Israeli-Saudi Ties Warming

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
It could, in part, be the new threats posed by Islamic State (or al Qaeda, or Hezbollah, or the Taliban, or Boko Haram, or ...) but the sentiment expressed in the following article may just be a crack in the Arab World's 4 decades old "3 No's" approach to Israel. What Abd al-Mujid al-Hakim found amongst Israelis is not only common there, it has existed for decades:

Israeli-Saudi Ties Warming; Hizballah and Iran Livid

"The Israeli society that I encountered embraces a culture of peace, has accomplishments it wants to (protect), wants coexistence, and wants peace."

Those words weren’t spoken by an enthused congressman after a trip to Israel. They were spoken to BBC Arabic by Abd al-Mujid al-Hakim, director of the Middle East Center for Strategic and Legal Policy in Jedda, Saudi Arabia, and a member of a Saudi delegation that recently visited Israel.

The delegation, which included academics and businessmen, was led by Dr. Anwar Eshki, a retired Saudi general and former top adviser to the Saudi government. About a year earlier Eshki had shaken hands and shared a stage in Washington with Israeli Foreign Ministry director-general Dore Gold—seen as a major breakthrough at the time. But a public visit to Israel of this kind, which could only have been carried out with the approval of the highest level of the Saudi government, is a historical first and still has a taste of the surreal to it.

Ha Ha, Google "Abd al-Mujid al-Hakim" and no link to the supposed BBC Interview, and no interviews in Israel?

I do believe it, they both want Iran , Syria, and Hezbollah to be history.
Israel and SA , two peas in same pod.

It could, in part, be the new threats posed by Islamic State (or al Qaeda, or Hezbollah, or the Taliban, or Boko Haram, or ...) but the sentiment expressed in the following article may just be a crack in the Arab World's 4 decades old "3 No's" approach to Israel. What Abd al-Mujid al-Hakim found amongst Israelis is not only common there, it has existed for decades:

Israeli-Saudi Ties Warming; Hizballah and Iran Livid

"The Israeli society that I encountered embraces a culture of peace, has accomplishments it wants to (protect), wants coexistence, and wants peace."

Those words weren’t spoken by an enthused congressman after a trip to Israel. They were spoken to BBC Arabic by Abd al-Mujid al-Hakim, director of the Middle East Center for Strategic and Legal Policy in Jedda, Saudi Arabia, and a member of a Saudi delegation that recently visited Israel.

The delegation, which included academics and businessmen, was led by Dr. Anwar Eshki, a retired Saudi general and former top adviser to the Saudi government. About a year earlier Eshki had shaken hands and shared a stage in Washington with Israeli Foreign Ministry director-general Dore Gold—seen as a major breakthrough at the time. But a public visit to Israel of this kind, which could only have been carried out with the approval of the highest level of the Saudi government, is a historical first and still has a taste of the surreal to it.

So nice to have an Arab nation working with Israel for peace in the region. The Saudi's even offered air space to Israel if needed to put an end to radical Islamic terrorists.

Ha Ha, Google "Abd al-Mujid al-Hakim" and no link to the supposed BBC Interview, and no interviews in Israel?

Perhaps that is because you are stupid. I just Googled "Saudi delegation visits Israel" and pages of stuff came up including this from al Monitor:
What Saudi Arabia can offer Israel

BTW, the link in the OP is from YAHOO and while I realize no source is perfect, the anger and betrayal you are feeling is about with the possibility that the Arab World may be ready to quit the Nazi's centuries long war against the Jooo.
:biggrin:

fanger, et al,

It is getting so I have to have a "Cheat Sheet" to keep track of all the various positions.

Saudi Arabia does not have official diplomatic relations with Israel.
It has a ban on israeli goods and services
The Times has reported that Saudi Arabia has tested the ability to stand down their air defenses to allow an Israeli strike on Iran to pass through their airspace. Both nations have denied this.
Israel–Saudi Arabia relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(COMMENT)

• I think it is interesting that there is a rumor of Palestinian Authority assisting in the normalization process.
• I find it interesting the one of the loudest opponents to SA-Israel Normalization is Hezbollah (considered a terrorist organization by Gulf states).
• I find it more interesting that the Hezbollah Leader Hassan Nasrallah see any move to establish positive diplomatic relations as potentially damaging: “We are facing a doctrinal and cultural disaster, because this requires religious acceptance and recognition of Israel.”
• Of course, just as you would expect --- the Islamic Resistance Movement (HAMAS) brusquely insisted Saudi Arabia disrupt unofficial visits and reenforce the Saudi Official Position. They are afraid that such excursions could be uses to undermine Palestinians and culturally corrupt support.

I suspect that the Saudi Court will keep the plausible deniability option open until HM the King (Salman) feels the domestic pulse, checks the diplomatic temperature, and weighs the benefits 'v' consequences of proceeding further. This looks like an exploratory mission to examine the fall-out.

Most Respectfully,
R

Eshki himself recently told Israeli publication Yedioth Ahronoth, “My government did not ask me to conduct negotiations, and the Israeli side was not given such a mission or authorization either. … I don’t need permission because I am not a government official and not in any official capacity. If I were in an official capacity, this would not have happened. I define all the meetings I had with the Israelis as private and noncommittal conversations.”

Read more: http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/ori...alem-arab-peace-initiative.html#ixzz4GlUR80ED
Still no sign of the elusive Abd al-Mujid al-Hakim

Eshki himself recently told Israeli publication Yedioth Ahronoth, “My government did not ask me to conduct negotiations, and the Israeli side was not given such a mission or authorization either. … I don’t need permission because I am not a government official and not in any official capacity. If I were in an official capacity, this would not have happened. I define all the meetings I had with the Israelis as private and noncommittal conversations.”

Read more: What Saudi Arabia can offer Israel
Still no sign of the elusive Abd al-Mujid al-Hakim

Uh-huh.

So after further review you are admitting that the private Saudi delegation did indeed visit Israel and that Abd al-Mujid al-Hakim, director of the Middle East Center for Strategic and Legal Policy in Jedda, Saudi Arabia may well have said:

My points remain the same ... that much of "Israeli society" has embraced that culture and has wanted coexistence for decades and that only mindless, hateful, Nazi fools would be so resentful of everything which could lead to Mideast peace.

Try using the imams computer that connects to the WWW, and not the boiler room one that connects to terrorists-r-us

It is there on the real Google so why cant you find it

Get it right it is iran that wants to take over islam so is spreading dissent about Saudi. remember Saudi was the birthplace of islam and the iranians are upset that they have nothing.

Get it right it is iran that wants to take over islam so is spreading dissent about Saudi. remember Saudi was the birthplace of islam and the iranians are upset that they have nothing.

It use to be Arabia, and who in the heck do you think lived in Iran, Chinese ? Get your head out of that OT, the world existed outside of what was the land of Canaan , AKA, Egypt, Persian, Greece, Rome, and oh yes Israel/Judea , never mind about the Hittites, Canaanites, Phoenicians, etc. Saudi Arabia= barbaric terrorists. That is where they all come from. What about the Edomites? Other countries actually say little about Israel.

I

It use to be Arabia, and who in the heck do you think lived in Iran, Chinese ? Get your head out of that OT, the world existed outside of what was the land of Canaan , AKA, Egypt, Persian, Greece, Rome, and oh yes Israel/Judea , never mind about the Hittites, Canaanites, Phoenicians, etc. Saudi Arabia= barbaric terrorists. That is where they all come from. What about the Edomites? Other countries actually say little about Israel.

Isn't it wonderful how Israel has made a lasting peace with the surrounding Arab countries of Egypt & Jordan & now Saudi Arabia joining in for peace in the region as well?

I

Isn't it wonderful how Israel has made a lasting peace with the surrounding Arab countries of Egypt & Jordan & now Saudi Arabia joining in for peace in the region as well?

There was coup in Egypt remember, and Jordan is not really happy with Israel.

I

There was coup in Egypt remember, and Jordan is not really happy with Israel.

You are so funny. FYI, Jordan even has open borders with Israel so tourists to Israel can cross over & purchase Jordanian goods & services to boost their economy. That's love for Israel. And Egypt also had an open border with Israel in Gaza. That is until the damn Zionists made the mistake of granting a Jew free Gaza to the Pali animals who Egypt knows so well.

Could you do us all a favor, Penelope, since apparently you want to appear an expert on Iran? Ask the ex Iranians in your town why they want to be called Persians instead of Iranians. Could it be that they don't want to have the invading Arabs' blood running through their veins?

Could you do us all a favor, Penelope, since apparently you want to appear an expert on Iran? Ask the ex Iranians in your town why they want to be called Persians instead of Iranians. Could it be that they don't want to have the invading Arabs' blood running through their veins?

I don't know any Iranians, or I would.

Sure you do. They're infesting this forum and they are keeping an eye on you. Don't go to sleep.

Sure you do. They're infesting this forum and they are keeping an eye on you. Don't go to sleep.

Get a grip. Here learn about the difference of Iran and Persia.

Get a grip. Here learn about the difference of Iran and Persia.
WTF???

Forum List

Back