

Thank you Speaker Pelosi

This means jobs and major infrastructure repairs that are sorely needed.

As much as I would like to agree with you, I don't.

Nothing has passed both houses of congress and signed into law.

They are debating.

That isn't getting it done.

As much as I would like to agree with you, I don't.

Nothing has passed both houses of congress and signed into law.

They are debating.

That isn't getting it done.
In a 220-212 party-line vote, the chamber passed a $3.5 trillion budget resolution and advanced a $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill. The vote allows Democrats to write and approve a massive spending package without Republicans and puts the Senate-passed infrastructure plan on a path to final passage in the House.

The smaller package is all but done.

The larger one is pending

View attachment 530502

Trump, August 2, 2016

It’s obvious you don’t know how these “infrastructure” projects work.

We'll see what the conservadems in the Senate do with the larger bill but the one trillion dollar smaller package has passed both Houses

No. Two different bills have passed the congress.

When the bill that the democrats passed went to the Senate, it was changed.

When a bill from the House is changed in the Senate, it goes back to the House for the House to vote on the changes.

The bill the democrats passed was much bigger than the smaller package that came out of the Senate. It was the whole bill without needing reconciliation.

The Senate removed what will be in reconciliation so they could get at least something passed in the Senate.

It's up to the House to vote and approve that changed bipartisan bill the Senate passed.

Right now, the House is refusing to vote on that bipartisan bill before they vote to pass the reconciliation bill.

The House is being smart, they don't want just that reduced Senate bill to be the only infrastructure bill passed so they are making sure that the rest of it gets passed in reconciliation first.

It looks like most Americans support it.

We don't have it.

When the bills get passed and signed into law, then you can say we finally get our infrastructure rebuilt and brought into the 21st century.
I'm cautiously optimistic. I've traveled abroad and hosted foreign visitors here. One from Shainghai was not alone in not being dazzled. Of course, the substantive negative impact of a decrepit infrastructure on American business is undeniable.

Right now, the House is refusing to vote on that bipartisan bill before they vote to pass the reconciliation bill.
I believe that has been settled.

The larger bill is moving forward as well but there are hurdles yet...including McConnell Sinema and Manchin

Dana7360
Only 25 % of that bill is for infrastructure. The rest is green shit and pork up the ass.

I'm sure any American tax payer who actually reads that bill will be disappointed big time. 2022 and 2024 are coming.

Dana7360
Only 25 % of that bill is for infrastructure. The rest is green shit and pork up the ass.

I'm sure any American tax payer who actually reads that bill will be disappointed big time. 2022 and 2024 are coming.
And you know this because WHO told you that?

Don't pretend you ever read a bill in your life

No. Two different bills have passed the congress.

When the bill that the democrats passed went to the Senate, it was changed.

When a bill from the House is changed in the Senate, it goes back to the House for the House to vote on the changes.

The bill the democrats passed was much bigger than the smaller package that came out of the Senate. It was the whole bill without needing reconciliation.

The Senate removed what will be in reconciliation so they could get at least something passed in the Senate.

It's up to the House to vote and approve that changed bipartisan bill the Senate passed.

The House is being smart, they don't want just that reduced Senate bill to be the only infrastructure bill passed so they are making sure that the rest of it gets passed in reconciliation first.
The House is being stupid. Democrat political capital is draining away with every day of Biden's Afghanistan disaster, put a pork filled bill in front of him now and it will only get worse. Senate Democrats understand this, it damage control time.

Forum List

Back