Isn't it time you yanks grew up regarding your gun death epidemic?

Gun related deaths per 100,000 population.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

With a population of 333546000 in the USA. That works out at 40,000 gun deaths per annum.

Coronavirus deaths in comparison work out at 98,000,- true that is more than twice as many, but gun deaths happen every year. Considering the lengths gone to, to stop Corona, isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line with what we consider to be a civilized society.

"isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line with what we consider to be a civilized society."

A civilised society? Is Britain a civilised society? A nation where your Politically Correct police IGNORE THOUSANDS of young Ethnic British girls being groomed and gang-raped for YEARS by savage Muslim Pakistani filth.

Your list you left OUT Switzerland, wonder why? Oh that's right the below is why:

View attachment 340774

^^^^ Compares Honduras with the exact same population number as Switzerland.

Guns don't kill peoples, peoples kill peoples. A gun is an inanimate object, there are many more law-abiding gun owners in America than there are criminals. Even if you totally ban guns there will still be gun deaths because criminals will ALWAYS be able to get guns, all you do if you totally ban guns is that means you leave ONLY the bad POS with a gun and deprive law-abiding peoples the ability to defend themselves.

There IS a reason why nearly ALL America's mass gun deaths occur in States that are FULL of Gun Free Zones.

View attachment 340768

View attachment 340770

View attachment 340769
The Swiss do not require gun ownership. Those doing mandatory military service store their guns at home, yes, and they are in the reserves for ten years, but they no longer get ammunition from the government. I suppose they buy their own. Very interesting country.

They do buy their own ammo, but they do NOT have gun death rates like for eg. Honduras of the same level of population and with the highest homicide rate on the planet.

So why is this? It can not be a gun and ammo owning issue then. That leaves the ONLY other option and that it is a Social and Cultural problem that causes America to have the high rate of gun deaths. This is about Education and good paying jobs, America's highest rates of gun deaths are all in areas that have low education, bad schools and either no jobs or just above poverty level paying jobs ie. McDonalds, cleaning the streets etc The situation there is that IF you have low education or no education you are going to end up getting a low paying job where you can not support yourself and/or your family.

With this situation they turn to crime and they join a Street Gang, this leads into dealing drugs such as Crack and Meth etc because dealing drugs brings them thousands of dollars a week EVERY week UNTIL a rival Street Gang gets involved for that territory and wants to move in and THIS is when they all begin shooting each other.

Switzerland does not have MASSIVE amounts of Black Gangstas and Ghetto Culture like America does, they do not have MASSIVE amounts of Street Gangs dealing Crack and Meth like America does and they have better education than America does and so this is why they can have a huge amount of guns and ammo but not be going around everyday shooting each other.

If you read up you would also find that from the 1910s-1965 in America you did not have this high rate of gun deaths, with the exception of Mafia type Gangwars, you did not have the Ghetto Culture and the Black Gangsta Drug Gangs THAT ALL began to formulate from the mid-1960s and it exploded in the late 1970s and then got TOTALLY out of control in the 1980s and then went beyond the point of return and this is why the gun deaths in America are WORSE than ANYWHERE else.

It's not about guns, it's about Social and Cultural and bad Education and crap jobs. If you fixed these things you would not have the gun death situation you have, but the thing is you are NOT allowed to fix them because EVERY TIME someone suggests what the problem is they are called racist by the MSM and the human slugs on Social Media etc

Last edited:
That leaves the ONLY other option and that it is a Social and Cultural problem that causes America to have the high rate of gun deaths. This is about Education and good paying jobs, America's highest rates of gun deaths are all in areas that have low education, bad schools and either no jobs or just above poverty level paying jobs ie. McDonalds, cleaning the streets etc The situation there is that IF you have low education or no education you are going to end up getting a low paying job where you can not support yourself and/or your family.
Agree! It's a real social and cultural problem. But Lucy, if they did not have guns to kill each other with, they would have to go back to using knives and their bare hands, which is what they did before guns overtook the ghettos. I see it as a risk reduction policy. Gangs gonna gang until there's no need for gangs anymore. But you can't do a drive-by knifing. It's actually work to get close enough to a person to stab them or strangle them. You might even get hurt yourself. Guns make murder WAY TOO EASY. You can pop someone off from 50 yards away and never get a drop of their blood on your shoes. You don't have to be strong, even. You can sit your ass in the backseat of a car and shoot 3, 4 people in a matter of seconds, sometimes hitting the wrong person, but hey--who cares, right?

THAT is one of my big objections to guns. They make murder WAY TOO EASY for "gangstas" and drunk boyfriends and Georgia rednecks chasing down a nigga for visiting a construction site in their neighborhood. I think we have too many guns and I think there would be a lot less deaths if so many people did not have easy access to them.

That leaves the ONLY other option and that it is a Social and Cultural problem that causes America to have the high rate of gun deaths. This is about Education and good paying jobs, America's highest rates of gun deaths are all in areas that have low education, bad schools and either no jobs or just above poverty level paying jobs ie. McDonalds, cleaning the streets etc The situation there is that IF you have low education or no education you are going to end up getting a low paying job where you can not support yourself and/or your family.
Agree! It's a real social and cultural problem. But Lucy, if they did not have guns to kill each other with, they would have to go back to using knives and their bare hands, which is what they did before guns overtook the ghettos. I see it as a risk reduction policy. Gangs gonna gang until there's no need for gangs anymore. But you can't do a drive-by knifing. It's actually work to get close enough to a person to stab them or strangle them. You might even get hurt yourself. Guns make murder WAY TOO EASY. You can pop someone off from 50 yards away and never get a drop of their blood on your shoes. You don't have to be strong, even. You can sit your ass in the backseat of a car and shoot 3, 4 people in a matter of seconds, sometimes hitting the wrong person, but hey--who cares, right?

THAT is one of my big objections to guns. They make murder WAY TOO EASY for "gangstas" and drunk boyfriends and Georgia rednecks chasing down a nigga for visiting a construction site in their neighborhood. I think we have too many guns and I think there would be a lot less deaths if so many people did not have easy access to them.

It's also about self-control OL, why do so many NOT have self-control? I have guns but I don't go around shooting peoples, I can sometimes be very pissed off about something but I don't go on a shooting rampage.

Exactly if there were no LEGAL guns they would find other methods, knives, machetes, chainsaws etc you are never going to lower the murder rate by banning guns and as I commented in one of my other posts even IF you banned guns criminals would still be able to get guns, you would have a MASSIVE Black Market in guns, you would still have all these violent peoples with no self-control and actually IF you DID ban LEGAL guns the death rate from gun shots very probably might go higher and this would be because the law-abiding peoples being threatened would have NO way of effectively defending themselves anymore.

To my mind it is irrelevant whether it is deaths by suicide, accident or homicide. All will be dramatically reduced. if guns are not available.

The Bill of Rights was written at a time before the US had an organized police force and when wild animals posed a far greater threat.

The Connecticut primary school massacre in which 20 kids were not just shot, but blown apart by a high velocity semi automatic rifle owned by the 20yr old shooters mother, a teacher at the school beggars belief. No doubt she was persuaded that her best defense against crime was to hold a mass of lethal weapons. Fat lot of good it did her, her son and 20 young pupils.

"isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line with what we consider to be a civilized society."

Should such an attempt ever be made, it would then be discovered just how many guns there really are in America. :auiqs.jpg:

Or as they say...
We own over 300 million guns and have billions of rounds of ammunition.
Believe me,if we were violent you'd already know about it.

It's also about self-control OL, why do so many NOT have self-control? I have guns but I don't go around shooting peoples, I can sometimes be very pissed off about something but I don't go on a shooting rampage.

Exactly if there were no LEGAL guns they would find other methods, knives, machetes, chainsaws etc you are never going to lower the murder rate by banning guns and as I commented in one of my other posts even IF you banned guns criminals would still be able to get guns, you would have a MASSIVE Black Market in guns, you would still have all these violent peoples with no self-control and actually IF you DID ban LEGAL guns the death rate from gun shots very probably might go higher and this would be because the law-abiding peoples being threatened would have NO way of effectively defending themselves anymore.
I have heard these predictions, but I do not believe they would happen.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

With a population of 333546000 in the USA. That works out at 40,000 gun deaths per annum.

Coronavirus deaths in comparison work out at 98,000,- true that is more than twice as many, but gun deaths happen every year. Considering the lengths gone to, to stop Corona, isn't it time a total ban on guns was taken to bring the USA in line with what we consider to be a civilized society.

And how many of those gun deaths are suicide vs violent crime deaths and then take into how many people die yearly from reckless drivers vs someone going to kill me in a violent crime my chances of dying is higher on the open road...
Stats for homicides alone:
Results: US homicide rates were 7.0 times higher than in other high-income countries, driven by a gun homicide rate that was 25.2 times higher.

See the link for details.

Still, my chances of dying on the open road is much higher than being killed in a violent crime resulting from a firearm.

Many firearm deaths have suicides in them which if you remove them and focus on the violent crime deaths then the reality of dying from a firearm death during a violent crime is much lower than dying on the open roads and you know this.

Also many of your violent crime deaths are in gang infested neighborhoods and if you look at that you will realize your are even less likely to die from a violent crime death with a firearm in Maine...
The stats I put up do not include suicides or accidents.

Misguided yoot are people too.

This argument is not about car accidents. Start another thread if you want to talk about them. This is about the needless 30,000+ gun homicides each year BEYOND car accidents and cancer and Covid and whatever else.

Most of America's gun homicides are done by Black Gangsta's, usually drug deals gone wrong and general Black Gang violence, sometimes random peoples are caught in the crossfire of this Black Gang violence.

There is a thread in Current Events about the amount of gun deaths across the weekend in Chicago, all Black areas it occur in.

Yep...if we disarmed the ghettos gun violence and deaths
Would drop 75%.

Here in Houston we have less than one murder a day.
While Chicago has just shy of double that.

Sunni Man
There isn't a gun death epidemic you limey loon. .. :cuckoo:

Last edited: Today at 7:04 PM
Lets stop with the Auschwitz lies << ???

Totally unrelated but Holocaust denial is a criminal offence in many European countries, as it should be in the UK & the USA.
How anyone can deny it in the face of the insurmountable evidence is beyond me!

To my mind it is irrelevant whether it is deaths by suicide, accident or homicide. All will be dramatically reduced. if guns are not available.

The Bill of Rights was written at a time before the US had an organized police force and when wild animals posed a far greater threat.

The Connecticut primary school massacre in which 20 kids were not just shot, but blown apart by a high velocity semi automatic rifle owned by the 20yr old shooters mother, a teacher at the school beggars belief. No doubt she was persuaded that her best defense against crime was to hold a mass of lethal weapons. Fat lot of good it did her, her son and 20 young pupils.

So you're telling me you're capable of pulling a trigger but not capable of stepping off a 5 story parking garage?
A perfect solution for liberals and gun suicides.....you should always chew gum.

"To my mind it is irrelevant whether it is deaths by suicide, accident or homicide. All will be dramatically reduced. if guns are not available."

Suicides would NOT be dramatically reduced, suicide is a very personal obsession, they have made their decision these lost souls and if they want to leave this planet that badly they will do it, if a gun is not available they will hang themselves, hanging is the number one method of suicide when a gun is not available. Why? Because it costs zero and it's easy to do, they can use their belt, a rope, their shoe laces or ANY type of ligature.

Your argument is absurd thinking that banning guns is going to reduce the suicide rate.

Let me guess I suppose you are Pro-Abortion? Those who are Pro-Abortion have no right to babble on about guns and gun deaths considering EVERY YEAR the killing In Utero of the most innocent as they slumber in the womb outnumbers gun deaths to the point of being TOTALLY OFF the chart. So it is hypocrisy Leftists babbling on about their concern for the dead from guns when their fanatical support of ripping the most innocent from the womb illustrates Leftists do NOT give a SHIT about saving lives. Like with EVERYTHING else the banning guns thing with Leftists is about The Agenda, the fanatical Agenda to disarm law-abiding gun owners so they have NO way of defending themselves....a pity unborn babies cannot be armed or they could just shoot the DEMONS who are there to rip them out of the womb so that the DEMONS in Planned Parenthood can dismember them and sell the body parts to the highest bidder.

In America EVERY DAY 2.700 of the most innocent are murdered as they slumber in the womb, so get back to EVERYONE with the Anti-Gun thing WHEN 2.700 peoples are shot to death EVERY DAY and THEN HYPOCRISY can be left at the door.

1590435915079.png

1590435727410.png

1590435822969.png

Also the leading cause of death in the Black Community in America is NOT guns either it's Abortion:

1590435983972.png

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

Oh...and maybe you should take a look at the rules.
I know you libs think you're above them but around here I can assure you they'll call you out.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

I know you libs think you're above them but around here I can assure you they'll call you out.
You going to report him for providing a factual OP without a link? Censor his thread because you don't like it? How Democratic of you.
lol

There is at least as good an argument to better control motor vehicles so that fools can do many fewer foolish things. There is vast unnecessary suffering and death due to ridiculously liberal motor vehicle allowances.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

You're gonna scare the boys with that, Oz. None of the countries you mentioned has a complete ban on guns.

And what you and Oz are not acknowledging is your numbers are padded with suicide deaths...
The study I linked only counts HOMICIDES.

And most homicides are committed in Democrat controlled cities with extensive gun control laws, and are gang related.

Get rid of the gang bangers and look and behold our homicide rate plummets.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

Too late on a total gun ban. That horse left the barn years ago. STILL, 100% mental, criminal background checks and possible reinstatement of the assault-style weapon ban is a possibility - Junior $hrub pretty much blew it on that one.

Nobody is gonna grab the AR-15s and such, but buyback programs have been fairly successful in some cities here, and in other countries like Australia. Clip/ Mag capacity limits are also a possibility that should be examined.

But mostly universal BG checks which 90% of Americans and 60% of NRA members support should be a no-brainer.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

You going to report him for providing a factual OP without a link? Censor his thread because you don't like it? How Democratic of you.
lol

:aug08_031:
Who said anything about a link?

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

Uh oh.....not this again :smoke:
Yep, here we go aGUN (sic)!

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

Hey guess what? Mind your own fucking business.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

Too late on a total gun ban. That horse left the barn years ago. STILL, 100% mental, criminal background checks and possible reinstatement of the assault-style weapon ban is a possibility - Junior $hrub pretty much blew it on that one.

Nobody is gonna grab the AR-15s and such, but buyback programs have been fairly successful in some cities here, and in other countries like Australia. Clip/ Mag capacity limits are also a possibility that should be examined.

But mostly universal BG checks which 90% of Americans and 60% of NRA members support should be a no-brainer.

Banning sporting rifles will do nothing to stop gun violence.
If you truly wanted to stop gun violence you'd be going after handguns.

USA 12.21
UK 0.23

France 2.83
Canada 2.00
Sweden 1.6
Italy 1.31
Germany 1.17
Australia 0.9
Japan 0.6
Spain 0.31

And how many of those gun deaths are suicide vs violent crime deaths and then take into how many people die yearly from reckless drivers vs someone going to kill me in a violent crime my chances of dying is higher on the open road...
Stats for homicides alone:
Results: US homicide rates were 7.0 times higher than in other high-income countries, driven by a gun homicide rate that was 25.2 times higher.

See the link for details.

Still, my chances of dying on the open road is much higher than being killed in a violent crime resulting from a firearm.

Many firearm deaths have suicides in them which if you remove them and focus on the violent crime deaths then the reality of dying from a firearm death during a violent crime is much lower than dying on the open roads and you know this.

Also many of your violent crime deaths are in gang infested neighborhoods and if you look at that you will realize your are even less likely to die from a violent crime death with a firearm in Maine...
The stats I put up do not include suicides or accidents.

Misguided yoot are people too.

This argument is not about car accidents. Start another thread if you want to talk about them. This is about the needless 30,000+ gun homicides each year BEYOND car accidents and cancer and Covid and whatever else.
Correct.

Nonsense about ‘car accidents’ is likewise a false comparison fallacy, as well as a red herring fallacy.

Gun crime, deaths, and violence is a serious issue that needs to be addressed.

But bans, restrictions, and like limitations as found in Europe simply won’t work.

Forum List

Back