Is the poor really getting poorer?

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDhcqua3_W8&feature=player_embedded]Are the poor getting poorer? - YouTube[/ame]

Watch this and it might change your minds

A better way to look at it would be that the public sector, unions, the government and its dependents are getting "richer" while the non-union private sector and those that work in the private sector are becoming poorer.

Or in short - if you work for a union or rely on government to pay for you to live - you're getting "richer."

If you work in the non-union private sector - you're lucky to have a job and if you do I'm sure you've taken at least a 25% cut in pay or are doing anything you can just to survive.

That's pretty much what has happened over the last 3 years.

Obama and his anti-capitalists have taken from the private sector and redistributed to the public sector.

A better way to look at it would be that the public sector, unions, the government and its dependents are getting "richer" while the non-union private sector and those that work in the private sector are becoming poorer...
Before saying that it's a "better way to look at it", we first need to actually look at it.

Here's union membership by state - Table 5. Union affiliation of employed wage and salary workers by state, and here's per-capita income by state BEA : State Per Capita and State Personal Income News Release Archive. Sure there's a vague relationship but the emphasis is on the 'vague'.

But hey, check out also unemployment by state at Unemployment Rates by State. What I get is that unions spring up where the money is and that's when we see more unemployment.

I would love to see this guy go into an inner city and explain to those suffering under the inequality of today that they are really doing quite well. It would be the end of one buffoon. Did he mention inflation in his idiotic rant. If you live in a closet all you ever see is the closet. Get out into the real world and show them the way. There is so much data and reality that contradicts morons like this I wonder why anyone outside their closet could even take the guy serious. See first video.

15 Shocking Facts Show That the Middle Class is Being Wiped Out | Economy | AlterNet

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR3jQOgs9gc]Hunger & Poverty In America - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SmIAruRPrc]Shocking Facts On US Poverty - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The lower income classes have been getting poorer (relative to the other classes) for the last 40 years.

I would love to see this guy go into an inner city and explain to those suffering under the inequality of today that they are really doing quite well...
LOL!! Personally I'd love to see some of those "suffering" people try and explain their hardship in my neighborhood. My neighbors have unpaved roads, a dirt floor, no electricity, and no school bus to a high school 30 miles away. What's interesting is how my neighbors deal with their 'agony'. They work hard, they teach their kids respect, they pray together, and they're happy.

Forum List

Back