Is the subject of Climate Change/GW just...

Because it's not a lie. Provide a link to a single global warming study that isn't computer model derived.

GO.

That's easy. The temperature record.

Are you going to escalate your lying to epic levels now and claim the temperature record is some kind of model? I hope not. I hope you still possess some vestigial shame and decency.

Global warming theory is well-proven with no models at all. The remarkable success of the models is just icing on the cake. Things like the stratospheric cooling, the increased backradation, and the decrease in outgoling longwave in the GHG bands demonstrate the human cause of the temperature increase, being that there is no natural explanation for such directly measured factors.

Not at all. But your heroes take raw temp data, and then " correct it" by dumping all of those numbers into a model to smooth them.

Why do they do that? Why not just use the raw data?

Global warming theory is well-proven with no models at all. The remarkable success of the models is just icing on the cake. Things like the stratospheric cooling, the increased backradation, and the decrease in outgoling longwave in the GHG bands demonstrate the human cause of the temperature increase, being that there is no natural explanation for such directly measured factors.

Ah ... then we do have a mathematical relationship between carbon dioxide concentration and SB emissivity ... that's news to me ... please post, I've been searching for this for quite some time now ... because we can't say proven until the math is right ...

Yes ... computer models will always output what they're programmed to ... that's not icing, that's statistics ... and statistics are never rigid proof ...

"Stratospheric cooling" would be a counter-example to AGW Theory ... set a pan of water on a stove burner ... cooling at the top layer isn't an indication it's heating at the bottom ... try it and see ... and of course the obvious problem with incoming longwave from the Sun ... but please, explain how more CO2 and more radiation would cause stratospheric cooling ...

How are we "directly" measuring backradiation ... or the decrease in outgoing longwave ...

AGW Theory is just that ... a theory ... research is ongoing across many many aspects of the theory ... very little can be said to be "well-proven" at this time ... deforestation is a well documented climate changer ... as the forests in West Africa become more mature, the rains have been returning as predicted by AGW Theory ... and by no means is this one example the gold standard of scientific proof ... it's all we'll get without causing intense human misery anyplace we would try this stunt again ... you kids don't remember the droughts and famines from 50 years ago ... they were bad, very bad ...

Forum List

Back