It Has Become A One Question IQ Test

"Not really understanding why it is so difficult to accept the reality that the structure of the EITC provides an incentive to NOT WORK at even minimal income levels."

Another lie.

It is Democrat 'welfare' policy that does that.

You can do as well working one week a month at minimum wage as you can working $60,000-a-year, full-time, high-stress job.

WITH WELFARE IT MAKES SENSE TO WORK LESS,”
The chart is quite revealing. A one-parent family of three making $14,500 a year (minimum wage) has more disposable income than a family making $60,000 a year. If the family provider works only one week a month at minimum wage, he or she makes 92 percent as much as a provider grossing $60,000 a year.

http://granitegrok.com/wp-content/u..._With-welfare-it-makes-sense-to-work-less.pdf

What happened to that "successful welfare reform in the 1990s"?

The Democrat party killed it to prevent their 'slaves' from escaping the plantation.

13. And Obama killed it.

"Obama kills welfare reform
By Dick Morris - 07/17/12 10:07 PM EDT

Determined to destroy Bill Clinton’s signature achievement, President Obama’s administration has opened a loophole in the 1996 welfare reform legislation big enough to make the law ineffective. Its work requirement — the central feature of the legislation — has been diluted beyond recognition by the bureaucrats at the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

On Thursday of last week, HHS issued regulations that modified — gutted — the work requirement.

Section 415(a)(2)(B) of the welfare reform act, now codified at 42 U.S.C. § 615(a)(2)(B), expressly states that ‘a waiver granted under section 1315 of this title [the one that HHS now claims it is acting under] or otherwise which relates to the provision of assistance under a State program funded under this part (as in effect on Sept. 30, 1996) shall not affect the applicability of section 607 of this title [which applies the work requirements] to the State.’ In short, whatever else might be said of the scope of the waiver authority, the Secretary has no lawful authority to waive the work requirements of section 607, which is what HHS is contemplating in its Memorandum.”
Obama kills welfare reform TheHill
Obama kills welfare reform

This is what Obama killed:

"...welfare rolls plunged by over 60 percent, as many as two million mothers entered the labor force, earnings for females heading families increased while their income from welfare payments fell, and child poverty declined every year between 1993 and 2000. By the late 1990s, both black child poverty and poverty among children in female-headed families had reached their lowest levels ever. " Interview: Welfare reform, 10 years later | Brookings Institution

The Democrats/Liberals don't want folks working, self-reliant, independent.

They want slaves who need them, and vote for them.
Thanks for once again proving my point. The numbers in your linked article vividly portrayed the problem I have been discussing, mostly due to the structure of the Republican EITC, but also due to the availability of other assistance programs. But just a side note, why does a person making sixty grand in Mississippi only pay $300 in state income taxes but a person making thirty grand pays five times as much at $1500? Really finding it hard to believe that the state income tax in Mississippi is 5% for thirty grand and .5% for sixty grand. But then again, Mississippi is a hell hole. Regardless, that calls in to question the integrity of the entire spreadsheet.

Why don't you Republicans come up with a solution to the problem? Why don't you provide an incentive for these people to work instead of just mandate it, as if that would accomplish anything. Because I got to tell you, if someone is content living off the government and working some low-wage job one day a week then I am happy to pay them to keep them the hell out of my way.

Classic example. Worked in furniture sales. We used an up system which means you take turns greeting guests that came in the door. We had a girl that couldn't sell shit. She would actually panhandle her guests instead of trying to sell to them. I asked the team if they would be willing to take up a collection to keep her ass at home and stop her from "burning ups" that we could sell. They all agreed. Then I told them, "welcome to the Democrat party".

Rampant crime, violence, homelessness, drug use, and corruption exists in the blue shitholes because the DemoKKKrats who run them WANT it that way. It will never get better as long as they are in charge.
You know, I got to tell you. Bonanza was one of the most liberal shows ever on television, and Dan Blocker was a huge liberal Democrat.

"324,000 U.S. Blacks Killed by Blacks In Only 35 Years​

1624051416431.png

Over the past 35 years in America, an estimated 324,000 blacks have been killed at the hands of fellow blacks, proving “racist” white cops are the least of their worries.
Yet most of the media, blinded black leaders and liberals still try to make the case that the biggest problem today in America is white cops killing innocent black males. This myth has been repeated over and over again, but, according to statistics compiled by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the United States Bureau of Justice Statistics, blacks have more to fear from fellow blacks than they do from police officers across the country.

Former New York City Mayor Rudolph William Louis “Rudy” Giuliani was excoriated by the mainstream media for citing statistics that prove white cops killing black males is minor compared to the thousands who are killed every year by other blacks.

Georgetown University Professor Michael Eric Dyson, questioned that statistic, Giuliani responded by citing another figure from a 2010 Bureau of Justice Statistics report that did, indeed, conclude that 93% of black homicide victims from 1980 through 2008 were killed by black offenders.

This reporter took a look at the 2007 U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics report. In that study, the agency reported that blacks were victims of 7,999 homicides in 2005. It corroborated Giuliani’s claim that 93% of blacks were killed by other blacks, or about 7,440 murders in that year alone.

Promoted bogus anti-police hatred, while ignoring some 350,000 blacks killed by lawless blacks.
324,000 U.S. Blacks Killed by Blacks In Only 35 Years – American Free Press

And they still vote Democrat.
1633297720651.jpeg

The news is pretty much the same....name a Democrat stronghold, run by Democrat officials....and the crime news is no longer astounding.
The bad guys in the rural areas don't stay home and take it out on the livestock hon.
They go to the big cities of America that are totally corrupted and awash with crime, to do business on their intended victims.
However, America still has the 'Helter Skelter' type copycats.

Is there a solution somewhere out there that can lessen or reverse the process? That's the single IQ test question that well-intentioned people are asking.

The bad guys in the rural areas don't stay home and take it out on the livestock hon.
They go to the big cities of America that are totally corrupted and awash with crime, to do business on their intended victims.
However, America still has the 'Helter Skelter' type copycats.

Is there a solution somewhere out there that can lessen or reverse the process? That's the single IQ test question that well-intentioned people are asking.

Everyone knows who the felons are.....Democrat voters.

Your sort.

The fact is no major US City is going to allow itself to be run by Republicans
The main reason is Republicans do not give a shit about people

Or because major cities are full of slums with mass numbers of people that feed off of the government teat. The Democratic Party feeds off these folks.

I don't have a dog in your political fight hon, I'm a Canadian;

And I stand by my country's record on freedoms, quality of life, socially responsible citizens, and other qualities that are attributable to the left of center.

You're a Leftist windbag who is unable to comprehend that you and your antecedents, Rousseau, Hegel and Marx, never understood human nature.

Every regime based on your views fails when it comes to advancing mankind.

And you live in America's largest nature park......just no free speech.

Or because major cities are full of slums with mass numbers of people that feed off of the government teat. The Democratic Party feeds off these folks.

As a whole, our cities contribute much more in taxes than they receive in return
Cities are our economic magnets

It is rural America that is sucking up our tax dollars

Every regime based on your views fails when it comes to advancing mankind.
China has raised hundreds of millions of it's people up out of poverty that is unequalled by any other form of government in world history.

It's capitalism under the direction of communist leadership.
Government leadership in communist China isn't held back by the political infighting that is holding America back by not electing the brightest, but instead elects fatally flawed characters such as Trump or Biden and co.

Xi's new initiative of placing limits on capitalist greed is worth a second look in that it combines the best of capitalism with socially responsible government.

China has raised hundreds of millions of it's people up out of poverty that is unequalled by any other form of government in world history.

It's capitalism under the direction of communist leadership.
Government leadership in communist China isn't held back by the political infighting that is holding America back by not electing the brightest, but instead elects fatally flawed characters such as Trump or Biden and co.

Xi's new initiative of placing limits on capitalist greed is worth a second look in that it combines the best of capitalism with socially responsible government.

"China has raised hundreds of millions of it's people up out of poverty that is unequalled by any other form of government in world history."

By mass murder.

And that is allowable by your sort.

Even the most loyal soldiers of the Left are not immune to the methods of the nihilistic death cults of Leftism.

Under Mao, even the highest communist officials are subject to his bloody intentions.

“President Liu Shaoqi, the number-two man at the Eighth Congress, had been under detention since 1967, and was ferociously beaten at denunciation meetings. He was denied medicine for both his long-term illness, diabetes, and his newly caught pneumonia, and was given treatment only when he was on the brink of death because Mme. Mao explicitly ordered that he be kept alive so the Ninth Congress would “have a living target.” At the Congress the verdict that he was “a criminal traitor, enemy agent, and scab in the service of the imperialists, modern revisionists [Russians], and the Kuomintang reactionaries” was read by Zhou Enlai. After the Congress, Liu was allowed to die, in agony.

Marshal Ho Lung, another former Politburo member and a founder of the Communist army, died scarcely two months after the Congress. Because he had wielded power in the army, he was subjected to two and a half years of slow torture, which, he said to his wife, was “intended to destroy my health so they can murder me without spilling my blood.” The torment included allowing him only a small can of water every day during the boiling summer, cutting off all heating during the winter, when the temperature remained well below zero for months on end, and denying him medicine for his diabetes. In the end, he died after a large dose of glucose was administered when his diabetes got worse.

Tao Zhu, the Politburo member who had helped my mother at the start of the Cultural Revolution, was detained under inhuman conditions for nearly three years, which destroyed his health. He was denied proper treatment until his gallbladder cancer was far advanced and Zhou Enlai sanctioned an operation. But the windows in his hospital room were permanently blacked out with newspapers, and his family was not allowed to see him at his deathbed or after his death. Marshal Peng Dehuai died of the same kind of drawn-out torment, which in his case lasted eight years, until 1974. His last request was to see the trees and the day- light outside his newspaper-covered hospital windows, and it was turned down. These and many similar persecutions were typical of Mao’s methods in the Cultural Revolution.” Chang, “Wild Swans.”

Mao killed millions of his own people. In fact, it is estimated that the Chinese Communists — led, inspired, and controlled by Mao — have killed 65 million Chinese citizens since 1949 through the Great Leap Forward, the Cultural Revolution, and the Gulag system of slave-labor prisons (the “Laogai” system) that Mao implemented.” Anita Dunn and Mao Zedong | National Review

This is true of ever one of your sort of regimes.

As a whole, our cities contribute much more in taxes than they receive in return

In a nutshell winger, greedy capitalism has failed the American people and there's little doubt the move is on to change their lot in life.
The Trump movement was the greatest demonstration of that but unfortunately Trump redirected any progress toward his own personal gain.

"China has raised hundreds of millions of it's people up out of poverty that is unequalled by any other form of government in world history."

By mass murder.
And in actual factual experience since the end of WW2, it's been America that has started 40 wars of aggression in which it's slaughtered an estimated 30 million people in foreign lands.

And in actual factual experience since the end of WW2, it's been America that has started 40 wars of aggression in which it's slaughtered an estimated 30 million people in foreign lands.

Sorry....you won't be allowed to squirm away from the admission that you endorse mass murder.

Yes, there are more people overpaid in large urban areas. Garbage collectors are paid well based on average salaries. The flip side is that the average standard of living is still well below that of much of suburbia due to high taxes and a high cost of living. I guess it is a trade-off. Certainly one I would not be willing to make to live in a virtual squaller. I guess the Democrats want us all to live in that squaller.

Yes, there are more people overpaid in large urban areas. Garbage collectors are paid well based on average salaries. The flip side is that the average standard of living is still well below that of much of suburbia due to high taxes and a high cost of living. I guess it is a trade-off. Certainly one I would not be willing to make to live in a virtual squaller. I guess the Democrats want us all to live in that squaller.
Not only are salaries higher but business generates more tax revenue.
Rural areas would not have paved roads, electricity, phone service, schools or hospitals if it was not subsidized by the revenue generated by cities

Rural areas would not have paved roads, electricity, phone service, schools or hospitals if it was not subsidized by the revenue generated by cities

Cool, I am glad some people want to live there. More power to them. They vote for higher taxes so they have nothing to complain about. Keep in mind there are many states that don't have very large urban areas that manage to have roads, electricity, hospitals, etc. In my area, these small cities/towns are largely conservative so taxes are not nearly as high and the average standard of living is considerably higher than in large urban areas.

But commerce is log jammed!
Airlines are cancelling!
Inflation keeps inflating!
And....the rent is just too goddamned high!!

Forum List

Back