Is there a better band than AC/DC?

I pray that you meet the Lord some day soon. :) :) :)
^The polite way to say I wish you would fuck off and die.

I wonder if that makes it less threatening to jillian and Ravi? :dunno:
Right here is a good example of how you don't have to die to meet the Lord. :) :) :)

I reckon I was doing close to 80 when I felt the tire slip out from under me.
And I never set out lookin' for Jesus, so I guess Jesus come lookin' for me.
And He found me upside down in a ditch with smoke and gas in my eyes.
And He said, "Son, you came here to live. You didn't come here to die."

-"I Came Here To Live" from country singer Trace Adkins

God bless you and Trace always!!! :) :) :)

Holly (a day one fan of him)

Last edited:
Just a VERY short list of bands better than AC/DC

Led Zepplin
Aerosmith (pre-80's)
Rolling Stones
Rush
Pink Floyd
Queen
man..on and on and on and on...if I made a personal list of the top 25 bands...I doubt AC/DC would be on that list....maybe in the top 50.

i saw Queen around 76 at the LA Sports Arena....glad i did....Thin Lizzy opened for them.....rocked the fucking place down and got called back for 2 encores.....not bad for an opening act....

If there is, I haven't seen it.

AC/DC Shot Down in Flames - YouTube

AC/DC is the greatest fuckin' band that ever lived!

If you disagree, then prove it!

AC/DC is one of the all-time greats. There are a few that I would put at the top and not really be able to determine who's better:

(not in any particular order)The Who, AC/DC, Van Halen, Led Zepplin, Green Day.

That said, Shoot to Thrill is the greatest Rock and Roll song ever written or played.

The Beatles??? The Beatles don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same thread as AC/DC.

about a billion people would say the same thing about mentioning AC/DC in the same thread as the Beatles....its all what you like....aint it....

The Beatles??? The Beatles don't even deserve to be mentioned in the same thread as AC/DC.

Amen! The beatles were wussies.

Green Day? Have to check em out.
You obviously were not watching the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964 when, in less than 1 hour, the entire world had changed.

yep......especially Rock n Roll.....when AC/DC showed up.....i dont think anything changed.....just sayin....but hey i liked AC/DC up until 1980.....then.....just another band....IMO.....

You lost me at Queen but Floyd is hard to top.
Awe man, that reminds me, I forgot Pink Floyd on my list of bands I seen live. I saw them twice at the LA Sports Arena. The first concert was their Animals tour. It was pretty good (once I got inside, more on that later), they did Animals the first half of the concert and did Dark Side the second half. I loved it!

The second concert was their Wall tour. I took acid that night and halfway there, my friend forgot his ticket. We had to go all the way back to his apartment and get it. I fuckin' hated driving on acid, but we had to do it. We got to the Sports Arena just as they were starting.

As far as the first time I saw them, it made the front page of the LA Times the next day. Because they busted 470 people for everything you could think of. My friends girlfriend even got a ticket for jaywalking. She only went halfway, then came back. But this asshole motorcycle cop comes roaring down the sidewalk and stopped us. Pink Floyd was so mad at what Daryl Gates did, that they swore they'd never play in LA again. But that ended with the Wall tour 4 years later.
hey i seen Floyd at the Sports Arena on their Dark Side tour.....did the whole LP with a 4 channel set up.....Excellent.....even though Chief Davis had everyone frisked before going in.....the fucking place was reeking in Pot 10 minutes in.....what a night....

The Beatles changed the world, what other bands can you say that about?

Oh for Pete's sake...there should be some kind of cattle prod to snap people out of their delusions concerning the Beatles.
It goes without saying the Beatles were a HUUUUUGE success and influence in the mid-60's.
However they were of course short-lived. By the late 60's they were only having minor hits and waning record sales. And of course they broke up soon after.
Other bands have had way-way-waaaaay better success than the Beatles when considering longevity and continued success in future albums.
What the Beatles really were - were the most successful commercialized flash in a pan band in world history. All of their success happened within just a few years when they were the only game in town.

you mean minor hits like Sgt Pepper,the White Album And Abby Road.....like that?.....

The Beatles changed the world, what other bands can you say that about?

Oh for Pete's sake...there should be some kind of cattle prod to snap people out of their delusions concerning the Beatles.
It goes without saying the Beatles were a HUUUUUGE success and influence in the mid-60's.
However they were of course short-lived. By the late 60's they were only having minor hits and waning record sales. And of course they broke up soon after.
Other bands have had way-way-waaaaay better success than the Beatles when considering longevity and continued success in future albums.
What the Beatles really were - were the most successful commercialized flash in a pan band in world history. All of their success happened within just a few years when they were the only game in town.

only game in town?......are you serious?.....if you dont mind me asking....how old are you?....

Flash in the pan? You are way off regarding the Beatles. I don't know how old you are, but anyone old enough to have been watching the Ed Sullivan Show in 1964, knows the impact the Beatles had not just in music, but to the world in general.

Seeing them for the first time has the equivelent impact of a boxer standing in the ring and expecting a third rate club fighter, but getting Mike Tyson instead. You don't know what he's like, but he looks different than the other fighters, then the bell rings and you get your bell rung. Afterwards, you go, "WTF was that!" That's how the Beatles it America.

By the time of the Ed Sullivan Show, people were getting a little sick of "my little duece coop" and Neil Sedaca. The initial impact of rock 'n roll (Elvis, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, etc.) had lost it's luster. The Beatles came in out of left field (unless you lived in Hamburg) and changed the face of music. They were so different than any other group at that time (in America at least), that they inspired a whole generation of musician's and songwriters that is still going on to this day.

Anyone who lived from '64 - '70 and experienced the Beatles as they were happening, wouldn't be saying the shit you said.

i have to agree ...to say they were the only game in town is what i was laughing at....

You lost me at Queen but Floyd is hard to top.
Awe man, that reminds me, I forgot Pink Floyd on my list of bands I seen live. I saw them twice at the LA Sports Arena. The first concert was their Animals tour. It was pretty good (once I got inside, more on that later), they did Animals the first half of the concert and did Dark Side the second half. I loved it!

The second concert was their Wall tour. I took acid that night and halfway there, my friend forgot his ticket. We had to go all the way back to his apartment and get it. I fuckin' hated driving on acid, but we had to do it. We got to the Sports Arena just as they were starting.

As far as the first time I saw them, it made the front page of the LA Times the next day. Because they busted 470 people for everything you could think of. My friends girlfriend even got a ticket for jaywalking. She only went halfway, then came back. But this asshole motorcycle cop comes roaring down the sidewalk and stopped us. Pink Floyd was so mad at what Daryl Gates did, that they swore they'd never play in LA again. But that ended with the Wall tour 4 years later.
hey i seen Floyd at the Sports Arena on their Dark Side tour.....did the whole LP with a 4 channel set up.....Excellent.....even though Chief Davis had everyone frisked before going in.....the fucking place was reeking in Pot 10 minutes in.....what a night....

I was stoopid. Could have seen them once in Sacramento and once in San Diego but blew off both shows thinking, "I'll catch 'em next time"...young and dumb.
This is as close as I've ever come to being there...Mind blowing even on youtube and after all these years.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EVGpn0GcVI]Pink Floyd - Pulse Live (full concert HQ) 1994 - YouTube[/ame]

Someone in this thread made claim earlier that "Shoot the Thrill" was the greatest rock song ever made. After doing a lot thinking on this assertion, I am un-able to come up with a better argument. I think the guy might just be right.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kD8sxIjVuc]AC/DC Shoot to Thrill (with Iron Man 2 footage!) - YouTube[/ame]

I've only been able to come up with 3 songs that would even be in contention:
  1. Fire Woman - The Cult
  2. Sweet Child of Mine - Guns and Roses
  3. Fight for the right to party - Beastie Boys
And if any of you are wondering why I didn't include "that song" off of Who's Next, or the one off Made in Japan, or the one off Led Zepellin III, it's because I'm sick of those albums. I've played them so many times, I don't think I ever want to here those songs again.

Someone in this thread made claim earlier that "Shoot the Thrill" was the greatest rock song ever made. After doing a lot thinking on this assertion, I am un-able to come up with a better argument. I think the guy might just be right.

AC/DC Shoot to Thrill (with Iron Man 2 footage!) - YouTube

I've only been able to come up with 3 songs that would even be in contention:
  1. Fire Woman - The Cult
  2. Sweet Child of Mine - Guns and Roses
  3. Fight for the right to party - Beastie Boys
And if any of you are wondering why I didn't include "that song" off of Who's Next, or the one off Made in Japan, or the one off Led Zepellin III, it's because I'm sick of those albums. I've played them so many times, I don't think I ever want to here those songs again.

does not mean they are not still great songs though.......UFO Live were pretty dam good too....

When I first heard this song, I thought it was AC/DC!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27TgCRkTdZ8&feature=related]Rhino Bucket - She's A Screamer.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

Here's another good one from RhinoBucket...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MC_RChl7rk&feature=related]Rhino Bucket - Hey There - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back