Is there a better band than AC/DC?

i did too billo,same place dark side tour.....as soon as the lights dimmed there must have a 100 joints being lit...lol
Did you ever see the Greatful Dead at Pauly Pavillion on New Years Eve? I didn't have to bring weed, I got high by just breathing the air.
wasnt a big dead fan....did see Cream though on their farewell tour at the Anaheim Conv Center late 68....Spirit opened....

During the Bon Scott days, I might have agreed with you. Once Brian Johnson took over, I must demure. I just can't stand his voice.

Either way, I would argue Free was a much better band than AC/DC, Bon or Brian singing. My proof is in the recordings. I've listened to both and I choose Free as the best rock n roll band ever.

that was my first concert.....great 8 dollar tickets....
I saw Led Zeppelin at the Long Beach Auditorium for $6 in 1976.
i had a chance to see hendrix,jefferson airplane,the doors and another band at the Anaheim CC for 10 bucks.....went to a party instead....i went to parties instead of some good concerts quit a few times back then....if i had to do it over i would have went to the concerts....

i had a chance to see hendrix,jefferson airplane,the doors and another band at the Anaheim CC for 10 bucks.....went to a party instead....i went to parties instead of some good concerts quit a few times back then....if i had to do it over i would have went to the concerts....
I know just how you feel; I had a buddy who was at Monterey Pop in '67.

During the Bon Scott days, I might have agreed with you. Once Brian Johnson took over, I must demure. I just can't stand his voice.

Either way, I would argue Free was a much better band than AC/DC, Bon or Brian singing. My proof is in the recordings. I've listened to both and I choose Free as the best rock n roll band ever.
Free?.....the best ever?...to each their own.....

Beatles, Stones, Beach Boys, Chicago, Journey, Eagles and about a dozen more.

I’d put them in the top 25

And in the History of Rock n Roll, being in the top 25 is an incredible honor.

Got a kick out of the ticket prices quoted earlier. Yeah, I remember those days!

He really really really loves "All Right Now" so what can you say. :)

He really really really loves "All Right Now" so what can you say. :)
and "Fire and Water" and "Wishing Well"....

If there is, I haven't seen it.

[ame=[MEDIA=youtube]7J5SrhjNQ5g[/MEDIA] Shot Down in Flames - YouTube[/ame]

AC/DC is the greatest fuckin' band that ever lived!

If you disagree, then prove it!

They certainly are a great band. When I was a kid I wore out their albums and had to steal new one's at Woolworth's.

AC/DC was very prominent in the soundtrack of my adolescence.

necrothread.jpg

They are the all dude band! All they sing about is getting laid and partying. They're love ballad is called, "Big Balls". And 90% of their songs are hits; half being rock anthems!
Well, ok if that’s what you’re into.
I’m more into Van Halen for rock music. Different strokes and all that.

Forum List

Back