Israel destroys Palestinian classrooms ahead of first day of school

The truth is anti semite in your warped mind
The truth is you antisemites couldn't care if a roof collapsed on innocent Palestinian school children due to shady construction, as long as you can promote your warped antisemitic theories. That is why Palestinian terrorists, who happen to be their leadership, also use UNRWA schools as rocket launch and storage sites.

This is the thanks Israel gets for trying to provide a safe educational environment for Palestinian kids.

Sounds like they built without a permit. My bet is if I did that here not only would I have to pay to tear it down but I'd get a whopping huge fine.

Nice try with the slander tho. Kinda lets us know who the racists are in the crowd
Why do Palestinians need to get permits from foreign assholes to build on their own land?

Sounds like they built without a permit. My bet is if I did that here not only would I have to pay to tear it down but I'd get a whopping huge fine.

Nice try with the slander tho. Kinda lets us know who the racists are in the crowd
Why do Palestinians need to get permits from foreign assholes to build on their own land?
Why do Palestinians who never ruled or controlled the land now think that building unsafe schools in order to steal donated money, is a good idea?

Why do Palestinians who never ruled or controlled the land now think that building unsafe schools in order to steal donated money, is a good idea?
Stupid post of the day!

Palestinians, who spread lies and fake news like this.
What motivates you to call it a "fake" story?

“The demolition of a school building the night before the start of the year epitomises the administrative cruelty and systematic harassment by authorities designed to drive Palestinians from their land,”
Israeli Forces Demolish Palestinian Classrooms day Before new School Year Began

Israel Seizes Mobile Classrooms in Palestinian Village on Eve of New School Year
The four communities in which the Civil Administration confiscated and demolished classrooms are located in Area C, where Israel does not allow Palestinians to build and hook up to water and electricity systems, despite the population’s needs and natural growth.
Until the mobile classrooms had been set up in the village, the children used to study in neighboring villages, about an hour’s walk away.

At 5 A.M. on Sunday this week, Border Police and police officers raided the village of Jabel al-Baba and confiscated a trailer intended to serve as a kindergarten for 25 children ages 4 to 6. They also confiscated 10 tables, 30 children’s chairs, two closets and a blackboard, worth some 10,000 shekels.

Israel seizes mobile classrooms in Palestinian village on eve of new school year

Who is the Liar here Roupy?
You are of course the liar and promoter of fake news.

Here's the real title:

Israel demolishes illegally-built schools funded by EU

Israeli officials say the structures did not have proper permits.

Many similar illegal projects are built by European NGOs with funding from the European Union.

"Every child has the right to safe access to education and states have an obligation to protect, respect and fulfill this right, by ensuring that schools are inviolable safe spaces for children."

COGAT, the Israeli agency that oversees civilian affairs in Judea and Samaria territories, said in a statement to AFP the buildings were built without the necessary permits.

Sorry to disagree here, but in certain places not close to infrastructure, accommodations SHOULD be made to temporarily house schoolchildren. The NGOs need to TRY HARDER to create BETTER solutions. They just seem to toss a lot of useless crap at Palestinians without a real plan to FIX anything.

But Israel should NOT be strictly enforcing zoning and other regs just to be cruel and destroy ATTEMPTS to make life better. Wouldn't hurt to trade those temp structures for a better school alternative. Wouldn't kill a country as well off as Israel.

I understand that Israel does not want schools that teach that Israel doesn't exist. But a KINDERGARTEN?? Bureaucratic excess..

“The demolition of a school building the night before the start of the year epitomises the administrative cruelty and systematic harassment by authorities designed to drive Palestinians from their land,”

Israel Seizes Mobile Classrooms in Palestinian Village on Eve of New School Year
The four communities in which the Civil Administration confiscated and demolished classrooms are located in Area C, where Israel does not allow Palestinians to build and hook up to water and electricity systems, despite the population’s needs and natural growth.
Until the mobile classrooms had been set up in the village, the children used to study in neighboring villages, about an hour’s walk away.

At 5 A.M. on Sunday this week, Border Police and police officers raided the village of Jabel al-Baba and confiscated a trailer intended to serve as a kindergarten for 25 children ages 4 to 6. They also confiscated 10 tables, 30 children’s chairs, two closets and a blackboard, worth some 10,000 shekels.

Israel seizes mobile classrooms in Palestinian village on eve of new school year

Here's the real title:

Many similar illegal projects are built by European NGOs with funding from the European Union.

"Every child has the right to safe access to education and states have an obligation to protect, respect and fulfill this right, by ensuring that schools are inviolable safe spaces for children."

COGAT, the Israeli agency that oversees civilian affairs in Judea and Samaria territories, said in a statement to AFP the buildings were built without the necessary permits.

Sorry to disagree here, but in certain places not close to infrastructure, accommodations SHOULD be made to temporarily house schoolchildren. The NGOs need to TRY HARDER to create BETTER solutions. They just seem to toss a lot of useless crap at Palestinians without a real plan to FIX anything.

But Israel should NOT be strictly enforcing zoning and other regs just to be cruel and destroy ATTEMPTS to make life better. Wouldn't hurt to trade those temp structures for a better school alternative. Wouldn't kill a country as well off as Israel.

I understand that Israel does not want schools that teach that Israel doesn't exist. But a KINDERGARTEN?? Bureaucratic excess..
Indeed, I don't see where Israel has any legitimate interest in Palestinian schools. Surely they are not a security problem. Israel only gives itself a black eye on the world stage when it destroys schools.

I don't know. This was in area c. Under Israeli jurisdiction according to Oslo. Does it make it right? Still, I don't know, but as Flac said, this was for kindergarten kids. Not really a good move, but if the structures were unsafe, then yes. More thought should have been put into this though.

Here's the real title:

Indeed, I don't see where Israel has any legitimate interest in Palestinian schools. Surely they are not a security problem. Israel only gives itself a black eye on the world stage when it destroys schools.

They CAN be a security problem. But not for Kindergarteners. Either hiding weapons like rocket launchers like they do in Gaza or training the kidlets to be jihadists. Point is --- If that's how Palestinians want to play and lose -- I leave that up to them. And destroying temp schoolhouses can be avoided by working WITH the NGOs and making it a bit easier to send aid.

Here's the real title:

I agree, if you read the article it does say that they were to provide for temporary structures at the start of school, until this mess is sorted out.

Here's the real title:

They CAN be a security problem. But not for Kindergarteners. Either hiding weapons like rocket launchers like they do in Gaza or training the kidlets to be jihadists. Point is --- If that's how Palestinians want to play and lose -- I leave that up to them. And destroying temp schoolhouses can be avoided by working WITH the NGOs and making it a bit easier to send aid.
Well, you need to look at Israel's overall plans and actions. If Israel can prevent the Palestinians from having what they need to live (Mostly water but including homes, schools and other structures.) then they will have to move to where they can live which is into the bantustans.

Here's the real title:

Well, you need to look at Israel's overall plans and actions. If Israel can prevent the Palestinians from having what they need to live (Mostly water but including homes, schools and other structures.) then they will have to move to where they can live which is into the bantustans.
Blah, blah, blah. Same old, same old. Let's get past the rhetoric. Israeli's and Palestinians are both human beings. At heart they both want to live together in peace.

Here's the real title:

Blah, blah, blah. Same old, same old. Let's get past the rhetoric. Israeli's and Palestinians are both human beings. At heart they both want to live together in peace.
There is some truth to that. However, Israeli government policies are preventing that.

There is some truth to that. However, Israeli government policies are preventing that.

I hadn't realized the Hamas charter was Israeli government policy.

And there is some truth to that as well. However Fatah and Hamas policies are also to blame as well. But please do not take us down your rabbit hole. Again. We've all read your assertions that Hamas and Fatah are only doing what Israel and the USA tells them to do. I do not hold too much truck with that.

Belgium demands compensation from Israel for demolition of donated school equipment in occupied West Bank
School facilities donated by international bodies in four Palestinian communities destroyed just before beginning of new school year

In a statement on Thursday, Belgium’s deputy prime minister Didier Reynders and minister of development cooperation Alexander De Croo jointly condemned the demolition of the partly-Belgian funded structures.

“These new demolitions and seizures of essential infrastructure are unacceptable: Belgium’s projects aim to meet humanitarian needs and are carried out in strict respect of international humanitarian law,” they wrote.

Last month, the Netherlands also lodged a complaint with the Israeli government after dozens of Dutch solar panels donated to the same village were confiscated.

Belgium demands Israel provides compensation for demolishing school equipment donated to Palestinians

Hamas backers spend fortunes on rockets and tunnels while Gazans live in misery

Although the millions of Palestinians packed into the small strip suffer from chronic unemployment, and lack of electricity and running water, Hamas and its backers such as Qatar have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on tunnels and rockets with one goal in mind: killing Israelis.

“When you look at what Hamas did with all the cement and the materials that went into Gaza for ‘building’, and you now see that most went on the tunnels, you understand that from their point of view the civilian side is not important,” retired Maj. Gen. Yaakov Amidror, former national security advisor to the prime minister of Israel and director of the Intelligence Analysis Division in Israel’s Military Intelligence, told FoxNews.com.

Why doesn't Hamas spend a few welfare dollars on schools?

Although the millions of Palestinians packed into the small strip suffer from chronic unemployment, and lack of electricity and running water, Hamas and its backers such as Qatar have spent hundreds of millions of dollars on tunnels and rockets with one goal in mind: killing Israelis.

“When you look at what Hamas did with all the cement and the materials that went into Gaza for ‘building’, and you now see that most went on the tunnels, you understand that from their point of view the civilian side is not important,” retired Maj. Gen. Yaakov Amidror, former national security advisor to the prime minister of Israel and director of the Intelligence Analysis Division in Israel’s Military Intelligence, told FoxNews.com.

So? There are people in the US and Israel going without while billions are spent on the military.

Do you have a point?

So? There are people in the US and Israel going without while billions are spent on the military.

Do you have a point?

I just knew you would slip into your islamo-tap dancing shoes.

Why won't the Hamas and Fatah welfare fraud crooks spend a few dollars on schools as opposed to military hardware and maintaining their own personal fortunes?

Gaza and Palestinian Leadership: The More It Changes, the More it Gets Worse

Gaza and Palestinian Leadership: The More It Changes, the More it Gets Worse | HuffPost

Worse while Gaza’s refugee masses plunge further into poverty, Hamas leaders grow personally wealthy. As Israeli analyst Doron Peskin recently put it in a carefully reported story, “with multi-million land deals, luxury villas and black market fuel from Egypt, Gaza’s (Hamas) rulers made billions while the rest of the population struggles with a 39 percent poverty level and 40 percent unemployment.”

Much of the loot has found its way to accounts in Doha, the capital of the oil-rich Gulf state of Qatar and now, since it was booted out of Damascus, the extremely comfortable, lush villa laden headquarters of Gaza’s senior Hamas leadership.

Hamas political leader Khaled Mashal, for example, is said to already maintain a network of mega-million dollar Qatari companies and bank accounts registered to his wife, daughter and son. A current “prestigious project in Doha”, Peskin reports, “includes the construction of four towers of more than 27,000 square meters... attached to a 10,000 square meter mall.”

Forum List

Back