Is the Jack Smith indictment of Donald Trump "Election Interference"? (Poll)

Is Jack Smith's indictment of Trump in the 2024 presidential election cycle election interference?

• Yes

Votes: 54 60.7%
  • No

Votes: 35 39.3%

• Total voters
I don't know why I keep defending Trump. I like the Desantis-Biden 2024 matchup.

1. The Clinton tape precedent is all about what Trump calls "personal property". According to the Clinton ruling, if Trump has it, its his personal property.

It doesn't matter what "Trump calls 'personal property'". What matters is the document definitions in the law.

But in general, false. That's not what the Clinton Case ruling was, some people have tried to cram dicta (is short for the Latin phrase obiter dictum, meaning "something said in passing") as being part of the court ruling when it's not. The core case in the Clinton Tapes case was about Judicial Watch trying to force the NARA to do something and the court ruled they couldn't.

It never addressed as a core legal question whether documents clearly defined as Presidential Records under the PRA could be transformed into Personal Records. The tapes were clearly Personal Records as a memoranda to be used for history, not as a means of documenting the functioning of the office.

2. What is the stipulated time Trump has to return classified docs? His new excuse is that he needed more time to review the docs personally.

End of his term which was January 20, 2021.

3. I hope congress adds more definitive "who does what by when" protocols to the PRA.

The PRA is fine and the time frame is clearly defined, the FPOTUS choose to ignore it.

WW

It doesn't matter what "Trump calls 'personal property'". What matters is the document definitions in the law.
But in general, false. That's not what the Clinton Case ruling was, some people have tried to cram dicta (is short for the Latin phrase obiter dictum, meaning "something said in passing") as being part of the court ruling when it's not. The core case in the Clinton Tapes case was about Judicial Watch trying to force the NARA to do something and the court ruled they couldn't.
It never addressed as a core legal question whether documents clearly defined as Presidential Records under the PRA could be transformed into Personal Records. The tapes were clearly Personal Records as a memoranda to be used for history, not as a means of documenting the functioning of the office.
End of his term which was January 20, 2021. The PRA is fine and the time frame is clearly defined, the FPOTUS choose to ignore it.
WW
I hope you and Barr are right, that Trump is toast. I know Trump's kids have had enough of politics.
Trump will test your theory on the Clinton tapes based on Fitton's advice on the tape precedent.

2. When I read this timeline it shows that Trump just never understood his legal limitations.

3. When I see how the FBI/DOJ went after Trump "hammer & tong" for any illegality and then see the double-standard used for the Biden Crime Family it makes me root for Trump.

I hope you and Barr are right, that Trump is toast. I know Trump's kids have had enough of politics.
Trump will test your theory on the Clinton tapes based on Fitton's advice on the tape precedent.

2. When I read this timeline it shows that Trump just never understood his legal limitations.

3. When I see how the FBI/DOJ went after Trump "hammer & tong" for any illegality and then see the double-standard used for the Biden Crime Family it makes me root for Trump.
I find neither worth rooting for.

Nah, still driving bro…..”debate” on these boards is now long gone.
You, a young Canadian guy, and I, lost a debate against cpwill over the Fair Tax. That was over twenty years ago and we still don't use the Fair Tax system.

That's a good example of how important debate really is.

You, a young Canadian guy, and I, lost a debate against cpwill over the Fair Tax. That was over twenty years ago and we still don't use the Fair Tax system.

That's a good example of how important debate really is.
I’m 100% American …

I'll try again: You, I, and a young Canadian guy...
Don’t remember that specific one, but that board was pretty good until they imploded….from there, message boards are not about actual conversation anymore….it’s just a race to see how quickly one can piss off the other side.

9iouy1flcf8b1.jpg

Forum List

Back