ISO new laptop..

April

AngelsNDemons
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2012
Heaven and Hell
So my old laptop took a crap on me months ago and the only access I have had to the interanetz is my cell phone.. its becoming a real pain in the ass as of late, especially now that I need to do more online business and I'm about to get the internet set up at my new place.

Can anyone here recommend a good brand, preferably under 300 bucks, for my simple online needs? I don't need anything fancy, just something for entertainment and other everyday online activities and living..

So my old laptop took a crap on me months ago and the only access I have had to the interanetz is my cell phone.. its becoming a real pain in the ass as of late, especially now that I need to do more online business and I'm about to get the internet set up at my new place.

Can anyone here recommend a good brand, preferably under 300 bucks, for my simple online needs? I don't need anything fancy, just something for entertainment and other everyday online activities and living..
Buy a used laptop on EBay or somewhere like that. I bought a 10 year old Sony VAIO on EBay last year for $50. It was a $600 plus machine back in 2010. I have a 10 year old Lenovo also. Just make sure it is loaded with Windows 10 or can be.

Sony VAIO VPCEB23FM/BI: $679.99 Intel Core i3 Mid-Range Notebook​

RAJESHAUGUST 11, 2010

Yes, there are plenty of businesses on Ebay that have refurbished laptops. Just be sure they GUARANTEE their work and sales.

There are plenty of electronics places that sell refurbished merchandise as well. Best Buy and other such places sell refurbished pc's.

Even the computer companies themselves.........HP, Dell, Asus, Sony.........all sell their own refurbished computers. And you can usually pay them out.

You can probably find a Chromebook for around that price at Walmart or Best Buy. I bought one a couple of years ago. I don't remember the exact price, but it was in the ballpark of $300. It's great for simply surfing the internet.

Thanks guys. I have been looking at refurbished brands and models at both Walmart and best buy.. and I just might go ahead and let myself max out at 500 if I come across something I really like.. I just don't want to spend that much on something if it's not going to last me.

Okay, while you gave an extremely basic "need" for a new laptop there's probably at least one more ya need to clarify. That is what size screen if it's even a priority.

One of the best in your price range is the HP Stream 14". It doesn't have a lot of on board storage but it does have a lot of USB ports and a microSD card slot. The screen quality is not the greatest but it's at least passable.

The ASUS L510 Ultra thin is 15" and Is probably a little better than the HP, bigger screen, slightly better screen and more on board storage.

There are more, obviously.......

10 Best Laptops Under $300 [TESTED 2021] - Clear One Winner!

Okay, while you gave an extremely basic "need" for a new laptop there's probably at least one more ya need to clarify. That is what size screen if it's even a priority.

One of the best in your price range is the HP Stream 14". It doesn't have a lot of on board storage but it does have a lot of USB ports and a microSD card slot. The screen quality is not the greatest but it's at least passable.

The ASUS L510 Ultra thin is 15" and Is probably a little better than the HP, bigger screen, slightly better screen and more on board storage.

There are more, obviously.......

10 Best Laptops Under $300 [TESTED 2021] - Clear One Winner!

Well, tbh I haven't really thought about size of screen.. but I really don't want to skimp on quality either way. I'm willing to pay extra if it's a reliable brand and will last me. My last one was an hp.. I'll have to check the model when I get home from work.. it lasted me forever. I want something similar.. I don't need all the bells and whistles tho..

I'm not crazy about refurbished or used laptops...many times you will need upgrades on them that have costs associated...
Look into this Dell brand new laptop....

Dell 15.6" Latitude 3520 Laptop​

Well, tbh I haven't really thought about size of screen.. but I really don't want to skimp on quality either way. I'm willing to pay extra if it's a reliable brand and will last me. My last one was an hp.. I'll have to check the model when I get home from work.. it lasted me forever. I want something similar.. I don't need all the bells and whistles tho..
Here's some for under $500, the one I like the best is the Dell Inspiron 3000 but that's just my preference.

These Feature-Rich Laptops Cost Less Than $500

Well.. I finally did it. I have a new laptop. lol. Cheap , and shall serve its purpose. It's a HP Intel Pentium. 278 bucks at Walmart. I like HP because that was my last one... it lasted forever. It's windows 10, though... should I be concerned about that? Can I just purchase windows 11 if you guys thinks it's necessary?
I am in the process of getting the internet.. right now I'm using my hotspot from my phone...

Forum List

Back