Is it really THIS easy to let Biden off the hook?

With all do respect, normalization of this behavior is a problem for the country. I'd recommend you avoid contributing to the problem.
True. Literally tens of people visit this site. At least a handful get outraged at what they see here.

The New Republican's only defense is to be offensive, something they excel at.
what i find offensive is a siting president using his office to raid the home of political rivals…and have a history of stealing classified documents, converting them to “personal files” and allowing unclassified crack heads access to them

what i find offensive is a siting president using his office to raid the home of political rivals
In reality a Judge in good standing signed the search warrant for the document is Trumpyberra's possession.
and have a history of stealing classified documents, converting them to “personal files”
Offensive speculation.
” and allowing unclassified crack heads access to them
More of the same as above. Parroting the Neo-GOP offensive talking point

And that's a big change from the years up until TRUMP! came on the scene. Before that, they tried to be statesmen and always ended up playing defense. Now, it looks like they're willing to get in the mud where the democrats have always been.
Nah, look at the futile House investigations from 2011 to 2016 into every leaf the fell from the Obama tree. Not a single conviction but plenty of useful talking points for 2016.

That's it? He just has to say "i messed up" and its all good? If he just "owns it" all is forgiven and the national security threat stuff is water under the bridge? Does that work for you democrats?
First, to take page one of the Trump playbook. As long as Biden is the sitting president, DOJ policy is that he is immune from indictment. And to take another page from the Trump playbook, the clock will run out (statute of limitations) long before Biden leaves office. In fact, the clock has already expired. And of course there's page three from the Trump playbook. The president has the power to, and can declassify anything.

Last edited:
It's funny that every defense of Trump is equally a defense of Biden. Trump's supporters said that he could make any record a personal document by deeming it so.

Biden could do the exact same thing.
Do you remember when they found classified documents among the 30 million pages of presidential records in a chicago warehouse run by the National Archives?

Republicans tried to blame Obama, and investigate him for that.

It's cute how you brush off your own hypocrisy.
What hypocrisy? I don't recall saying we should let TRUMP! off the hook because reasons and feelz. I'm letting the whole thing play out to see what actually happened, if charges are levied, etc. In this case, I've been pointing out that Quid Pro's defenders do one of two things:

1. They insist that because TRUMP! had documents that we need to stay outraged at him and I guess forget about Quid Pro.
2. They claim it's no big deal because Quid Pro didn't know he had the documents, somebody else packed them up and took them to his house and that's supposed to let him off the hook. I keep asking, if that's the case, then why is no one even curious about WHO has been handling these classified documents and WHY did they think it was right to send them with Quid Pro? In addition, I ask why no one in the government seems to be even curious about why they were missing for years with no one even noticing. I get no response to that, because everyone is so worried about protecting Quid Pro that they don't even think about that.

Also, we're on a political debate board and hypocrisy abounds. Everyone is willing to excuse politicians they favor for doing the same things they excoriate other politicians for doing. In this case I am almost literally LOL because of the whiplash people must be experiencing as they veer from, "Oh meh gerd, TRUMP! is deh evul. He took papers!" to "Well, everybody does it, maybe Quid Pro didn't even know he had them. Hey, I know, let's talk about TRUMP! instead. Besides, Jan 6". Anything to excuse Quid Pro. So, sure, if you want to accuse me of hypocrisy, go ahead. I'm still going to point out when Quid Pro's sycophants (you know who you are) can't defend him without invoking TRUMP!. I think it's hilarious.

First, to take page one of the Trump playbook. As long as Biden is the sitting president, DOJ policy is that he is immune from indictment. And to take another page from the Trump playbook, the clock will run out (statute of limitations) long before Biden leaves office. In fact, the clock has already expired. And of course there's page three from the Trump playbook. The president has the power to, and can declassify anything.
Unfortunately, Quid Pro wasn't president when he took the documents. And we all know this will never result in him doing the perp walk in handcuffs. That's just not going to happen. At most it will just add to the embarrassment that is the Quid Pro presidency and maybe result in tighter controls around classified documents.

This is not the first time classified info has been mishandled. Hillary was famous for having classified emails stored on an unsecured server. TRUMP! had to put an extra lock on the door where he was storing some, and now we find that Quid Pro took some when he left office. The fact that no one in Washington even noticed for 6 years is troubling.

It's funny that every defense of Trump is equally a defense of Biden. Trump's supporters said that he could make any record a personal document by deeming it so.

Biden could do the exact same thing.
Not when he took them, he couldn't. He could now because he's president, but that doesn't cover for when he took them as ex-VP.

Nah, look at the futile House investigations from 2011 to 2016 into every leaf the fell from the Obama tree. Not a single conviction but plenty of useful talking points for 2016.
And it will continue to get worse, because Republicans got tired of being pushed around by democrat bullies. Heck, they couldn't even practice for a softball game without getting shot at. Like I said, it's going to get worse.

Not when he took them, he couldn't. He could now because he's president, but that doesn't cover for when he took them as ex-VP.

Under an Obama-era executive order that retained a Bush-era order, vice presidents have the authority to classify and declassify documents — just like presidents. There is some ambiguity about whether they have the power to order departments and agencies to declassify material deemed secret by those agencies, but the scope of this power has never been tested. In January 2023, after news broke that federal documents pertaining to U.S. President Joe Biden's tenure as vice president were uncovered at his former office and Delaware home, critics pushed the erroneous notion that he didn't have the authority, while serving under Obama, to declassify those files. Nonetheless, the matter was irrelevant to the U.S. Department of Justice's review of Biden's handling of such files.

And it will continue to get worse, because Republicans got tired of being pushed around by democrat bullies. Heck, they couldn't even practice for a softball game without getting shot at. Like I said, it's going to get worse.
When the Neo-GOP weaponizes News and pretend that the Democrats somehow sanctioned that crazy fuk.

Now this.

Jan 16 (Reuters) - An unsuccessful Republican state House candidate in New Mexico was arrested on Monday and accused of orchestrating recent shootings at four local elected officials' homes, the Albuquerque Police Department said.

Police said on Monday they had arrested Solomon Pena, 39, and accused him of conspiring with, and paying, four other men to shoot at the homes of two county commissioners and two state legislators, all Democrats. Police said they had evidence Pena had fired some shots.

When the Neo-GOP weaponizes News and pretend that the Democrats somehow sanctioned that crazy fuk.

Now this.

Jan 16 (Reuters) - An unsuccessful Republican state House candidate in New Mexico was arrested on Monday and accused of orchestrating recent shootings at four local elected officials' homes, the Albuquerque Police Department said.

Police said on Monday they had arrested Solomon Pena, 39, and accused him of conspiring with, and paying, four other men to shoot at the homes of two county commissioners and two state legislators, all Democrats. Police said they had evidence Pena had fired some shots.

Oh my. A STATE house CANDIDATE is a bad guy so ALL republicans are assholes.

Got it.

You have way too much time on your hands.

This is not the first time classified info has been mishandled. Hillary was famous for having classified emails stored on an unsecured server. TRUMP! had to put an extra lock on the door where he was storing some, and now we find that Quid Pro took some when he left office. The fact that no one in Washington even noticed for 6 years is troubling.
You seem to be downplaying the important differences between Hillary, Joe and Donald.

At worst, Hillary and Joe had classified material out of carelessness. At best Donald had them because he intentionally took them, and refused to give them back.

what i find offensive is a siting president using his office to raid the home of political rivals…and have a history of stealing classified documents, converting them to “personal files” and allowing unclassified crack heads access to them
….and then calling his political “irresponsible” while he himself is sitting on boxes of classified documents, in multiple unsecured places, while his druggie son gets filthy rich.

You seem to be downplaying the important differences between Hillary, Joe and Donald.

At worst, Hillary and Joe had classified material out of carelessness. At best Donald had them because he intentionally took them, and refused to give them back.
Just a reminder.

Hillary had them on a private server. When they were subpoenaed, she had them deleted.

Joe had them for 6 years with no explanation to date other than "carelessness". Sure. He was careless andd that is OK for the now sitting president

Donald admitted to having them and wanted to keep them but never transferred them and left them where the FBI knew they were

Under an Obama-era executive order that retained a Bush-era order, vice presidents have the authority to classify and declassify documents — just like presidents. There is some ambiguity about whether they have the power to order departments and agencies to declassify material deemed secret by those agencies, but the scope of this power has never been tested. In January 2023, after news broke that federal documents pertaining to U.S. President Joe Biden's tenure as vice president were uncovered at his former office and Delaware home, critics pushed the erroneous notion that he didn't have the authority, while serving under Obama, to declassify those files. Nonetheless, the matter was irrelevant to the U.S. Department of Justice's review of Biden's handling of such files.

It's really a moot point if Quid Pro hasn't tried to claim he declassified anything, but I appreciate the info.

Forum List

Back