Is The Only Way Out Of This Mess Deflation/Depression?

It's hard to see the inflation problem improving much as long as Biden and the democrats are in power, cuz they won't discontinue the policies that got us here in the 1st place. Namely, too much gov't spending and too little production of good and services. IOW, the gov't has to spend a lot less and encourage more investment and innovation. The gov't under Trump and Biden pumped about $6 trillion into the economy with little extra production of good and services to show for it and that's how you get inflation. The other end of it is the supply side, and Biden's war on fossil fuels has made that commodity more expensive than it should be and delayed the return to more production in that industry. Right now this country primarily runs on oil and gas, and when that cost goes up then virtually everything goes up accordingly cuz we use trucks, trains, and planes to move stuff around the country and higher shipping costs inevitably leads to higher prices for consumers.

What I'm saying is that this country needs to return to the Trump era policies that encourage rather than discourage fossil fuel production. However, there's no way that Biden and the democrats will do that, so IMHO we're stuck with this inflation problem until Biden and the democrats are out of office. Will the next republican president do any better when it comes to overspending? I'm thinking he or she will spend a lot less than the next president would if that person is a democrat with a democrat Congress.

Nope you're wrong as ever you can't post your bullshit without it being a lie.
Well instead of just calling me a liar why don’t you show it by addressing my statements and providing counter arguments… you know, like it did with yours.

It's hard to see the inflation problem improving much as long as Biden and the democrats are in power, cuz they won't discontinue the policies that got us here in the 1st place. Namely, too much gov't spending and too little production of good and services. IOW, the gov't has to spend a lot less and encourage more investment and innovation. The gov't under Trump and Biden pumped about $6 trillion into the economy with little extra production of good and services to show for it and that's how you get inflation. The other end of it is the supply side, and Biden's war on fossil fuels has made that commodity more expensive than it should be and delayed the return to more production in that industry. Right now this country primarily runs on oil and gas, and when that cost goes up then virtually everything goes up accordingly cuz we use trucks, trains, and planes to move stuff around the country and higher shipping costs inevitably leads to higher prices for consumers.

What I'm saying is that this country needs to return to the Trump era policies that encourage rather than discourage fossil fuel production. However, there's no way that Biden and the democrats will do that, so IMHO we're stuck with this inflation problem until Biden and the democrats are out of office. Will the next republican president do any better when it comes to overspending? I'm thinking he or she will spend a lot less than the next president would if that person is a democrat with a democrat Congress.
The govt doesn't control production of goods and services, and we're producing more oil than before. But it seems very possible that by the time the Fed raises rates high enough to stop Americans from spending cash that they saved - from earnings and govt stimulus during the pandemic when there weren't places to go out and fewer goods - those savings will have been spent or evaporated in the equity and bond markets losing value

So unless people just kept their savings in cash, we may see a very sharp drop in consumer spending all at once. The recession might not last long, but people may lose jobs and see the raises they got when employers were begging for workers go ... poof. Then we can stop complaining that the Fed waited too long to raise rates and begin complaining that the Fed raised rates too high. LOL

Well instead of just calling me a liar why don’t you show it by addressing my statements and providing counter arguments… you know, like it did with yours.
It is impossible for a leftist to defend their position without having to lie. The agenda that you support is based on a lie. You use a lying media to support your position. There is nothing to debate you can't defend a lie

It is impossible for a leftist to defend their position without having to lie. The agenda that you support is based on a lie. You use a lying media to support your position. There is nothing to debate you can't defend a lie
I literally just defended my position by providing point by point counter arguments to your points. Instead of you responding by explaining why my responses were not correct you retreated and just called me a liar. Thats weak and thats giving up on the debate. Grow up and do better.

Forum List

Back