Israeli Apartheid

Palestinian journalist Khaled Abu Toameh: The false apartheid smear against Israel

“The false allegations also come from incorrectly confusing the nearly two million Israeli Arabs -- who make up about 21% of Israel's population and are full citizens of Israel -- with thousands of Arabs whose families left Israel when five Arab counties attacked Israel in 1948. After the Arab armies lost the war they had started, they were surprised to find that they were not welcomed back. They have since settled in other countries – such as Lebanon, Jordan, and the West -- as "Palestinians," but arenot citizens of Israel and therefore, of course, not subject to Israeli laws... If all the Arabs in the area are called "Palestinians," however, it makes it easier to claim grievances, merited or not.”

• Israeli Arabs, however, have full citizenship, including the right to vote and to public demonstration. They are represented in all levels of government, including positions as members of Knesset (parliament), in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and as Supreme Court justices. Israeli Arabs hold positions as high-ranking officers in the Israel Defense Forces, including that of major-general in the Central Command.
  • Israeli Arabs are deans, department heads, scientists, and professors at prestigious universities and hospitals. They are news anchors, journalists, actors, athletes, and are represented in every aspect of Israeli society.

The Apartheid Libel to Destroy Israel

Democracy for Some, Apartheid for Others - Flow Podcast EP 7 with Omar Shakir​

Arabs acknowledge freedom in Israel where United Arab Emirates has an embassy…

4F3F9B3E-A2FA-49F2-B5E1-30EB25A89A1B.jpeg

Oh, look, Barack Obama is pro-apartheid! Obama in Israel: “Tel Aviv is the future of the world!“

Policing the Narrative: Israel & Apartheid in the US Debate​

Palestinian journalist Khaled Abu Toameh: The false apartheid smear against Israel

“The false allegations also come from incorrectly confusing the nearly two million Israeli Arabs -- who make up about 21% of Israel's population and are full citizens of Israel -- with thousands of Arabs whose families left Israel when five Arab counties attacked Israel in 1948. After the Arab armies lost the war they had started, they were surprised to find that they were not welcomed back. They have since settled in other countries – such as Lebanon, Jordan, and the West -- as "Palestinians," but arenot citizens of Israel and therefore, of course, not subject to Israeli laws... If all the Arabs in the area are called "Palestinians," however, it makes it easier to claim grievances, merited or not.”

• Israeli Arabs, however, have full citizenship, including the right to vote and to public demonstration. They are represented in all levels of government, including positions as members of Knesset (parliament), in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and as Supreme Court justices. Israeli Arabs hold positions as high-ranking officers in the Israel Defense Forces, including that of major-general in the Central Command.
  • Israeli Arabs are deans, department heads, scientists, and professors at prestigious universities and hospitals. They are news anchors, journalists, actors, athletes, and are represented in every aspect of Israeli society.
The Apartheid Libel to Destroy Israel

Arab Israeli political leader Mansour Abbas rejects apartheid claim. “He defended his position by pointing out the obvious: that he leads an Israeli-Arab party that is a member of the government’s coalition.” “I am within the coalition,” he said, adding that the option also exists for Israeli-Arabs to be ministers in the government.”

MK Mansour Abbas: Israel is not an apartheid state

Arab Muslim human rights activist, former Miss Iraq Sarah Idan: “There is no apartheid in Israel. I am an Arab myself who has been to Israel and it was nothing like apartheid which was imposed by one set of people on another in the same country. The Palestinians are self-governing, they’re not ruled by the Israelis.”

“Zionism is believing that Israel has the right to exist, and it’s unfair that so many Muslims don’t see this when Islam is the second largest religion in the world practiced in so many Muslim-majority countries in the Middle East, Asia, and Europe. So, it’s really unfair that this small piece of land isn’t allowed to be the Jewish state.”

“Arabs hold high government positions including as members of the Knesset and ambassadors to foreign countries. What amazes me is that people use this term [apartheid], but what happened in South Africa was done by the government to its own people. What we have in Israel is a war between two nations.”

“They’re two different nations. They’re two different governments. How can you apply the term apartheid to the country? All Arabs who live in Israel have exactly the same rights as Israelis.”

There’s no apartheid in Israel, says Arab beauty queen

Reality Check:

Meet Sumaiiah Almheiri, the first Emirati Arab woman to attend university in Israel.

“When I arrived, I saw how beautiful the country is. I saw the diversity of the society. I saw the Arabs and Jews sitting together. It was mind-blowing!”

Meet Sumaiiah Almheiri, the first Emirati Arab woman to attend university in Israel.

“When I arrived, I saw how beautiful the country is. I saw the diversity of the society. I saw the Arabs and Jews sitting together. It was mind-blowing!”

Forum List

Back