Is it ok for Google to contribute to any politican?

Yes or no.
You conservitards really need to rethink that whole Citizens United thing.

Funny how you thought it was a good think when the Koch Bros were dumping buckets of money over your candidates but don't think it's so grand when it's on the other side of the aisle.

Just for the record I have said it was a bad idea all along and still think it is even if my "side" may be benefitting from it for a change.

The bucket of money a Koch brother can dump on a candidate is no bigger than the bucket you or I have.
Wrong. So wrong it seems you are being deliberately misleading. There are other ways to financially support a chosen candidate than direct contributions. You know this as well as I.

Please tell us.
Are you trying to say you've never heard of PACs?

Of course.
This election you can give $2800 to a nonmulticandidate PAC, $5000 to a multicandidate PAC.

Yes or no.

Funny how you thought it was a good think when the Koch Bros were dumping buckets of money over your candidates but don't think it's so grand when it's on the other side of the aisle.

Just for the record I have said it was a bad idea all along and still think it is even if my "side" may be benefitting from it for a change.
It's not even about citizen united. Would you want contributors of Donald Trump running Google, Yahoo, Microsoft amazon?
It is about citizens United and I think I made it pretty clear I don't support it from either side of the aisle.
I'm not talking about citizens united this thread isn't about citizen united.
So don't dodge my question Would you want contributors of Donald Trump running Google, Yahoo, Microsoft amazon?
This thread is all about citizens United, why are you trying to say it's not?
Dude I'm the author of this thread not you so stop dodging the question
Would you want contributors of Donald Trump running Google, Yahoo, Microsoft amazon?

Yes or no.

The bucket of money a Koch brother can dump on a candidate is no bigger than the bucket you or I have.

Can you fund a PAC for $50 million? The Koch Brothers can and do.
You do realize the KOCH brothers are antitrumpers?
They weren't in 2016.
Yes they were

Would you want contributors of Donald Trump running Google, Yahoo, Microsoft amazon?

I don't want any corporate entity supporting any politicial activity.

It was the conservatives who pushed for and got Citizens United passed and blessed by SCOTUS. Now you have buyer's remorse?

Would you want me a trump supporter controlling what is allowed on the internet owning google or working for google?

It was the conservatives who pushed for and got Citizens United passed and blessed by SCOTUS. Now you have buyer's remorse?

Would you want me a trump supporter controlling what is allowed on the internet owning google or working for google?

I just answered you.
Why do you keep asking the same question?

You are not a very smart person. Google does not control what is allowed on the internet. The internet is a big, wide open place.

Amazon gives almost equally to both parties...

upload_2019-8-11_11-50-20.png

You are not a very smart person. Google does not control what is allowed on the internet. The internet is a big, wide open place.

Google as with any search engine does control what is on the internet.

I just answered you.

ok so you have no problem with me a trump supporter controlling what you view on the internet? I don't believe it but what ever.

View attachment 273913

and your point? nowhere does that address anything in this thread.

You are whining about “what of” Amazon gave to Trump when in reality they give to both parties equally.

Google as with any search engine does control what is on the internet.

No, they do not control what is on the web. Google has no say in me starring a webpage and putting whatever I want on it. There is nothing they could do to stop me.

View attachment 273913

and your point? nowhere does that address anything in this thread.

You are whining about “what of” Amazon gave to Trump when in reality they give to both parties equally.

Just because individuals equal support a candidate from those who control information on the internet doesn't mean I agree with that I don't so stop dodging I take it you wouldn't care if it was just 50 trump supporter controlling what information you had on the internet?

As long as we're going to allow money to pollute & distort politics, and as long as we refuse to require term limits, this is going to happen.

We can bitch and moan about it all we want, but we're ignoring the bigger picture. We're certainly good at that.

I strongly disagree with you on term limits, Mac. You need people with experience on how the government works to get things done. Term limits throw those people out as soon as they get to the point where they could get anything done.

If you get the money out of politics with both spending limits on candidates, as well as donation limits on individuals and banning PAC's altogether, you won't need term limits. It's the obscene amounts of money needed to run for public office that are poisoning the well, and keeping politicians beholding to the biggest donors.

Citizen's United needs to be legislated out of existence, but political lobbying and fundraising is now a big bucks industry with its own lobbyists. Any time you have billionaires spending $50 million dollars funding one party, it's not healthy at all. How much more is it worth to these people to make these kinds of investments? What are these people getting in return for their money? Is it any wonder that the working people of America have been consistently screwed over since Republicans took control of the economy under Ronald Reagan?

In Canada, we had a system whereby our taxes funded the election campaigns. About $2 per person. The parties received the election money according to the number of votes received. Of when the Conservatives won the election, they cancelled this funding, and sadly, the Liberals haven't reinstated it. But it was VERY effective keeping votes from being bought by moneyed interests. Once Conservatives killed the program, wages stagnated and the wealth gap increased.
How do you know that? If all of the political class had term limits they night actually work together better and the government would not be bloated either. We genuflect to lifetime politicians now. We even use their deaths to get the other side angry like McCain's farewell tour that lasted a year. What have Pelosi, Cummings and Nadler really do in recent years if not decades except to steal from the peasant while blaming the rich.

I just answered you.

ok so you have no problem with me a trump supporter controlling what you view on the internet? I don't believe it but what ever.

That is not what I said, dope.
No one "controls"what you see on the internet.

I just answered you.
That is not what I said, dope.
No one "controls"what you see on the internet.
Yes they do google controls what's viewed on it's search engine

Forum List

Back