Is this a crime ??

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Suppose a person was refused any refund due to damaging the scratch code from a software purchase . Not even an exchange

Let’s just say this person was so enraged that he walked to the electronics section and pocketed a new one and left the store
He flashed his receipt from the first purchase , then ran to his car ( that was parked very far away ) and floored it and went into the high way

Is that a crime
It was what a customer told me in the store

Suppose a person was refused any refund due to damaging the scratch code from a software purchase . Not even an exchange

Let’s just say this person was so enraged that he walked to the electronics section and pocketed a new one and left the store
He flashed his receipt from the first purchase , then ran to his car ( that was parked very far away ) and floored it and went into the high way

Is that a crime
Technically yes, but I doubt they would want to push it.
I would not get creative about the packaging and try to take back the one that didn't work, they had already denied your claim on, trying to get a refund in full. You know they have surveillance,
in-store. How would you like it if somebody pulled something like that in your store?

I suppose it would depend on the return policy of the store, and whether you live in a state that allows folks to take stuff from the store with out paying.

Is that a crime
Yes its stealing. They only paid for one item and stole the second one. I'm guessing this person was white and not Black because you wouldn't even be asking this question if they were Black. You would be claiming he was looting or something. You are not exempt just because youre white.

Is that a crime

I'll bet there's a bit more to that story than we are being told.

Is that a crime
Not in New York City.

You posters need to pay better attention to this clowns posts.

He was talking about what he did or wants to do, but needed the reaction of you guys while he pretended he was talking about someone else.

Try it dude, I hope you get busted.

Or he is making it up.
I think there is something between the author and the shopkeeper we don't know about.
I'd like to hear the shopkeeper version.
Don't be surprised if the villain isn't the author. He seems to know a lot about the object.

damaging the scratch code from a software purchase . Not even an exchange
Proprietary shrink wrap "software" is immoral and unethical to begin with, all those legal boilerplate and EULA agreements. You need to go free and open source with it.

"Intellectual property" is fraud on its face. What the hell are people buying off the shelf if it it isn't the tangible product with all the rights to do anything they please with it once they leave the store with it?

Yes its stealing. They only paid for one item and stole the second one. I'm guessing this person was white and not Black because you wouldn't even be asking this question if they were Black. You would be claiming he was looting or something. You are not exempt just because youre white.
If he was black, he would have stole the first one too.

Is that a crime
Why was a refund/exchange refused when the receipt was there? Had it been too long since the original purchase?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Is that a crime
You stole it. You're a thief.

Forum List

Back