Is there anyone left who thinks marijuana should be illegal?

Hey I'm new here.I suspect you would know the answer to that better than I would.:eusa_think::eusa_wall::lol:
Here:

About Marijuana - NORML

Go in to your control panel and turn your Sarcasm setting to "on".

The thesis of my post was directed to California Girl. She says that there is, and I quote, "vast amounts of data...".

I simply believe that if she can post a few links to what she's been reading, it may shed some light on her position and this discussion. If she CAN'T produce a link... well, that will shed a slightly different light on her position.

I expect intelligent people to have the ability to educate themselves and not to be spoon fed facts. If you can't do that, it ain't my problem. I've told you where the research comes from.... the research councils within European countries.... For information: there is no 'European language'.... the research is, generally, available in English. All you have to do is find it and educate yourself.... like I did.

Legalize it.

There is zero credible evidence that marijuana is any more dangerous than many other substances which are already legal and readily available.

And the research I have seen shows that it is actually much less dangerous than alcohol.

I'm sure you're gonna be very sorry when you kill someone through you're fucking outrageous behavior. Seriously.... if you drive stoned, I pray you kill yourself and not some innocent person. I hate (and I mean real, cold, hard, hate) people to drive impaired. You are the scum of society. People like you kill other people.

You have zero idea what you are talking about. It's funny.

Driving while your judgement is impaired through drink or drugs is not funny. At least not to those who are impacted by such despicable behavior. I have absolutely no problem with you killing yourself through your own stupidity but, sadly, innocent people die because of people like you.

No, what is funny is you pretending to know how marijuana effects my driving habits then getting up on your high horse and damning me because of it. It is quite obvious to me that you have very little, it any real life experience with marijuana and how it effects people let alone me personally. You are simply emoting ... as usual.

Since it appears that many posters are too fucking stupid to undertake quite straightforward research, here's a starting point (and it's from the US.... Harvard... so they don't even have to cope with 'foreign' shit).... the article provides further links.... sadly, some of these are not from US sources. However, since Americans are genetically no different to the rest of the human race, even we should be able to cope with the facts about MJ.

THE MEDICAL DANGERS OF MARIJUANA USE

MENTAL HEALTH, BRAIN FUNCTION, AND MEMORY

It has been suggested that marijuana is at the root of many mental disorders, including acute toxic psychosis, panic attacks (one of the very conditions it is being used experimentally to treat), flashbacks, delusions, depersonalization, hallucinations, paranoia, depression, and uncontrollable aggressiveness. Marijuana has long been known to trigger attacks of mental illness, such as bipolar (manic-depressive) psychosis and schizophrenia. This connection with mental illness should make health care providers for terminally ill patients and the patients themselves, who may already be suffering from some form of clinical depression, weigh very carefully the pros and cons of adopting a therapeutic course of marijuana.

In the short term, marijuana use impairs perception, judgment, thinking, memory, and learning; memory defects may persist six weeks after last use. Mental disorders connected with marijuana use merit their own category in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) IV, published by the American Psychiatric Association. These include Cannabis Intoxication (consisting of impaired motor coordination, anxiety, impaired judgment, sensation of slowed time, social withdrawal, and often includes perceptual disturbances; Cannabis Intoxication Delirium (memory deficit, disorientation); Cannabis Induced Psychotic Disorder, Delusions; Cannabis Induced Psychotic Disorder, Hallucinations; and Cannabis Induced Anxiety Disorder.

I am not denying that marijuana has side effects just that you are clueless about the realities of them.

Last edited:
That link is saying that if someone already has a mental issue that marijuana could aggravate it. Not that marijuana causes normal people to have mental issues. Thats fine, I don't want Neubarth or rdean to smoke marijuana anyway.

And the link says that research is being done with marijuana to actually treat mental disorders.

That link is saying that if someone already has a mental issue that marijuana could aggravate it. Not that marijuana causes normal people to have mental issues. Thats fine, I don't want Neubarth or rdean to smoke marijuana anyway.

And the link says that research is being done with marijuana to actually treat mental disorders.

Yes, the part she bolded means that it could trigger it if the condition already exists, not cause a new illness.

MJ can act as a trigger for mental illness, particularly in young people. Research in NZ suggests that young people smoking MJ are 3 times more likely to develop mental problems. That's 300% more likely.

Anyone who claims that MJ is not dangerous is talking out of their ass.

Now, don't get me wrong, I honestly don't care if someone chooses to risk mental illness. Your business is your business. The only thing I care about is that, like alcohol, it impairs your judgement... and stupid people doing drugs or drinking impacts on me.

I don't want to pay for your self inflicted mental problems, nor do I want to lose another loved one because some fucking asshole drives a vehicle while their judgement is impaired. Kill yourself, be as paranoid or mentally disturbed as you like.... just don't impact on me and don't expect me to pay to help you fix your self inflicted illness.

Get him going about the dozens of children he's fathered then give him the Cromartie challenge and see if he could name them all ...

And I think Neubarth would be hilarious to get baked with.

Dude, can you imagine how paranoid he would get then?

I think it would be hilarious to watch, but I would want to stay completely straight in order to observe it.

Oh hell yeah but the lulz!

I mean, his posts personified .... on weed

Think about it? :lol:

I know, which is why I would love to observe it, but while completely sober myself :lmao:

Legalize it? Yes. Beneficial to the people as a whole? Don't believe so.

I hate how people tell me weed doesn't damage them, then I see people who smoke weed a lot over a few years and they act stupid. They laugh really long at nothing, they can't speak correctly, and half the time they are zoned out.

I really am happy I can say I've never tried it, that was a big thing when I joined the Air Force DEP, he looked at me like "yea right" but I know he believes me cause frankly, I am more terrified of my father then any type of "oh your a church boy" or whatever crap kids can say, and frankly I consider it stupid to smoke any type of stuff.

I think it should be legal, I mean, we have alcohol, tobbaco, why not add marijuana? I believe it is a degrading substance, and do not believe I shall ever try it. Why? Cause frankly, I nearly get sick at drinking mountain dew cause I realize how bad it is, let alone smoking/drinking/dipping/chewing.

Last edited:
Adolescents and young adults who are heavy users of marijuana are more likely than non-users to have disrupted brain development, according to a new study. Pediatric researchers found abnormalities in areas of the brain that interconnect brain regions involved in memory, attention, decision-making, language and executive functioning skills. The findings are of particular concern because adolescence is a crucial period for brain development and maturation.

Heavy Marijuana Use May Damage Developing Brain In Teens, Young Adults

The legalization of marijuana will be the nail in the coffin of public education. It's on life support right now.

Adolescents and young adults who are heavy users of marijuana are more likely than non-users to have disrupted brain development, according to a new study. Pediatric researchers found abnormalities in areas of the brain that interconnect brain regions involved in memory, attention, decision-making, language and executive functioning skills. The findings are of particular concern because adolescence is a crucial period for brain development and maturation.

The legalization of marijuana will be the nail in the coffin of public education. It's on life support right now.

As I said earlier, an NZ study found that young people were 300% more likely to develop mental problems. 300%!! I am dumbfounded that some people think that's 'harmless'. I can only assume that these people are stoners.... denial, it ain't just de river in Egypt. :eusa_angel:

MJ can act as a trigger for mental illness, particularly in young people. Research in NZ suggests that young people smoking MJ are 3 times more likely to develop mental problems. That's 300% more likely.

Anyone who claims that MJ is not dangerous is talking out of their ass.

Now, don't get me wrong, I honestly don't care if someone chooses to risk mental illness. Your business is your business. The only thing I care about is that, like alcohol, it impairs your judgement... and stupid people doing drugs or drinking impacts on me.

I don't want to pay for your self inflicted mental problems, nor do I want to lose another loved one because some fucking asshole drives a vehicle while their judgement is impaired. Kill yourself, be as paranoid or mentally disturbed as you like.... just don't impact on me and don't expect me to pay to help you fix your self inflicted illness.

I agree with you on the driving portion.

The NZ study was for users 15 years or younger. Of course imbibing at an age where the brain is still developing can lead to issues. Children that young who normally imbibe alcohol have significantly higher chances of developing health issues later in life as well from that.

I don't have a problem with restricting marijuana use to adults, same as alcohol. But once again we are back to marijuana is no more dangerous than alcohol.

Legalization of marijuana would make it more difficult for youths to purchase it.

Yeah sure. Just like alcohol and cigs. :cuckoo:

Do you honestly believe the drug dealers will all just close up shop? The only way the "drug war" will end is if the government sells pot cheaper than the cartels. Not gonna happen.

The incidence of marijuana smoking went up tens of thousands of percent between the WWII generatio and the boomer generation.

If marijuana CAUSED mental illness, the incidence of schoizophrenia would LIKEWISE have gone up tens of thousands of percent.

Did it?

No, as a matter of fact the incidence of schizophrenia has been going DOWN.

Nobody knows why of course.

Here's a clue kids...when the research findings of a subset of the population are not mirrored in the population as a whole?

The research is FLAWED.

If people like CALI GIRL have trouble understanding that logic, (and clearly she does) I seriously doubt that anybody's going to be able to explain it to her.

You cannot teach pigs to sing.

Forum List

Back