CDZ Is US in Putin's trap?

Is Russia in US' oil trap, or US in Russia's gold trap? Here is a very interesting article.

Quote, "Grandmaster Putin’s Trap

Thu, Dec 25, 2014

Russia, United States
By Dmitry KALINICHENKO (Russia

Despite numerous success reports in the style of Fox News and CNN, today, Western economy, led by the United States is in Putin’s trap, the way out of which no one in the West can see or find. And the more the West is trying to escape from this trap, the more stuck it becomes.
http://orientalreview.org/2014/12/25/grandmaster-putins-trap/

The article does put up a couple of interesting points :
1) Separation of Rusia and China from the dollar
2) The need of Europe for Rusian's oil.
I am not completely sure about the second point since Saudi Arabia might be able to supply oil to Europe.

The drop in the oil price , though will finally harm the country with the highest production costs. This , I fear , is the US, as both Saudi Arabia and Rusia are getting their oil from traditional sources, while much of the production from the US comes from shale oil which has a higher cost of extraction.

But this seem secondary in the article, as the real gol ( according to the article ) is de-dolarization.

I disagree. I see it as an attempt at demoralization. As if we haven't had seen enough of that already.

Well , it's just an article. I don't find it demorilizing, rather interesting. It makes me ask myself if the US government has a counter-move to avoid this stockpiling of gold or not.
It also makes me wonder if this was Putin's actual strategy or just made up by the author of the article... asking these kind of questions is usefull to understand the events in the world.

Asking questions is always useful - but only if you ask the correct ones. For instance, why are they using the analogy of a grand master of chess when describing Putin? Isn't that a bit dishonest? Have they ever heard of the term overplaying one's hand?

We've seen the photos...... He wrestles with lions, and tigers and bears and now we are supposed to believe he is a brilliant chess player? What's next? He's a member of the MENSA Society? I do not know if you have ever met serious chess players but they have no interest in clothing, style, etc. See a guy with gabardine pants above his ankles and his shirt on inside out? That's a serious chess player. Furthermore...

They are not the same guys you find on a football field. No insult intended to football players but it's either one or the other - and Putin is a former KGB thug who beat his wife. Not exactly conjuring up images of Bobby Fischer in my mind.

Note > I believe one photo I saw had Putin "riding a bear" another holding a tiger or a lion and so I should be clear my stating wrestles with lions, and tigers, and bears is more a description of the image he wants the media to portray about him -tough guy - when he isn't dressing in expensive suits and posing for the cover of TIME.

Last edited:
The tea party are chess players that sacrificed their queen to the establishment Republicans. That is where they went wrong. They started off good but you cannot let people like Newt Ginchrich in and give him a microphone and a podium without expecting more of the same.
Interesting concept. You do know...if anything, the teapers aren't pro-Christian. They are made up of assholes who only oppose black.

No. Actually I don't know that, Nutz. I have seen people of all color at Tea Party gatherings. The news has interviewed them. They seem quite normal to me.
I have seen segregated tea party blacks. Not so much blacks outside of their black tea party group.

But in the end...teapers aren't Christians.

Only God knows their hearts. I cannot speak for who is and who isn't a Christian in the Tea Party group.
When hearts are filled with nothing but hate...it is not of God.

Is Russia in US' oil trap, or US in Russia's gold trap? Here is a very interesting article.

Thu, Dec 25, 2014

Russia, United States

Despite numerous success reports in the style of Fox News and CNN, today, Western economy, led by the United States is in Putin’s trap, the way out of which no one in the West can see or find. And the more the West is trying to escape from this trap, the more stuck it becomes.

I am not completely sure about the second point since Saudi Arabia might be able to supply oil to Europe.

The drop in the oil price , though will finally harm the country with the highest production costs. This , I fear , is the US, as both Saudi Arabia and Rusia are getting their oil from traditional sources, while much of the production from the US comes from shale oil which has a higher cost of extraction.

But this seem secondary in the article, as the real gol ( according to the article ) is de-dolarization.

I disagree. I see it as an attempt at demoralization. As if we haven't had seen enough of that already.

Well , it's just an article. I don't find it demorilizing, rather interesting. It makes me ask myself if the US government has a counter-move to avoid this stockpiling of gold or not.
It also makes me wonder if this was Putin's actual strategy or just made up by the author of the article... asking these kind of questions is usefull to understand the events in the world.

Asking questions is always useful - but only if you ask the correct ones. For instance, why are they using the analogy of a grand master of chess when describing Putin? Isn't that a bit dishonest? Have they ever heard of the term overplaying one's hand?

We've seen the photos...... He wrestles with lions, and tigers and bears and now we are supposed to believe he is a brilliant chess player. I do not know if you have ever met serious chess players but they have no interest in clothing, style, etc. See a guy with gabardine pants above his ankles and his shirt on inside out? That's a serious chess player. Furthermore...

They are not the same guys you find on a football field. No insult intended to football players but it's either one or the other - and Putin is a former KGB thug who beat his wife. Not exactly conjuring up images of Bobby Fischer in my mind.
You do realize, the tea party worships Putin.

Thu, Dec 25, 2014

Russia, United States

We've seen the photos...... He wrestles with lions, and tigers and bears and now we are supposed to believe he is a brilliant chess player. I do not know if you have ever met serious chess players but they have no interest in clothing, style, etc. See a guy with gabardine pants above his ankles and his shirt on inside out? That's a serious chess player. Furthermore...

link?

The tea party are chess players that sacrificed their queen to the establishment Republicans. That is where they went wrong. They started off good but you cannot let people like Newt Ginchrich in and give him a microphone and a podium without expecting more of the same.
Interesting concept. You do know...if anything, the teapers aren't pro-Christian. They are made up of assholes who only oppose black.

No. Actually I don't know that, Nutz. I have seen people of all color at Tea Party gatherings. The news has interviewed them. They seem quite normal to me.
I have seen segregated tea party blacks. Not so much blacks outside of their black tea party group.

Only God knows their hearts. I cannot speak for who is and who isn't a Christian in the Tea Party group.

I would certainly have to agree with you about that. As for Putin. I do not hate the man. I hate the evil he has done but I do not hate him. I think he could be saved and become a decent human being but as of this writing I see no sign of his heading in that direction.

link?
How long have you been a member of USMB? Do you watch the news and the teaper worship of Putin. I dfon't provide links to common knowledge Sorry.

I would certainly have to agree with you about that. As for Putin. I do not hate the man. I hate the evil he has done but I do not hate him. I think he could be saved and become a decent human being but as of this writing I see no sign of his heading in that direction.
Putin is more Christian than your average teaper if we must judge how Christian one is by the amount of hate they spew. I have never heard Putin spew hate...but teapers....welcome to USMB, the premier hate forum on the interweb.

Thu, Dec 25, 2014

Russia, United States

We've seen the photos...... He wrestles with lions, and tigers and bears and now we are supposed to believe he is a brilliant chess player? What's next? He's a member of the MENSA Society? I do not know if you have ever met serious chess players but they have no interest in clothing, style, etc. See a guy with gabardine pants above his ankles and his shirt on inside out? That's a serious chess player. Furthermore...

Genghis Kahn was as keen as a strategist as brutal, such rare cases exist, Though I'm not sure if Putin falls in such category... might have been intresting to have the article writter compare him to Genghis ... I am not sure of what Putin would have made out of it.

Last edited:
Putin plays checkers with the tea party as they worship each other for being anti-America and anti-Obama.
Arent "anti-America" and "anti-Obama" contradistinctions?
Of all the people on this forum...I would like to have a beer with you, German boy.
Very nice. Why not.
But dont you fear, my hate gene could take over and I would hurt you?
1. I fear no man.
2. You misunderstand me...I don't hate Germans...I simply don't trust your people because of history. .

I think the OP needs to be very careful about using a grandmaster / chess player analogy with Putin. Chess is a game with rules and Putin is a man that doesn't abide by the rules. Look at what he did to Ukraine, eh? Was that legal? No. He should have been shunned for what he did to the Ukraine but with his reputation for murdering his own journalists, having his thugs break their legs, their faces, terrorize their families, don't forget he used to beat his own wife ........ you get the picture.
Nice rant.
But since we don´t know what he did to Ukraine, your other stuff does not appear to be credible.

We don't? Didn't you mean to say you didn't? Why don't you open your eyes, unplug your ears and look at what Putin has done to the people in Ukraine? Do you remember what Stalin did? He purposely starved over 9 million people to death. They were from Ukraine. What about what Putin has done to journalists who opposed him? What do you think about that? Playing by the rules? No? Explain.
The West knew that elections would not change anthying in his favor.
When the western incited and supported Nazis took over Kiev and toppled the government, Russia occupied the Crimea in favor of the population that voted to belong to Russia. So what has Russia done wrong?

Ukraine s Nazi party in the government. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
BBC Newsnight:

Rm4yrSO.jpg

violence-kiev-200.jpg

svoboda-party-nazi4.jpg

I think the OP needs to be very careful about using a grandmaster / chess player analogy with Putin. Chess is a game with rules and Putin is a man that doesn't abide by the rules. Look at what he did to Ukraine, eh? Was that legal? No. He should have been shunned for what he did to the Ukraine but with his reputation for murdering his own journalists, having his thugs break their legs, their faces, terrorize their families, don't forget he used to beat his own wife ........ you get the picture.
Nice rant.
But since we don´t know what he did to Ukraine, your other stuff does not appear to be credible.

We don't? Didn't you mean to say you didn't? Why don't you open your eyes, unplug your ears and look at what Putin has done to the people in Ukraine? Do you remember what Stalin did? He purposely starved over 9 million people to death. They were from Ukraine. What about what Putin has done to journalists who opposed him? What do you think about that? Playing by the rules? No? Explain.
When the western incited and supported Nazis took over Kiev and toppled the government, Russia occupied the Crimea in favor of the population that voted to belong to Russia. So what has Russia done wrong?

Ukraine s Nazi party in the government. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
BBC Newsnight:

Rm4yrSO.jpg

violence-kiev-200.jpg

svoboda-party-nazi4.jpg

I sort of agree with you here, Bliepergerman. Those who opposed Putin's Russia are Nazi's. Comes to a point where you side with hate or communism. Neither is a good choice, so I revel in watching both sides die.

Putin plays checkers with the tea party as they worship each other for being anti-America and anti-Obama.
Of all the people on this forum...I would like to have a beer with you, German boy.
Very nice. Why not.
1. I fear no man.
2. You misunderstand me...I don't hate Germans...I simply don't trust your people because of history. .
Thats sad.

Nice rant.

BBC Newsnight:

Rm4yrSO.jpg

violence-kiev-200.jpg

svoboda-party-nazi4.jpg

I sort of agree with you here, Bliepergerman. Those who opposed Putin's Russia are Nazi's. Comes to a point where you side with hate or communism. Neither is a good choice, so I revel in watching both sides die.

Russia aint communist nowadays.

Very nice. Why not.
1. I fear no man.
Thats sad.
You are sad? Why? Because I realize history?

Nice rant.

BBC Newsnight:

Rm4yrSO.jpg

violence-kiev-200.jpg

svoboda-party-nazi4.jpg

If you say so...Hitler wasn't a blood thirsty dictator either.

Very nice. Why not.
1. I fear no man.
Thats sad.
Have you realized that many things you enjoy come from Germany?

Very nice. Why not.
1. I fear no man.
Thats sad.
Have you realized that many things you enjoy come from Germany?
I don't like gummy bears or chocolate....so what now?

Nice rant.

BBC Newsnight:

Rm4yrSO.jpg

violence-kiev-200.jpg

svoboda-party-nazi4.jpg

You are wrong about that. You need to look up the thread on KGB defectors here on USMB.

Ok...maybe beer, but I stick with American ,micro-brewery

Forum List

Back