Is it time for a Peace and Prosperity Party?

jwoodie

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2012
[I was going to suggest a Peace and Freedom Party, but that name has already been co-opted by a group of left-wing radicals who actually support foreign wars and domestic censorship.]

There seems to be a growing divide in the U.S. over two major issues: Peace vs. War and Prosperity vs. Government Regulation. While the latter is largely defined by political affiliation, the former holds some promise of breaching that distinction. True Liberals are being driven towards Libertarianism, while devout Conservatives are questioning governmental authority as never before. Could Trump's populism and RFKjr's honesty be harnessed to the same band wagon? Isn't it time for a new Third Party to unite these traditional adversaries into a viable political alternative to the moneyed establishment parties?

What do you think?

[I was going to suggest a Peace and Freedom Party, but that name has already been co-opted by a group of left-wing radicals who actually support foreign wars and domestic censorship.]

There seems to be a growing divide in the U.S. over two major issues: Peace vs. War and Prosperity vs. Government Regulation. While the latter is largely defined by political affiliation, the former holds some promise of breaching that distinction. True Liberals are being driven towards Libertarianism, while devout Conservatives are questioning governmental authority as never before. Could Trump's populism and RFKjr's honesty be harnessed to the same band wagon? Isn't it time for a new Third Party to unite these traditional adversaries into a viable political alternative to the moneyed establishment parties?

What do you think?

I think we’ve already become Babylon. Most of our population have turned their backs on God and have made up their own rules of right and wrong. The only hope for this country is a return to being a God-fearing country that is a nation of laws. If that is going to happen it needs to happen quick.

If you look at the countries such as Canada which has never been to war in this century I think that last war was when the US tried to take it over in the 1800's when they made it to Quebec. I guess the US was afraid that Canada as a British colony was to close to them even though some were from other contrives like France.
During the COVID issues, they did not allow foreigners into the country unless they were vaccinated.

Iceland is another one , well they have no army but they did join NATO. Smart move pay them to do the fighting.

small population = low crime

Welfare and Universal health care

jobs are good

Nice summers and springs. Only downside is the cold. 32 F is to cold for me.

Last edited:
I think we’ve already become Babylon. Most of our population have turned their backs on God and have made up their own rules of right and wrong.
main-qimg-89b7a3a658da45c530ff4fc92eaa0f1f-lq

How many indictment does he have to have before you realize you're supporting a criminal?
The only hope for this country is a return to being a God-fearing country that is a nation of laws. If that is going to happen it needs to happen quick.
Oh you mean one where the loser of an election leans on election officials to "find" him some votes?

As far as the OP goes... saying you're the "peace" party is quite different than the cowardice party. Trump was a coward as President. This is why he didn't end any wars; he knew it would be messy and he didn't have the stomach to call families and break the bad news that their daughter or son were killed. That would make him unpopular and he wouldn't be in a position to simply dismiss the concerns of a grieving family.

As far as the OP goes... saying you're the "peace" party is quite different than the cowardice party. Trump was a coward as President. This is why he didn't end any wars; he knew it would be messy and he didn't have the stomach to call families and break the bad news that their daughter or son were killed. That would make him unpopular and he wouldn't be in a position to simply dismiss the concerns of a grieving family.
What a joke. He drew down the military forces in Iraq and Afghanistan to 2500 troops and was ready to withdrawal. He got rid of ISIS by cutting their Obama funding.

If you look at the countries such as Canada which has never been to war in this century I think that last war was when the US tried to take it over in the 1800's when they made it to Quebec. I guess the US was afraid that Canada as a British colony was to close to them even though some were from other contrives like France.
During the COVID issues, they did not allow foreigners into the country unless they were vaccinated.

Iceland is another one , well they have no army but they did join NATO. Smart move pay them to do the fighting.

small population = low crime

Welfare and Universal health care

jobs are good

Nice summers and springs. Only downside is the cold. 32 F is to cold for me.
Canada has not been at war? Yet Canada allowed 100's of thousands to die under Canada's watch in Rwanda

Canada put a drunk coward in charge of a UN mission and when that drunk general needed help, Canada did not send troops.

What do you think?
What do I think? What pops out at me the most is people who are blind to tyrant dictators trying to take over the world and peace people being OK with letting them do it.

"Peace and Prosperity" is how they used to rate political administrations back in the late 19th and early 20th century. Trump passed the test in his four years but Biden seems to be having a problem. The dirty little secret is that 3rd party advocates today seem to be democrats who are smart enough to question Biden's agenda but not smart enough to vote republican.

Canada has not been at war? Yet Canada allowed 100's of thousands to die under Canada's watch in Rwanda

Canada put a drunk coward in charge of a UN mission and when that drunk general needed help, Canada did not send troops.

At war means attacked by another nation or has attacked another nation.

Still you got it wrong and placing blame on the Canadians.

you seem to refer to a NATO peace keeping mission during the Rwanda Civil War. This was part of NATO and they had rules that had to be followed. Rules of engagement that had to be followed as established by NATO. Canada troops were not allowed to use force military force and rules of engagement were specific as this was a NATO operations.

I am assuming your referring to the massacre.

In January 1994, Roméo Dallaire sent a message to senior officials at UN headquarters in New York, warning that a genocide was likely and asking permission to take preemptive action. However, his warning went unheeded.

the mandate was specific and they did not have enough troops or equipment to prevent the massacres,
Yet Dallaire and his peacekeepers worked courageously for weeks, helping countless individual Rwandans and foreign nationals to find safety or to escape the country.

Now you know the real story but if you have some different source please post it. They did not have the support or mandate to engage. They did what they could.

Last edited:
I read the stories online after it happened. It is well know that Romeo Dallaire is battling alcoholism, and it is certainly easy to see why he would drink as hundreds of thousands died while he was in charge

Source, me, I read the stories. As time goes by, it is harder to find these old stories with a google search. This LA Weekly story tells a bit, but not all.

I read the stories online after it happened. It is well know that Romeo Dallaire is battling alcoholism, and it is certainly easy to see why he would drink as hundreds of thousands died while he was in charge

Source, me, I read the stories. As time goes by, it is harder to find these old stories with a google search. This LA Weekly story tells a bit, but not all.

It does mention drinking after he left the country. Story implies that he felt sadness for not being able to do anything as he was following orders. It bother him to the point of drinking. and probably ruin his life. He did what he could and he appears to have been able to same some lives.

Four months after taking up the mission, he fell apart under the strain and was relieved of his command. Back in Montreal, he was found passed out on a park bench, dead drunk; later, he made two attempts to kill himself and was subsequently treated for posttraumatic stress disorder.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back