Israel destroys el-Wafa hospital as staff evacuates all patients

Demands to evacuate were unlawful as human rights groups confirm.

Military demand to evacuate rehabilitative hospital in Gaza unlawful | B'Tselem Military demand to evacuate rehabilitative hospital in Gaza unlawful

Published:**16 Jul 2014

B’Tselem has discovered that the Israeli military included the al-Wafaa rehabilitative hospital in a-Shuja’iyeh neighborhood in the demand it issued to residents of the a-Shuja’iyeh and a-Zeitun neighborhoods to evacuate their homes by today, July 16, 2014 at 8:00 AM. Hospital Director Basman al-‘Ashi told B’Tselem over the phone that the hospital received a recorded message last night at around 11:10 PM, saying that a-Shuja’iyeh residents must leave the area and move north to the city center. Shortly thereafter, at around 11:30 PM, the hospital received another phone call from a person saying he was from the military who repeated the demand to evacuate the hospital specifically.

According to al-‘Ashi, the hospital currently has 17 patients, between the ages of 14 and 95, all suffering from different degrees of paralysis. There are also some thirty staff members in the hospital at this time and a number of international activists. Al-‘Ashi clarified that there is no intention to evacuate the hospital, noting that this was one of the only hospitals in Gaza to offer rehabilitative treatment for patients in these conditions. The military’s demand to evacuate the hospital is unlawful. A hospital is not a military target and the military may not target it even after it is evacuated. The information B’Tselem has indicates that the hospital was ordered to evacuate as part of the sweeping demand to evacuate the entire neighborhood, in blatant disregard for the fact that evacuating a rehabilitation institution is a complicated task which may put lives at risk. There is no other rehabilitative institute in the area where patients can be transferred...."

Despite you being ignoring my last replays let me tell you what I think about B'Tselem.
US President Barack Obama said in a May 2011 speech "for the Palestinians, efforts to delegitimize Israel will end in failure. Symbolic actions to isolate Israel at the United Nations in September won't create an independent state."[23] In 2012, the president said, "whenever an effort is made to delegitimize the State of Israel, my administration has opposed them."[24] Irwin Cotler, former Canadian Attorney General, said that delegitimization is "masked under the current discourse". It is hidden in the anti-Israel resolutions passed by the UN, universal jurisdiction is "often abused" regarding Israel, it is "laundered under the cover of human rights", and is hidden behind the use of accusations of racism and apartheid.[16]
According to Gerald Steinberg writing for the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, attacks on Israel's legitimacy are a barrier to the peace process in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict.[19] Amos Yadlin, former head of Israeli intelligence said that "delegitimization of Israel is a graver threat than war."[20] Thomas Friedman, writing in the New York Times, says "for 100 years, through violence and delegitimization, Israelis and Palestinians have made sure that the other was never allowed to really feel at home in Israel."[21] Delegitimization of the adversary, among all the psychological themes, is said to be "one of the major detrimental forces that turns a conflict to be vicious and violent, while preventing its peaceful resolution."[22]

Read More

And if you really want to understand more about it, compare the situation that John Kerry created before and after.

Investigations disclosing Israel's war crimes is not propaganda.

Israel destroys e al-Wafa hospital as staff evacuates all patients

Watch "Fear Grips Israel Hit Gaza Hospital" on YouTube
Fear Grips Israel Hit Gaza Hospital: Fear Grips Israel Hit Gaza Hospital - YouTube

Video is from earlier in the offensive, threats and attacks have been ongoing throughout this military offensive in Gaza

"The Israeli military has destroyed el-Wafa rehabilitation*hospital in the Gaza Strip, after first targeting the facility with five missiles on July 11, 2014. The Israeli military*began striking the building around 8:eek:o pm this evening and within two hours all hospital staff and patients had evacuated the only rehabilitation center in the Gaza Strip. As they departed what remained intact from the medical center burned to the ground.

“It’s already destroyed,” said Basman Alashi, director of el-Wafa, continuing, “I don’t know how much is left of it, but we have evacuated all of our patients. We lost power, there was a fire in the building.”

Alashi spoke to me via telephone from his house in Gaza, unable to cross the Israeli shelling to reach*the hospital. “I left the hospital at seven and within two hours they had bombed the hospital.” Shells hit every floor of the building, and a fire spread throughout..."

Doctors evacuate patients after Israel bombs hospital | The Electronic Intifada

Here we see a deliberate egregious violation of The Fourth Geneva Convention, a war crime, the complete destruction of an internationally protected hospital by Israel.

the world has grown cold

to Hamas propaganda

they brought this on themselves

investigate hamas

randomly shooting rockets into Israel

May you reap all you have sown, Zionist, and may it be soon. Your people target children to kill and hospitals to destroy, scum of the earth you are. Soulless, heartless and Godless things who don't have anything that looks human left in you.

You really confuse me.

You claim to be pro Israeli, but you Avatar is an. Israel flag painted in blood and your location says Occupied Palestine.
Too much Jews blood split until we could draw this flag, I don't see a reason to forget it.
And Occupied Palestine in other words means 'Fuck you if you think I'm going to leave'

Again Sherri, who is the one currently reaping what they have sown??

Ya, that's what I thought.

LONG LIVE ISRAEL

May Israel deal Hamas a swift blow so they cannot launch missiles at Israel anymore.

Fear Grips Israel Hit Gaza Hospital: Fear Grips Israel Hit Gaza Hospital - YouTube

Video is from earlier in the offensive, threats and attacks have been ongoing throughout this military offensive in Gaza

"The Israeli military has destroyed el-Wafa rehabilitation*hospital in the Gaza Strip, after first targeting the facility with five missiles on July 11, 2014. The Israeli military*began striking the building around 8:eek:o pm this evening and within two hours all hospital staff and patients had evacuated the only rehabilitation center in the Gaza Strip. As they departed what remained intact from the medical center burned to the ground.

“It’s already destroyed,” said Basman Alashi, director of el-Wafa, continuing, “I don’t know how much is left of it, but we have evacuated all of our patients. We lost power, there was a fire in the building.”

Alashi spoke to me via telephone from his house in Gaza, unable to cross the Israeli shelling to reach*the hospital. “I left the hospital at seven and within two hours they had bombed the hospital.” Shells hit every floor of the building, and a fire spread throughout..."

Here we see a deliberate egregious violation of The Fourth Geneva Convention, a war crime, the complete destruction of an internationally protected hospital by Israel.
The IRC was notified by the IDF to warn the hospital to evacuate. The reason was to level the 4 story building so Hamas militants couldn't use it to direct fire onto IDF positions. Just another example of cowardly Hamas "warriors" figtting from civilian locations. Get your bullshit stories straight, Fatima.

Putting 'spotters' on the roof MAKES IT A LEGIT TARGET. There was no violation of GC protocols

Why do I care less what a baby killing soulless Zionist thinks about human rights groups?

It is not just Btselem, they all say hospitals are protected and attacking and destroying hospitals are unlawful under international law. Forcing people to evacuate is also unlawful.

Demands to evacuate were unlawful as human rights groups confirm.

Military demand to evacuate rehabilitative hospital in Gaza unlawful | B'Tselem Military demand to evacuate rehabilitative hospital in Gaza unlawful

Published:**16 Jul 2014

B’Tselem has discovered that the Israeli military included the al-Wafaa rehabilitative hospital in a-Shuja’iyeh neighborhood in the demand it issued to residents of the a-Shuja’iyeh and a-Zeitun neighborhoods to evacuate their homes by today, July 16, 2014 at 8:00 AM. Hospital Director Basman al-‘Ashi told B’Tselem over the phone that the hospital received a recorded message last night at around 11:10 PM, saying that a-Shuja’iyeh residents must leave the area and move north to the city center. Shortly thereafter, at around 11:30 PM, the hospital received another phone call from a person saying he was from the military who repeated the demand to evacuate the hospital specifically.

According to al-‘Ashi, the hospital currently has 17 patients, between the ages of 14 and 95, all suffering from different degrees of paralysis. There are also some thirty staff members in the hospital at this time and a number of international activists. Al-‘Ashi clarified that there is no intention to evacuate the hospital, noting that this was one of the only hospitals in Gaza to offer rehabilitative treatment for patients in these conditions. The military’s demand to evacuate the hospital is unlawful. A hospital is not a military target and the military may not target it even after it is evacuated. The information B’Tselem has indicates that the hospital was ordered to evacuate as part of the sweeping demand to evacuate the entire neighborhood, in blatant disregard for the fact that evacuating a rehabilitation institution is a complicated task which may put lives at risk. There is no other rehabilitative institute in the area where patients can be transferred...."

Despite you being ignoring my last replays let me tell you what I think about B'Tselem.
US President Barack Obama said in a May 2011 speech "for the Palestinians, efforts to delegitimize Israel will end in failure. Symbolic actions to isolate Israel at the United Nations in September won't create an independent state."[23] In 2012, the president said, "whenever an effort is made to delegitimize the State of Israel, my administration has opposed them."[24] Irwin Cotler, former Canadian Attorney General, said that delegitimization is "masked under the current discourse". It is hidden in the anti-Israel resolutions passed by the UN, universal jurisdiction is "often abused" regarding Israel, it is "laundered under the cover of human rights", and is hidden behind the use of accusations of racism and apartheid.[16]
According to Gerald Steinberg writing for the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, attacks on Israel's legitimacy are a barrier to the peace process in the Israeli–Palestinian conflict.[19] Amos Yadlin, former head of Israeli intelligence said that "delegitimization of Israel is a graver threat than war."[20] Thomas Friedman, writing in the New York Times, says "for 100 years, through violence and delegitimization, Israelis and Palestinians have made sure that the other was never allowed to really feel at home in Israel."[21] Delegitimization of the adversary, among all the psychological themes, is said to be "one of the major detrimental forces that turns a conflict to be vicious and violent, while preventing its peaceful resolution."[22]

Read More

And if you really want to understand more about it, compare the situation that John Kerry created before and after.

Evacuate a hosp so it could be shot down, have you ever worked in one, all those beds out in the middle of the streets, you have to be out of your mind.

It's you who are not thinking. They actually evacuated the patients, not the entire facility - the difference being the OR's and all the big bulky equipment. It takes however long it takes: not every patient is bedridden or on O2.

It's certainly very unpleasant and possibly risky for some of the patients, and even the staff - people working under pressure tend to have 'industrial accidents'.

I don't know what percentage of procedures overall tend to be 'voluntary' - but certainly any responsible hospital admins when facing a possible crisis (even 'summer vacations') would limit procedures to limit patient risk.

BUT the bottom line is that they ALL had a reasonable expectation of the area becoming a firing zone because of the continual INDISCRIMINATE TARGETING BY HAMAS of up to HALF of Israeli citizens.

You, Penelope, are out of your mind if you think urban warfare is some kind of sporting match.

And since you asked, I've had my info on this topic direct from someone who was part of the US military working as an overall 'hospital administrator' - someone who's well familiar with exactly this sort of scenario. Even MILITARY hospitals are protected by the GC - but only as long as NOBODY has anything larger than a 'personal weapon' (Articles 24/25 of the GC)

"Just" people acting as spotters, on ANY hospital roof is OFFENSIVE - even if they're only spotting for snipers and not calling in artillery fire. And since the IDF informed the IRC ahead of time, it seems very likely that the IDF felt there was sufficient evidence to proceed (remembering the US's lesson of Monte Cassino ).

This was a civilian hospital entitled to protection under international law and Israel unlawfully targeted it and bombed and shelled it extensively until the shelling destroyed the hospital.

It is a war crime only a soulless Zionist like you would defend.

All international legal authorities are calling it unlawful, you obviously have no knowledge of or respect for the law .

Why do I care less what a baby killing soulless Zionist thinks about human rights groups?

It is not just Btselem, they all say hospitals are protected and attacking and destroying hospitals are unlawful under international law. Forcing people to evacuate is also unlawful.

And here we see the root of the sherrlifilth's problem: she read 'protected' and IGNORED THE EXCEPTIONS - exceptions which the IDF knows full well are going to have to be justified to the whole world. It is right to QUESTION such incidents - but the sherrithing has gone far beyond that.

It's difficult to believe that someone so reckless about 'the letter of the law' could ever have passed a bar exam. There must've been a 'ringer' involved......

The IRC was notified by the IDF to warn the hospital to evacuate. The reason was to level the 4 story building so Hamas militants couldn't use it to direct fire onto IDF positions. Just another example of cowardly Hamas "warriors" figtting from civilian locations. Get your bullshit stories straight, Fatima.

Evacuate a hosp so it could be shot down, have you ever worked in one, all those beds out in the middle of the streets, you have to be out of your mind.

How idiotic are the scum of the ummah----evacuate the hospital to save the patients---not
that the ummah pimps and sharmootahs care

They were given over a weeks notice and decided to ignore it. so any casualties are down to hamas.

They were given over a weeks notice and decided to ignore it. so any casualties are down to hamas.

Do not argue PHOEN---I have worked in hospitals since I was 19----(long ago) Hospitals in
my town were evacuated simply for bad weather----the pig and dog followers of the rapist
pig were delighted to murder their own patients-----and their sluts are wiggling their fat
asses and ululating in joy-----DA JEWS BOMBED A HOSPITAL----the sharmootahs of
the ummah have been known to hide bombs disguised as pregnant bellies----it is
their "culture" and "religion"

May you reap all you have sown, Zionist, and may it be soon. Your people target children to kill and hospitals to destroy, scum of the earth you are. Soulless, heartless and Godless things who don't have anything that looks human left in you.
May you and all your other Godless friends reap what you sow you Vile Anti Semetic Nazi. Keep cheering those three Dead Israeli Teenagers. Still refuse to tell us whySherriMunnerlynhttp://www.usmessageboard.com/members/sherrimunnerlyn.html SherriMunnerlyn is offline
SherriMunnerlynhttp://www.usmessageboard.com/members/sherrimunnerlyn.html SherriMunnerlyn is offline
Supporting Member
Member #37610
http://www.usmessageboard.com/payments.php Join Date: Jun 2012
Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,260 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SherriMunnerlyn has disabled reputation

Does Jesus really dislike persecution of Christians?

He told Christians to expect persecution.

Last edited:

May you and all your other Godless friends reap what you sow you Vile Anti Semetic Nazi. Keep cheering those three Dead Israeli Teenagers. Still refuse to tell us why Hamas rejected the cease fire. They are the ones who have blood on their hands. :lol:

now now kids-----lets make up and sing -----how about a rousing rendition of
la la la ----HAVA NAGILA (come let us rejoice)

May you and all your other Godless friends reap what you sow you Vile Anti Semetic Nazi. Keep cheering those three Dead Israeli Teenagers. Still refuse to tell us why Hamas rejected the cease fire. They are the ones who have blood on their hands. :lol:

I have a better idea----how about Hine ma-tov uma-nayim ----
behold !! how good and pleasant--bretheren who dwell together

Actually, Freddie, the Palestinians were using it for a hospital while the human cockroaches were using it for an artillery OP. Sorry 'bout that.

But you can't link to anything that comes even close to proving it.
Anything to prove it? so far IDF exposed 40 tunnels with weapons, they don't hide cookies in there.

I don't see the hospital, or even the remains of it, in those pictures.
Could you point it out, please?

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG! This is part of Israel's replacement of poor Jordanian architecture.
This hospital is probably very 1950s and will become a state of the art facility in it's next incarnation.
Assuming, of course, that Jewish architect do it this time instead of home made bomb makers.

Blame Hamas! If they specifically hide rockets and munitions in hospitals, mosques, schools and apartment buildings. They specific fire rockets from these places. They want them to be targets to increase collateral damage!

Last edited by a moderator:
oh gee---I wish I could hear the texas hava nagila----- New PC---and I have to get speakers---
damn thing does not talk

Forum List

Back