Is this cultural appropriation?

Technically, there is no such thing as "cultural" appropriation. This is just another verbal tactic used by Marxists to divide the nation. Appropriating something is the act of taking something away from someone without their permission. To truly take a culture away from say, Mexicans, you would not only have to adopt it, but they in turn, would no longer have it.
For instance as some equipment onboard our ships could be in short order, so when our department would be short of necessary equipment, we would simply go about the ship and "appropriate" the piece of equipment that was needed for our department. As the piece of equipment didn't really leave the ship, but was simply relocated for its same use, thus it was "appropriated" but not stolen. Our ship's C.O. came on the speaker system and ordered that sailors quit "appropriating" equipment for their own use. What can we say, shortages create necessities.
Anyway, the original people with the culture still have their culture and nothing has been taken from them, only enjoyed by other cultures.
But if you want to play that game, I guess we should inform all blacks to stop culturally appropriating western culture clothing and only wear original African clothing. It's just as stupid an analogy.

'Cultural appropriation' is just another childish term the crybabies can use in their whining.

Like 'micro-aggressions' - the losers just keep adding more items to their list of things to cry about.

I guess I commit cultural appropiation every time I make Chili Relleno's, tacos, enchiladas. So sue me.

Here's an example of "rules of cultural appropiation for thee, but not for we":

White guy/chick likes dreadlocks. That is a no no.

Black chicks wear wigs that are straight long hair, sometimes blonde. That's ok.

:rolleyes:

New Topics

Forum List

Back