Is the US going the way of the Roman Empire?

No we're not.

Gloom and Doom plus Fear and Smear.

It's not gloom and doom. It's just what's happening.

I disagree. Americas two party system is under attack, but that will not lead to the fall of Western civilization, imo.

LOL, what "two party system" ? We have a "two party delusion" in this country.

Are you perhaps referring to the illusion foisted upon the masses by our ruling plutocrats that the two major political crime families aren't controlled by the same group of well-connected, well-monied interests and are essentially exactly the same except for the marketing slogans they prefer?

If you believe that continuing to vote for the lesser of two evils is going to somehow magically change things for the better then...

"The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" -- Albert Einstein

Yes that very same Illuminati controlled two party system that (wink, wink) spontaneously evolved some two hundred + years ago, acting as a circus to pacify the masses.....

More Tea?

Not if it's the same shit that has you completely spaced out and unable to discern reality from some fairy tale.:cool:

An interesting parallel exists in modern times. Although the US was established less than 250 years ago, it may be going down in an accelerated fashion for many of the same reasons that brought about the collapse of the Roman Empire. Rome itself lasted for over a thousand years but its glory days as an empire began falling apart after about five hundred. Its resources were chronically stretched with a military presence in foreign districts designed to expand power and influence, not for the people of the empire but to ensure the continuation of Rome’s control authority.

Like Rome, America today is under the thumb of tolerated de facto foreign invasions mostly in the form of uncontrolled mass migrations turning its civilized territories into chaotic, lawless idiocracies. The US Deep State, like Rome’s leadership, is densely corrupted with the self-preservation of centrally planned bureaucracies designed to maintain a status quo unable to quickly and adequately respond to threats that can topple law and order, fail to preserve cultural traditions and ensure the peaceful interactions of its citizens.

The sycophantic alliance of America’s liberal press with the Deep State dovetails quite nicely with the laments of Juvenal, a first century Roman satirical poet who complains of “Bread and Circuses”. Roman plebian society was constantly distracted with promises of free food and entertainment for votes to keep established Roman leadership in place. As in the US the people of Rome began to feel they were owed a basic existence that became more extravagant over time.

The fourth Estate in America, Hollywood and much of the entertainment industry have become the right-hand man of the US Deep State. They are the circus aspect of smoke and mirrors in tandem with the Pretorian Guard (FBI, DOJ, NSA, FISA Courts and half of US Congress). When a leader emerged in Rome that resonated with the people this threatened a power shift from the Roman state to rank and file citizens, so assassination was a common regulating agent. Impeachment in the US today is a modern manifestation of assassination to save the state.

People an ocean away in the UK are aware that history repeats itself and they know that Rome died by suicide, not murder; they reject the state to save their country. Americans can save themselves as well because as Yogi Berra said: “It’s déjà vu all over again”. It doesn’t have to be that way.
Fine. Move to England then.
Our country doesn't need people who believe the comic book version of the truth, anyway.
we don't need people who are unwilling to listen to others and categorize their beliefs to "comic book" and telling them to move if they don't like it.

if you and others have the freedom to say how you feel the country should go, others do as well. along the way in all this we've lost the basic sight that we all share the same rights only because we all define and defend them. now we use them against each other in our own righteous indignation (i do this too, not talking only to you) because they don't see things like we do.

we are ALL bad about that and to me, that is the core of why we fight over the strangest of things.
That happy horseshit about the Deep State and the Fourth Estate IS COMIC BOOK! I don't care if Ray thinks it's impolite to say so. He and the rest of the goombas on here need to get their heads out of their asses and smell the coffee.
funny. they say the same thing about the left.

now what? we just keep screaming NO YOU at each other?
I'm trying to help. If you had a big piece of toilet paper dragging from your shoe when you came out of the Men's Room, wouldn't you want your friends to point it out? So you wouldn't be humiliated?

I thought it was homos who brought down the Roman Empire.

That was the psuedocon talking point a few years ago.

Revisionism is so much fun!

An interesting parallel exists in modern times. Although the US was established less than 250 years ago, it may be going down in an accelerated fashion for many of the same reasons that brought about the collapse of the Roman Empire. Rome itself lasted for over a thousand years but its glory days as an empire began falling apart after about five hundred. Its resources were chronically stretched with a military presence in foreign districts designed to expand power and influence, not for the people of the empire but to ensure the continuation of Rome’s control authority.

Like Rome, America today is under the thumb of tolerated de facto foreign invasions mostly in the form of uncontrolled mass migrations turning its civilized territories into chaotic, lawless idiocracies. The US Deep State, like Rome’s leadership, is densely corrupted with the self-preservation of centrally planned bureaucracies designed to maintain a status quo unable to quickly and adequately respond to threats that can topple law and order, fail to preserve cultural traditions and ensure the peaceful interactions of its citizens.

The sycophantic alliance of America’s liberal press with the Deep State dovetails quite nicely with the laments of Juvenal, a first century Roman satirical poet who complains of “Bread and Circuses”. Roman plebian society was constantly distracted with promises of free food and entertainment for votes to keep established Roman leadership in place. As in the US the people of Rome began to feel they were owed a basic existence that became more extravagant over time.

The fourth Estate in America, Hollywood and much of the entertainment industry have become the right-hand man of the US Deep State. They are the circus aspect of smoke and mirrors in tandem with the Pretorian Guard (FBI, DOJ, NSA, FISA Courts and half of US Congress). When a leader emerged in Rome that resonated with the people this threatened a power shift from the Roman state to rank and file citizens, so assassination was a common regulating agent. Impeachment in the US today is a modern manifestation of assassination to save the state.

People an ocean away in the UK are aware that history repeats itself and they know that Rome died by suicide, not murder; they reject the state to save their country. Americans can save themselves as well because as Yogi Berra said: “It’s déjà vu all over again”. It doesn’t have to be that way.
Our country doesn't need people who believe the comic book version of the truth, anyway.
we don't need people who are unwilling to listen to others and categorize their beliefs to "comic book" and telling them to move if they don't like it.

if you and others have the freedom to say how you feel the country should go, others do as well. along the way in all this we've lost the basic sight that we all share the same rights only because we all define and defend them. now we use them against each other in our own righteous indignation (i do this too, not talking only to you) because they don't see things like we do.

we are ALL bad about that and to me, that is the core of why we fight over the strangest of things.
That happy horseshit about the Deep State and the Fourth Estate IS COMIC BOOK! I don't care if Ray thinks it's impolite to say so. He and the rest of the goombas on here need to get their heads out of their asses and smell the coffee.

I'm trying to help. If you had a big piece of toilet paper dragging from your shoe when you came out of the Men's Room, wouldn't you want your friends to point it out? So you wouldn't be humiliated?
the problem is - who's actually has the toilet paper stuck to their shoe?

neither side wants to admit it's there; only the other side has problems. far as i'm concerned both sides have their idiots on the extremes driving things and it's jacking it up for the vast majority of us in the middle who never wanted TO BE extreme.

The Deep State is real and it does work in tandem with the leftwing 4th Estate

neither side wants to admit it's there; only the other side has problems. far as i'm concerned both sides have their idiots on the extremes driving things and it's jacking it up for the vast majority of us in the middle who never wanted TO BE extreme.

I think it was fake short form birth certificates which brought down the Roman Empire.

Fake short form birth certificates are real and it does work in tandem with the Jews who knocked down the Twin Towers.

But I do not see myself as an extremist, and no matter what comments I make, you always seem to circle back to the extremist dichotomy instead of discussing the topic at hand.

The Deep State is real and it does work in tandem with the leftwing 4th Estate
The media is real enough; they report the President's words that come out of his mouth and out of his thumbs on Twitter and the reaction of the other statesmen of the world to his ideas, as well as the actual outcomes of his policies. If analysis and opinions are heavily anti-Trump because TRUMP IS A JERK!

Then there is the Sinclair Broadcasting Group which has flooded the market with conservative messaging and of course there's FOX. Also social media, which has become a haven for the alternative facts crowd.

Are they influential? Of course, but they are nothing but a reflection of what the people think of their leaders. They are not some organized cabal that is currently out to overthrow the President.

Was the Roman Empire pulled apart by two opposing narcissistic tribes who were convinced that they new what was best for everyone else?

If so, then yeah.

No it was pulled a part by "Pure Democracy" where a simple Majority ruled , And Killing your opponents was acceptable behavior to gain a majority. It's exactly why we are not a Democracy and have an electoral college. All good !

But I do not see myself as an extremist, and no matter what comments I make, you always seem to circle back to the extremist dichotomy instead of discussing the topic at hand.
i don't see myself as one either but we usually do end back up in a bad spot when we try to talk. my general impression is if i don't agree with you, i'm wrong and it dovetails down from there.

*all of us* need to get back to being able to talk over issues w/o it getting personal.

In one way Absolutely
Rome became preoccupied with feelings also. Feelings were permitted to overtake facts. Now it was hedonism and debauchery but it was still the desire to satiate senses much as the Democrats need a “drug” to soothe their addled election loss feelings.

Any society that attacks itself to protect itself is doomed. It's like a cornered scorpion turning its stinger back to pierce its own body because the alternative is seen as so selfishly threatening that total destruction is the only way out. When the Electoral College is under siege because the results produced something unanticipated this should open some eyes.

No one is fooled by this but the division is toxic and the state does not care because it wants to survive intact and if not then let the ship go down. Study Rome.

Any society that attacks itself to protect itself is doomed. It's like a cornered scorpion turning its stinger back to pierce its own body because the alternative is seen as so selfishly threatening that total destruction is the only way out. When the Electoral College is under siege because the results produced something unanticipated this should open some eyes.

No one is fooled by this but the division is toxic and the state does not care because it wants to survive intact and if not then let the ship go down. Study Rome.
I've got something for you, Ray. This quote is criticism of a free press from 1671. Think on it.

I thank God, there are no free schools nor printing (in Virginia), and I hope we shall not have these (for a) hundred years; for learning has brought disobedience and heresy…into the world, and printing has divulged them, and libels against the best government. God keep us from both. William Berkeley 1671, royal governor of Virginia.

The real danger is if one or the other side actually DOES take over ALL media. That's nowhere close to happening.
There has been talk and work done to overturn the Electoral College since at least Nixon's administration. It comes up every single election cycle.
America's problem is not that criticism of Republicans is allowed.

Was the Roman Empire pulled apart by two opposing narcissistic tribes who were convinced that they new what was best for everyone else?

If so, then yeah.

Don't even compare normal Conservatives who hold to traditional values to filthy pervert Liberals who are faggots, transgenders, perverts, dopeheads and socialists

Leftists call themselves Progressives which is a bastardization of the English language. In fact they are Regressives, regressing to the filthy perverted days of the Roman empire with all its perversions and sickness.

Forum List

Back