ISIS ‘Deir ez-Zor emir’ killed by Russian airstrike in Syria was linked to 2015 Paris attacks

Stratford57

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2014
Kievan Rus'
The self-proclaimed ‘emir of Deir ez-Zor’ was killed alongside 40 other fighters, including high-ranking militants during an airstrike on a terrorist command bunker in the vicinity of the city of Deir ez-Zor.

“According to confirmed information, there were four influential field commanders, including ‘emir of Deir ez-Zor’ Abu-Muhammad al-Shimali, responsible for financing and smuggling new recruits to ISIS training camps,”
the Russian Ministry of Defense said.

Apart from smuggling the recruits into Syria, al-Shimali was named by “several European intelligence agencies” as one of the organizers of the fatal November 2015 Paris attacks, the ministry added.

59b262c9fc7e93df4e8b4567.jpg

Al-Shimali (also known as Tirad Al-Jarba) was an Iraqi-born Saudi Arabia citizen who defected from Al-Qaeda to IS in 2015.

The same year, the US State Department offered a bounty of up to $5 million for information leading to al-Shimali’s capture, describing him as “a key leader in ISIS’ Immigration and Logistics Committee” overseeing “smuggling activities, financial transfers, and the movement of supplies into Syria and Iraq from Europe, North Africa, and the Arabian Peninsula.”

ISIS ‘Deir ez-Zor emir’ killed by Russian airstrike in Syria was linked to 2015 Paris attacks

And Deir ez-Zor has been finally liberated from ISIS. Deir ez-Zor was the last bulwark of terrorists. When Syrian Army came close to it, quite a few of terrorists came from Raqqa and Mosul to support their buddies and were killed.

A little bit more and Syria is going to be free from ISIS.
Deir ez-Zor: Why city’s liberation is so important to crush ISIS

Last edited:
Justice has been served. I don't think many care who sends them to hell, as long as they are delivered.

:tank:

Last edited:
I believe any loss of life is a loss, but since people die every day, I'm OK with him being the one this time..

Forum List

Back