Is it possible to simplify bills in congress so it's easier to gain bipartisan support and action on specific issues?

All of your success points were BS. Those are not/were successes, it's your ideological bias coming through.
wow! Talk about bias! So I guess having record low unemployment was not a success. Seeing real wages rise was not a success. Controlling the surge of illegals (compare to what’s happening now, under Biden!) was not a success. Cutting off aid to HAMAS was not a success. I could go on and on, but one thing I find is that those on the far left can’t admit any of Trump’s successes.

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are written in such plain and straight forward language.

That was probably the last attempt at government being plain and straight forward.

And in all fairness, things are a lot more complicated than they were 250 years ago.

I teach elementary children and have for better than 25 years. There is much wisdom in keeping things simple. It is not for dullards. I think being with children and being able to keep the main thing the main thing is keeping me sane right now.

There isn't just one alternative. There are many different possibilities when it comes to how we can approach these problems. We need to be optimistic and open-minded, not pessimistic defeatists.

This thread is a microcosm as to why it will not ever get any better. Even on a topic we all more or less agree on, people still have to defend their side to the bone and attack the other side

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are written in such plain and straight forward language.

That was probably the last attempt at government being plain and straight forward.

And in all fairness, things are a lot more complicated than they were 250 years ago.
The Constitution is plain and straight forward? This coming from a Leftists like yourself who says that the Constitution is a living breathing document that should change with the times? This coming from a Leftists that tries to either convince us that the Second Amendment was not intended to allow people to own guns like they do now, or it should be repealed altogether? So if the Second amendment was not about letting people own guns today, why has it been allowed all this time until today? LOL.

Leftists don't even like the First Amendment as they constantly try to curtail freedom of speech and the freedom to assemble and the freedom of religion, etc. In fact, about half of America now wants to repeal freedom of speech thanks to the rise of the Left in the US.

Talking about being straight forward with the Constitution, just ask what James Madison meant by his General Welfare clause that the Left uses to create a never ending expansive government to meet the never ending problems we face as a society.

Here is what he wrote about his onw General Welfare clause

James Madison Quote​

“If Congress can employ money indefinitely to the general welfare, and are the sole and supreme judges of the general welfare, they may take the care of religion into their own hands; they may appoint teachers in every State, county and parish and pay them out of their public treasury; they may take into their own hands the education of children, establishing in like manner schools throughout the Union; they may assume the provision of the poor; they may undertake the regulation of all roads other than post-roads; in short, every thing, from the highest object of state legislation down to the most minute object of police, would be thrown under the power of Congress... Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundations, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.”​

So I guess consider yourselves subverted from the original intent of government

It does not get any more straight forward, but people like yourselves spend all y our time muddying the waters to get what you want.

Again, you're looking at an administrative nightmare in both paperwork and budgeting. Would you rather look at one bill spanning 700 pages or 700, one page bills?
And one politicians pork may be another politicians basic survival needs. Therein lies the rub. The differences in ideology and priorities.
It doesn't have to be one or the other. Limits can be placed and enforced. If we took the time and made the effort to sit down and communicate, perhaps some NEW ideas would emerge. We used to be able to do that, back when we were exceptional.

This thread is a microcosm as to why it will not ever get any better. Even on a topic we all more or less agree on, people still have to defend their side to the bone and attack the other side
Either a miracle happens and the Article V movement is able to be a check and balance on Congress or Congress will continue to muzzle and beat down the populace who will all be labeled domestic terrorists.

It's just that simple.

And no, Trump is not the answer to any of this.

Open your eyes!

It isn't just liberals silly one! Conservatives are just as bad, (or worse!) :D
OMG! In my financial career since Reagan's first term, what I have seen with libs versus cons..........................LOLOL

Thousands of homes I have spent hours at each helping them improve their financial lives.

People tell you everything about their lives except their shit and piss schedules.......lololol

I am such a people person everything is confessed to the confessor

The most intricate details of a life. Pull a credit report, you know a lot. You know their balance sheets, cash flows....................You know more than their GD mothers do

Have you that experience???.Have you done financial work for around 1000 black clients and families.........HMMMM.HMMMMM

I seen shit you don't even know about on the human condition

I am not being arrogant, just confident

It doesn't have to be one or the other. Limits can be placed and enforced. If we took the time and made the effort to sit down and communicate, perhaps some NEW ideas would emerge. We used to be able to do that, back when we were exceptional.
Well, in fairness, we DO communicate. We just have differing ideas on what should be priorities should be. Those are based on ideological and political beliefs. So, in the end, it almost always descends into tribalism. Those who have, are not willing to consider the plight and the situations of those who have not, and those who have not will be criticizing those who have for not be forward thinking enough to consider their plight. A rising tide does indeed lift all boats. However, those boats that are secured with the proper anchorage and strong lengths of rope will survive. Those boats that aren't, get smashed against the rocks, flooded, or sunk. :)

How do we solve this? I don't think it can be solved. One side or the other gains enough of a majority to enforce its will and policies on the other, and that's that for at least a generation or two.

Either a miracle happens and the Article V movement is able to be a check and balance on Congress or Congress will continue to muzzle and beat down the populace who will all be labeled domestic terrorists.

It's just that simple.

And no, Trump is not the answer to any of this.

Doubtful there will be a miracle, they have been working specifically to divide us since 1992 for the very reason of making sure nothing threatens the duopoly.

We would have to stop fighting each other, stop thinking the other side is pure evil in order for something like this movement to happen....what are the chances of that?

Another example of the problem.
No I was pointing it out.................What 20 million to teach African males to clean their swinging dicks?????

Think we could have spent it on the homeless puking overdose on passing strangers

My God you people are so GD destructive

Unless conservative states are able to manage their conservative affairs and liberal states are able to manage their affairs, what we will have every Presidential election is half the country wanting to secede from the Union.

This is because the Executive Branch was not meant to rule and reign over all policy as it does now. In fact, it's the only way to stop the division nation wide.

Then again, the Progressive approach is simply to use the media and academia to indoctrinate the conservative states into submission

I suppose that could work as well and seems to be working well.

Never mind. I reckon just continue our present course until the nation goes bankrupt.

Well, in fairness, we DO communicate. We just have differing ideas on what should be priorities should be. Those are based on ideological and political beliefs. So, in the end, it almost always descends into tribalism. Those who have, are not willing to consider the plight and the situations of those who have not, and those who have not will be criticizing those who have for not be forward thinking enough to consider their plight. A rising tide does indeed lift all boats. However, those boats that are secured with the proper anchorage and strong lengths of rope will survive. Those boats that aren't, get smashed against the rocks, flooded, or sunk. :)

How do we solve this? I don't think it can be solved. One side or the other gains enough of a majority to enforce its will and policies on the other, and that's that for at least a generation or two.
Well, that goes back to my earlier point about how we allow our system to incentivize our "leaders" to behave tribally.

I admit that I'm less positive than ever that we'll fix this, but I don't think there is no answer. Fix the system. But the American people simply don't have the will to do what it takes. We can tell you who won "Dancing With the Stars™", but watching the ends of our political spectrum flush us down the toilet doesn't get a rise out of us.

No I was pointing it out.................What 20 million to teach African males to clean their swinging dicks?????

Think we could have spent it on the homeless puking overdose on passing strangers

My God you people are so GD destructive
And again. "You people".

Simplistic, incurious, narcissistic tribalism is killing us. Congratulations. You're getting your way.

The thing is we can get other parties on the tickets it's just a lot of work.

All we have to do is get the work done. It's going to have to start at the state level then move into the federal
The way the state legislatures have purposely set up their electoral college votes, for a Winner to take all of them, makes it near impossible if not completely impossible, to win.

Only two states kept their elector votes the way they were initially cast, where the electors are allotted proportionally to the candidates, reflecting their citizen's vote.

The other 48 states changed to the Winner takes all the electors.

Third party candidate Ross Perot, got something like 20% of the people's vote yet, got ZERO Electoral college votes.

Rs and D's in state legislatures covered their rear ends, set it up purposely to make it impossible for a third party to be meaningful.

Well, that goes back to my earlier point about how we allow our system to incentivize our "leaders" to behave tribally.

I admit that I'm less positive than ever that we'll fix this, but I don't think there is no answer. Fix the system. But the American people simply don't have the will to do what it takes. We can tell you who won "Dancing With the Stars™", but watching the ends of our political spectrum flush us down the toilet doesn't get a rise out of us.
For the populace to know how to fix a system, it would behoove them to be educated about it, something academia does a piss poor job doing

As a result, the populace has been conditioned to look to one man for all their problems, who is the President of the United States, as if he were a king. That is why most people don't even vote UNLESS it is for the President who is expected to wield unchecked power to fix everything. But this conditioning is by design because Progressive who run media and academia have a general disdain for the Constitution and Federalism. For those who don't know, Federalism is a concept whereby the country is not run by the President, rather, it is mostly run by the states overseen by the Federal government who are suppose to be the referees of the states and not the one running with the ball. As it stands now, the Federal government runs with the ball with no referees on the field except for the one running with the ball.

And again. "You people".

Simplistic, incurious, narcissistic tribalism is killing us. Congratulations. You're getting your way.
When I say, "You libturds"....I don't mean every libturd...........I by default go by the 80-20 rule.

What do you think I would say to a libturd who is so disappointed in Biden. givem a hug and welcome them to a much better life
A life where your first don't wake up with the first thought....................RACIST TRUMP

You are part of the 80%

What do you think I say to Bush Conservatives?????????????........................Eat shit and die

The thing that would most inform us about a bill would be an open debate on the floor, that is not being allowed. Everything is being filibustered now.

Why dont you simply agree with him - if you agree - that spending money teaching african men how to clean their penis is a waste of American tax dollars?

Forum List

Back