New Laptop

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
About four months ago my 5 year old Macbook pro started giving me trouble with first the sound and then the screen.
I figured I'd send that one in to be repaired and get a new one.
After the new one arrived the old one just started working again out of the blue.
Didnt do anything to it.
Well today it refused to charge.
The Wife has the one before my last one but it's starting to act up so I guess we'll send in both of those to be repaired.
I will say I was happy I had a brand new one waiting and didnt even have to do anything but transfer the data.
Man has it ever gotten easy to do!!
Had everything changed over in 15 minutes!!
Used to hate getting a new laptop because of the hassle of transferring data now it's a piece of cake.

Yeah but I didnt do a thing to it.
Same cord same everything. It just decided to start working again for the third time.
Something I would check... the little charge light on the laptop... plug in the charger and wiggle the chord at all connections. Where it plugs into laptop, the connections between the chord and the step down transformer etc. - to see if the light flickers.
If it does not, it's not the chord. It's the battery. And if it is the battery - it is a matter of time.

Something I would check... the little charge light on the laptop... plug in the charger and wiggle the chord at all connections. Where it plugs into laptop, the connections between the chord and the step down transformer etc. - to see if the light flickers.
If it does not, it's not the chord. It's the battery. And if it is the battery - it is a matter of time.

Like I said it's working perfectly now.
I'll still have it checked out so the Wife can use it.

About four months ago my 5 year old Macbook pro started giving me trouble with first the sound and then the screen.
I figured I'd send that one in to be repaired and get a new one.
After the new one arrived the old one just started working again out of the blue.
Didnt do anything to it.
Well today it refused to charge.
The Wife has the one before my last one but it's starting to act up so I guess we'll send in both of those to be repaired.
I will say I was happy I had a brand new one waiting and didnt even have to do anything but transfer the data.
Man has it ever gotten easy to do!!
Had everything changed over in 15 minutes!!
Used to hate getting a new laptop because of the hassle of transferring data now it's a piece of cake.
The primary reason, devices don't charge is dust or dirt in the charging port. Pushing a charging plug into a port will eventually cause a build up. I have found the simplest and fastest way to fix the problem is to buy a can of compressed gas duster like Dust Off from a hardware store. A few quick sprays will usually do the job. I use the small tube that comes with each can in order increase the pressure of the gas. I first spray from left, right, top, and bottom with the tube a couple of inches from the charging port. If this doesn't work, I give it a quick blast directly into the port. Remember that gas coming out can be very cold so use only quick blasts. You don't want freeze up or get cold condensation on the electronics.

Forum List

Back