It finally hit me.

Republicans are going to deregulate again and send us back into a recession. For this reason alone Hillary was the better choice.
Ah yes. Another of your "educated" "smart" predictions.
Your batting fucking ZERO pal.
Maybe you ought to go to the 'Oprah' forum.
You'll fit right in.

Not sure why it to so long. My guess is that I've been a little stunned since the election. Anyway, it whacked me upside the head last night as I was pouring a scotch, rubbing my dog's belly and watching Blacklist on Netflix.

The nagging feeling that finally hit me was that one party controls the WH, House & Senate, AND will probably have at least two Supreme Court picks.

I voted against Trump by voting for Hillary, but that for me was like choosing between two steaming bowls of crap. I think I was kind of assuming that Congress would end up split and whichever one won would have clear restraints.

As an Independent who doesn't care for either party, this is kind of the nightmare scenario for me. I'd have the same sinking feeling if the Dems had that much power, too.

I'd ask the Republicans to be careful and measured and thoughtful, but they're like a kid in a candy store right now. I guess that's understandable.

Yikes.

THe big problem in the past when REpublicans has had control is that they spend too much.

Other than that, the worst that will happen is that some of the policies popular with republicans might actually be implemented.

I hope that they are NOT careful and measured. We need to use that power to the maximum impact.

Patrick Buchanan had a great article on this, that I recommend.

Memo to Trump: ‘Action This Day!’

"
“Action this day!” was the scribbled command of Prime Minister Churchill on his notepads in World War II. This should be the motto of the first months of a Trump presidency.

For the historic opportunity he and the Republican Party have been given by his stunning and unanticipated victory of Nov. 8 will not last long. His adversaries and enemies in politics and press are only temporarily dazed and reeling.

This great opening should be exploited now.

Few anticipated Tuesday morning what we would have today: a decapitated Democratic Party, with the Obamas and Clintons gone or going, Joe Biden with them, no national leader rising, and only the power of obstruction, of which the nation has had enough.

The GOP, however, on Jan. 20, will control both Houses of Congress and the White House, with the real possibility of remaking the Supreme Court in the image of the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan have indicated they are willing to work with President Trump.

There is nothing to prevent the new GOP from writing history.

In his first months, Trump could put a seal on American politics as indelible as that left by Ronald Reagan.

A partial agenda: First, he should ignore any importunings by President Obama to permit passage of the Trans-Pacific Partnership in a lame-duck session — and let the trade deal sink by year’s end.

On Jan. 20, he should have vetted and ready to nominate to the high court a brilliant constitutionalist and strict constructionist.

He should act to end interference with the Dakota Access pipeline and call on Congress to re-enact legislation, vetoed by Obama, to finish the Keystone XL pipeline. Then he should repeal all Obama regulations that unnecessarily restrict the production of the oil, gas and clean coal necessary to make America energy independent again.

Folks in Pennsylvania, southeast Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia should be shown, by executive action, that Trump is a man of his word. And when the mines open again, he should be there.

He should order new actions to seal the Southern border, start the wall and begin visible deportations of felons who are in the country illegally.

With a new education secretary, he should announce White House intent to work for repeal of Common Core and announce the introduction of legislation to put federal resources behind the charter schools that have proven to be a godsend to inner-city black children.

He should propose an immediate tax cut for U.S. corporations, with $2 to $3 trillion in unrepatriated profits abroad, who will bring the money home and invest it in America, to the benefit of our economy and our Treasury.

He should take the president’s phone and pen and begin the rewriting or repeal of every Obama executive order that does not comport with the national interest or political philosophy of the GOP.

Trump should announce a date soon for repeal and replacement of Obamacare and introduction of his new tax-and-trade legislation to bring back manufacturing and create American jobs.

Donald Trump said in his campaign that that this is America’s last chance. If we lose this one, he said, we lose the country.

The president-elect should ignore his more cautious counselors, and act with the urgency of his declared beliefs."

What part of any of that is really scary to you?

Our system of checks and balances will work out because we have a Democrat pretending to be a Republican in the White House, and a Congress who can't stand him.

how do checks and balances work when there is no one to stop you?

good luck.
That hasn't bothered you for the past 8 years.
At best Trump will have a very slight majority in the senate for the next 2 years if he does a shitty job the senate and possibly the house will swing democrat

it's the way it's always worked and it's exactly how it worked with Obama but somehow this time it's going to be sooo much worse than it ever was

It's time to send these crybabies to bed they've obviously been up too long
Apparently you are unaware of how many Senate seats currently held by DEM are up for grabs in two years.
You are seem unaware that President Trump WON the election.
I have been 100% accurate about what would happen visa vi the Presidency/Senate and Congress going back when Trump fist announced.
I predict the DEM will lose at least 15 Senate seats in the next Primary.

Well, two things, one being issue-oriented and one being behavioral.

Regarding issues, there are some on which I agree with Democrats, and I'm concerned they're in danger of going south before long. Abortion, gay rights, various economic issues, various social issues. Not really in the mood to rehash all of those here, but there are things I just would rather not see happen.

But perhaps the behavioral side is even more concerning. Politicians and partisans, especially when they attain newfound power, tend to knee-jerk and overcompensate. And the more power they have, the more they knee-jerk. In this way - among many, many others - the two parties are very similar.

So I don't just don't either party having too much power.

Well, two things, one being issue-oriented and one being behavioral.

Regarding issues, there are some on which I agree with Democrats, and I'm concerned they're in danger of going south before long. Abortion, gay rights, various economic issues, various social issues. Not really in the mood to rehash all of those here, but there are things I just would rather not see happen.

But perhaps the behavioral side is even more concerning. Politicians and partisans, especially when they attain newfound power, tend to knee-jerk and overcompensate. And the more power they have, the more they knee-jerk. In this way - among many, many others - the two parties are very similar.

So I don't just don't either party having too much power.

1. We conservatives have had to deal with not getting our way on social issues for a long time. If you need to talk, I'm here for you. Sometimes that other guys get to have what they want. It's democracy.

2. Knee jerk? Overcompensate? Pretty vague. Trust me, nothing bad will happen.

Not sure why it to so long. My guess is that I've been a little stunned since the election. Anyway, it whacked me upside the head last night as I was pouring a scotch, rubbing my dog's belly and watching Blacklist on Netflix.

The nagging feeling that finally hit me was that one party controls the WH, House & Senate, AND will probably have at least two Supreme Court picks.

I voted against Trump by voting for Hillary, but that for me was like choosing between two steaming bowls of crap. I think I was kind of assuming that Congress would end up split and whichever one won would have clear restraints.

As an Independent who doesn't care for either party, this is kind of the nightmare scenario for me. I'd have the same sinking feeling if the Dems had that much power, too.

I'd ask the Republicans to be careful and measured and thoughtful, but they're like a kid in a candy store right now. I guess that's understandable.

Yikes.

What is it that you fear?
Are you believing the lies?
How could he be worse that the disaster we have had now for eight years?
Everyone has been wrong about Trump from the beginning, likely they are wrong still.
Things can always be worse. Thinking that things are as bad as they can get has never made sense to me.

And the fact that I don't agree with the Republicans on some issues doesn't mean I'm misinformed.

I could also argue that anyone who agrees with the GOP spends too much time with talk radio and conservative internet.

I don't care much for either party, and I don't want either of them having too much power. Both parties have given me myriad reasons for that opinion.

I never said or implied that you were misinformed.

You try too hard to be impartial.

Yikes.

Everyone has been wrong about Trump from the beginning, likely they are wrong still.
Things can always be worse. Thinking that things are as bad as they can get has never made sense to me.

And the fact that I don't agree with the Republicans on some issues doesn't mean I'm misinformed.

I could also argue that anyone who agrees with the GOP spends too much time with talk radio and conservative internet.

I don't care much for either party, and I don't want either of them having too much power. Both parties have given me myriad reasons for that opinion.

I don't try to be impartial, I just try to keep my mind open and understand all sides of an issue.

Our system of checks and balances will work out because we have a Democrat pretending to be a Republican in the White House, and a Congress who can't stand him.

how do checks and balances work when there is no one to stop you?

good luck.
That hasn't bothered you for the past 8 years.
At best Trump will have a very slight majority in the senate for the next 2 years if he does a shitty job the senate and possibly the house will swing democrat

it's the way it's always worked and it's exactly how it worked with Obama but somehow this time it's going to be sooo much worse than it ever was

It's time to send these crybabies to bed they've obviously been up too long
Apparently you are unaware of how many Senate seats currently held by DEM are up for grabs in two years.
You are seem unaware that President Trump WON the election.
I have been 100% accurate about what would happen visa vi the Presidency/Senate and Congress going back when Trump fist announced.
I predict the DEM will lose at least 15 Senate seats in the next Primary.

I really don't care what you predict. If people aren't happy with Trump's first 2 years he will lose the senate

Yikes.

I don't try to be impartial, I just try to keep my mind open and understand all sides of an issue.

Perhaps, but it seems that you go way out of your way to be impartial. Sometimes you have to take a stand.

Yikes.

Perhaps, but it seems that you go way out of your way to be impartial. Sometimes you have to take a stand.
Well, that's just the way my little brain works. I take specific stands on individual issues, but not macro ideologies.

I've had two careers, and both have required me to carefully, completely and dispassionately compile and analyze as much information as possible before taking an action. Maybe that's why I'm as loony as I am...

That's my excuse, anyway.

I'd ask the Republicans to be careful and measured and thoughtful.

Are you insane? The country is in a huge mess, we have serious problems that need to be solved right now this is no time to be measured and worried about hurting the Dem's feelings. For fucks sake.

Are you insane? The country is in a huge mess, we have serious problems that need to be solved right now this is no time to be measured and worried about hurting the Dem's feelings. For fucks sake.
The fact that we have serious problems is the precise reason we need to careful and measured and thoughtful.

It's a complicated world, and making critical decisions based on panic and emotion would be the last thing we should do.

Better to use intelligence and reason.

The fact that we have serious problems is the precise reason we need to careful and measured and thoughtful.

It's a complicated world, and making critical decisions based on panic and emotion would be the last thing we should do.

Good grief well it does not surprise me one damn bit that you voted for Hillary the stupid ass moron who has a 30 year track record of failure, lies, and corruption. Goddamn I like you Mac but you can be dumb as a brick sometimes.

Good grief well it does not surprise me one damn bit that you voted for Hillary the stupid ass moron who has a 30 year track record of failure, lies, and corruption. Goddamn I like you Mac but you can be dumb as a brick sometimes.
Which in no way, on any level, addresses what I actually said, or advances the conversation.

That kind of anger and attacking and name-calling are the opposite of what we need. Nothing of substance can be accomplished that way.

The US worker now has a voice after a wasted generation of backing the Dems!!!

71820284.jpg

Greg

congrats, greg. you bought the delusion.

manufacturing jobs are not coming back to the US. they are not gone because of "trade agreements". and now china will move in to the void left by the US.

you go, kiddies.

And so you really rusted off the Rust Belt!! Silly girl!!

Greg

poor little boy. was that supposed to have expressed a cogent thought.

thanks for playing.

well, you got all of the lunatic talking points down.

too bad there's not an ounce of IQ to go with your rant.

well, you got all of the lunatic talking points down.

too bad there's not an ounce of IQ to go with your rant.

I wasn't talking to you, as you are a liberal and not worth talking to.

Forum List

Back