Israeli rabbis call for establishment of extermination camps for Palestinians

I have been to Israel too and never met anyone like this but that was about 35 years ago and even then I was warned to keep away from the Kibbutz where the extreme religious lived.
Hilarious. And what was the name of that allegedly extreme religious "kibbutz"?

OCCUPIED JERUSALEM, (PIC)– A Zionist magazine, apparently reflecting popular Israeli opinion, promoted the idea of extermination camps for the Palestinians.

The weekly magazine distributed in synagogues throughout the country published an advisory opinion undersigned by major rabbis calling the establishment of those camps a “legitimate duty”, the Israeli e-newspaper YNet reported Saturday.

The statement attacked rabbis who had reservations on signing the document, calling the Palestinians the “giants” who religious texts say the Lord commanded the Israelites to slaughter them, their children, their women, their elders, and even their beasts more than two thousand years ago.

According to those rabbis, the Torah requires the Jews to wipe out any trace of those giants in this era, in reference to the Palestinians.

Jewish thinker Audi Aloni said calls to eliminate the Palestinians are openly made in the synagogues as the genocidal idea has become a practical option.

“No one objected to Rabbi Shlomo Eliahu, chief rabbi of Safed, and Rabbi Shlomo Avner, Chief Rabbi of Beit El, who undersigned the advisory opinion, which suggests approval of their opinion,” Aloni said.

Israeli rabbis call for establishment of extermination camps for Palestinians | Occupied Palestine |

Of course the article is a lie. The rabbis' letter that was really written called on Jewish Israelis not to rent or sell apartments to Arabs and was condemned as racist by virtually everyone on importance in Israel.

Opposition
Minorities Affairs Minister Avishay Braverman called for Eliyahu's ouster as early as November 18, 2010.[9] On December 12, Braverman threatened to push for his Labor Party to quit the coalition, stating that "There is a hatred of foreigners. The nation is turning into Iran following the rabbis' letter."[10]

The Association for Civil Rights in Israel demanded that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemn the letter (which he later did) and take disciplinary action against state-employed signatories of the letter, saying in a statement that "Rabbis who are civil servants have an obligation to the entire public, including Israel's Arab citizens. It is unthinkable that they would use their public status to promote racism and incitement."[11]

Benjamin Netanyahu, the Prime Minister of Israel and the leader of the Likud party, condemned the letter on December 7 in a speech before the National Bible Contest for adults in Jerusalem, stating that ""How would we feel if we were told not to sell an apartment to Jews?" We would protest, and we protest now when it is said of our neighbors" and that "Such things cannot be said, not about Jews and not about Arabs. They cannot be said in any democratic country, and especially not in a Jewish and democratic one. The state of Israel rejects these sayings."[12]

Ehud Barak, the leader of the Labor Party, Deputy Prime Minister, and Defense Minister, stated that "The rabbis' letters is part of a racist tidal wave threatening to sweep Israeli society into dark and dangerous zones. The Labor Party under my authority is working to draw all of Israel's citizens together, in the spirit of the Declaration of Independence."[13]

Knesset Speaker Reuven Rivlin (Likud), the told Haaretz in in interview that "In my opinion, their statement shames the Jewish people...I see this general statement as an embarrassment to the Jewish people, and another nail in the coffin of Israeli democracy. Let me make this absolutely clear: I believe these people do the most damage to the state of Israel." Rivlin stated that "Israel can justify its faith in itself as a Jewish state only if it wields its democratic powers totally and unreservedly. This moral right will be taken from us if we prove to the world that, when it comes to democracy, we deny anything which does not suit us from a Jewish point of view." He also urged the attorney general to determine whether the letter constitutes incitement, a crime in Israel.

Rabbi Aharon Lichtenstein, head of Yeshivat Har Etzion and a major religious Zionist rabbinical figure,[14], wrote a lengthy and erudite letter of opposition.[15]

Rabbis Yosef Shalom Eliashiv and Aharon Leib Shteinman, the leading Ashkenazic Haredi rabbis in Israel, strongly condemned the edict.[16]

Almost all American rabbis also condemned the letter. An online petition for rabbis posted by the New Israel Fund on December 10 had 914 rabbi signatories five days later; by January 7, 2011, the petition had well over one thousand signatures.[17] The petition stated that "Am Yisrael knows the sting of discrimination, and we still bear the scars of hatred. When those who represent the official rabbinic leadership of the State of Israel express such positions, we are distressed by this Chillul HaShem, desecration of God's name...Statements like these do great damage to our efforts to encourage people to love and support Israel. They communicate to our congregants that Israel does not share their values, and they promote feelings of alienation and distancing." Notable American rabbis who signed included Conservative Rabbi Julie Schonfeld, executive vice president of the Conservative Rabbinical Assembly, Reform Rabbi David Saperstein, the director of the Religious Action Center of the Union for Reform Judaism), and Orthodox Rabbis Avi Weiss, the leader of the Hebrew Institute of Riverdale and Marc Angel. Signatories included members of all major American Jewish denominations. A separate condemnation was issued by the Orthodox Rabbinical Council of America. [18]

Roughly 50 Israeli Masorti rabbis signed a counter-letter allowing Jews to rent to non-Jews, while 40 female Israeli Reform rabbis representing the Israel Movement for Progressive Judaism issued a counter-letter proclaiming "professional and social contacts" between Jews and non-Jews to be positive and that "Jews who are confidant in their Jewish identity do not have to fear contact with people from other nations," a statement also supported by the council's 50 male Reform rabbis [19] The Reform rabbis also argued that the rebbetzins' attitude toward Israeli girls was "condescending", portrayed them as "weak", and perpetuated male chauvinism. Their counter-letter encouraged Israelis not to listen to "hate-mongers and fanatics". [20]

Holocaust survivors condemned the letter. Noah Flug, the chairman of the International Association of Holocaust Survivors, stated that "As someone who suffered as a Jew and underwent the Holocaust, I remember the Nazis throwing Jews out of their apartments and city centres in order to create ghettos. I remember how they wrote on benches that no Jews were allowed, and of course it was prohibited to sell or rent to Jews. We thought that in our country this wouldn't happen."[21]

December 2010 Israeli rabbi letter controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel has a law against incitement to racism and the principal rabbis involved were interrogated by the police to see if they had violated that law.

I think too much time wins.

After sixty years of blowing eachother up I am sure some Jews want to exterminate Palestinians and same the other way.

Oh, anyone wanna lessen the problem and offer a few hundred thousand Palestinian refugees citizanship i America? We could use more demand for our land to drive up home prices?

I have been to Israel too and never met anyone like this but that was about 35 years ago and even then I was warned to keep away from the Kibbutz where the extreme religious lived.

You may find it amusing but that belongs to you. Being so long ago, I couldn't off the top of my head even remember the kibbutz I stayed at but a search of Kibbutz in Galilee brought up Ginosar which I immediately remembered. This seems to be it now.

Ginosar village - Facilities and Attractions at Kibbutz Ginossar

I of course did not pay to go there. I went and worked as a volunteer. I stayed with the volunteers in what was called the 'Ghetto' and received free food and lodgings there plus a little pocket money.

I have also found this facebook page for previous volunteers at Ginosar

Kibbutz Ginosar | Facebook

We used to go skinny dipping in the Galilee which was just by our huts.

As far as the kibbutz members warning us to avoid one or two kibbutz which were extremely religious, this is as I said. I did not ask why. I had come to like the woman I can remember telling me and took her word for it. Why she told me I do not know. The kibbutzniks did not seem to like speaking politics. They simply warned that there were some kibbutz which should be avoided as they were religious and had extreme views and we probably would not be happy there. I realised yesterday after writing that it is not even impossible that the 'extremeness' they were speaking about were because they were anti zionist...but I don't think that was it.

Last edited:
You may find it amusing but that belongs to you.
Nah. it belongs to drivel and lies I'm responding to, of course.
Being so long ago, I couldn't off the top of my head even remember the kibbutz I stayed at but a search of Kibbutz in Galilee brought up Ginosar which I immediately remembered. I of course did not pay to go there. I went and worked as a volunteer. I stayed with the volunteers in what was called the 'Ghetto' and received free food and lodgings there plus a little pocket money.
Must've been the psychiatric hospital in Galilee, PA, of course.

Being so long ago, I couldn't off the top of my head even remember the kibbutz I stayed at but a search of Kibbutz in Galilee brought up Ginosar which I immediately remembered. I of course did not pay to go there. I went and worked as a volunteer. I stayed with the volunteers in what was called the 'Ghetto' and received free food and lodgings there plus a little pocket money.

Do some research so that you know something of Israel's history rather than embarrassing yourself...but perhaps you yourself are writing from a psychiatric hospital. Most of your posts mean nothing at all - except an extremist edge. The Israelis I knew at Ginosar were not as extreme as you, were people who had been involved in building the kibbutz before 1948 and who had a conscience towards the Palestinians, were aware that some wrong things had been done.

Yet you even believe it is a lie that people went to work on kibbutz as volunteers. For goodness sake do some research.

Do some research so that you know something of Israel's history rather than embarrassing yourself...but perhaps you yourself are writing from a psychiatric hospital. Most of your posts mean nothing at all - except an extremist edge. The Israelis I knew at Ginosar were not as extreme as you, were people who had been involved in building the kibbutz before 1948 and who had a conscience towards the Palestinians, were aware that some wrong things had been done. Yet you even believe it is a lie that people went to work on kibbutz as volunteers. For goodness sake do some research.
That was a hilarious LSD skinny dipping in the Galilee babbling, indeed.

Nah. it belongs to drivel and lies I'm responding to, of course.Must've been the psychiatric hospital in Galilee, PA, of course.
Do some research so that you know something of Israel's history rather than embarrassing yourself...but perhaps you yourself are writing from a psychiatric hospital. Most of your posts mean nothing at all - except an extremist edge. The Israelis I knew at Ginosar were not as extreme as you, were people who had been involved in building the kibbutz before 1948 and who had a conscience towards the Palestinians, were aware that some wrong things had been done. Yet you even believe it is a lie that people went to work on kibbutz as volunteers. For goodness sake do some research.

Absolute truth.

Do some research so that you know something of Israel's history rather than embarrassing yourself...but perhaps you yourself are writing from a psychiatric hospital. Most of your posts mean nothing at all - except an extremist edge. The Israelis I knew at Ginosar were not as extreme as you, were people who had been involved in building the kibbutz before 1948 and who had a conscience towards the Palestinians, were aware that some wrong things had been done.

Yet you even believe it is a lie that people went to work on kibbutz as volunteers. For goodness sake do some research.

you telling anyone else to learn israel's history is pretty funny. your purported knowledge is skewed by ignorance and misinformation.

Absolute truth.
Absolute LSD babble, of course.

you telling anyone else to learn israel's history is pretty funny. your purported knowledge is skewed by ignorance and misinformation.

Tell you what Gillian when you have a disagreement with something I actually say, please provide your different opinion or different information. I am quite open to learning. Anyone can just be rude. That shows no intelligence.

Tell you what Gillian when you have a disagreement with something I actually say, please provide your different opinion or different information. I am quite open to learning. Anyone can just be rude. That shows no intelligence.

your biases make you uneducable. i've seen your posts. and i make it a point to not waste my breath on the useless except to make fun of you.

and it's Jillian, with a J...

your biases make you uneducable. i've seen your posts. and i make it a point to not waste my breath on the useless except to make fun of you.

Sorry, I just had to do it.

spelling-nazis.jpg

You don't make arguments because you have none. In this thread for instance the information I have given is from Uri Avnery a peace activist - peace is what you make fun of. I have seen you at another forum where there was more rational discussion than here where you had no rep to hide behind, where abuse was not so easily accepted and you had no voice at all - just a little mouse.

You are just a probably older in years silly little girl who believes she is big because she has made an art of abuse.

If there were people here who argued sanely and without abuse I would be quite happy to argue with them.

I spent the first half of my life as an unquestioning unconditional Israeli supporter as I imagine is the same for all the others. It is only by not questioning by not looking at both sides of the picture that you can keep your head so empty.

a tinsy tot, hiding behind rep, with nothing in her head but unquestioning support for policies which she knows cannot stand up to scrutiny.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
I spent the first half of my life as an unquestioning unconditional Israeli supporter as I imagine is the same for all the others. It is only by not questioning by not looking at both sides of the picture that you can keep your head so empty.
Funny drivel, skinny dipping must've caused that.

Um. Here's a novel idea:

If the Israelis really wanted to enact genocide on the Palestinians, as the Hamas-lovers in here like to claim...they would've done it already.

People in Israel would sooner like to see the ultra religious deported to a tiny island off the coast of New Zealand than put Palestinians in concentration camps.

Popular opinion - more than sixty per cent - support dismantling most settlements in return for peace. In in the Palestinian territories, however, popular opinion is more like 'Death to Israel'.

Last edited:
Um. Here's a novel idea:

If the Israelis really wanted to enact genocide on the Palestinians, as the Hamas-lovers in here like to claim...they would've done it already.

People in Israel would sooner like to see the ultra religious deported to a tiny island off the coast of New Zealand than put Palestinians in concentration camps.

Popular opinion - more than sixty per cent - support dismantling most settlements in return for peace. In in the Palestinian territories, however, popular opinion is more like 'Death to Israel'.

That would lead to a nuclear war. And I'm sure mosty Israelis don't want Palestinians in concentration camps but like Native Americans they want the to fade away quietly while they/ we take their land. Silence is acceptance.

Forum List

Back