Issa's Traveling Obamacare Hearings Exclude ACA Supporters

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Darrell Issa's Traveling Obamacare Hearings Exclude ACA Supporters | Crooks and Liars

Residents were angry because Issa picked the five witnesses that we will hear from, all residents of North Carolina.

Allison Ward will NOT be among them. A proponent of the ACA, she wrote this letter to Issa, saying "I want to testify for one reason. I cannot do this by myself. I cannot afford healthcare."

"I haven't heard any word back," Ward says.

And she probably won't. A representative from Issa's office says all speakers had to be vetted in advance...that the format tomorrow will not be a town hall...that they're trying to keep the hearing short - about two hours.

But Ward says her message is important. The ACA offers her insurance she can afford for the first time in years.

"My president has said I hear you, I'm going to help you and frankly the way I see it is that other people are getting in the way," she says.

Dana Wilson is another Charlotte resident who wants to speak, but has not gotten a response to her request. As a teenager, she was diagnosed with MS.

"No one would insure me at all," Wilson says.

Darrell Issa's Traveling Obamacare Hearings Exclude ACA Supporters | Crooks and Liars

Residents were angry because Issa picked the five witnesses that we will hear from, all residents of North Carolina.

Allison Ward will NOT be among them. A proponent of the ACA, she wrote this letter to Issa, saying "I want to testify for one reason. I cannot do this by myself. I cannot afford healthcare."

"I haven't heard any word back," Ward says.

And she probably won't. A representative from Issa's office says all speakers had to be vetted in advance...that the format tomorrow will not be a town hall...that they're trying to keep the hearing short - about two hours.

But Ward says her message is important. The ACA offers her insurance she can afford for the first time in years.

"My president has said I hear you, I'm going to help you and frankly the way I see it is that other people are getting in the way," she says.

Dana Wilson is another Charlotte resident who wants to speak, but has not gotten a response to her request. As a teenager, she was diagnosed with MS.

"No one would insure me at all," Wilson says.

They need to be talking to vice-chairman of the committee...the Democrat....the Obama parrot....he can call them if he wants to...if they exist.

Issa sure is a fan of insurance when it comes to fires of dubious origin.

Google it. He's so sketch, dude.

another huge wad of taxpayer money that Issa(R) is going to blow on a purposely one-sided hearing. :thup: Color me shocked :doubt:

One sided? Yeah, I suppose so. When the White House refuses to comply with subpoenas, it does appear rather one sided. If the obama administration wants to be heard from, they always could provide requested information so we could have a "fair" hearing.

Issa tells one side of the story, not permitting positive stories, and scumbags like Ernie defend him. No surprises.

Does their demands and wailing ever cease?

Did they Wail there was no one who went up against the poor little rich girl, Sandy Fluke when she was called before Congress?
Or that Obama didn't have any potted plants counter protesters staged behind him for all his kabuki shows on OfailCare?

Last edited:
Issa tells one side of the story, not permitting positive stories, and scumbags like Ernie defend him. No surprises.

Issa asks for documents, obama administration refuses to comply and scumbags like Jedediah defend him. No surprises.

Scumbag doesn't realize that Issa is telling his side of the story, but if the Administration refuses subpoenas, there is no one to tell the other side.

You love how they all of sudden worry over money being spent?

Like Congress has never had investigations before and that isn't their jobs

just sad and whiney

Issa asks for documents, obama administration refuses to comply and scumbags like Jedediah defend him. No surprises.

Scumbag doesn't realize that Issa is telling his side of the story, but if the Administration refuses subpoenas, there is no one to tell the other side.

Deflection noted...scumbag

Just like Boehner lied - more than once.

John Boehner Lied and Faked Problems With Website While Signing Up for Obamacare

It turns out that Speaker Boehner lied about his struggles to sign up for Obamacare. The Speaker wasn’t having trouble with the website. He put the ACA rep on hold for 35 minutes.

And again -

Boehner Gets Caught Hyping Another Completely False Obamacare 'Horror' Story

On Monday, as Healthcare.gov was being visited by nearly a million people, Speaker of the House John Bohner (R-OH) felt it was necessary to try to save face and do his best to push the narrative that ordinary people were getting punished by the Affordable Care Act. ...

So, what we have is a wanna be conservative politician who desperately wanted attention and was able to get it by concocting a scenario in order to get the story he wanted to tell the press.

As more Americans benefit from ACA, the Rs are really cranking up the lies.

Forum List

Back