Is it ever ok to have an Abortion?

Everyone on death row is presumed innocent, but yet we kill innocent children in the womb as if they were a cancerous tumor. Like that.
sorry but everyone on death row was proven guilty by a jury,,,
Ever been on a Jury?

what does that have to do with your incorrect statement???

everyone on death row has been proven guilty by a jury,,,and yes sometimes they get it wrong,,,
correct me, then. What was incorrect about it?
I JUST DID!!!!!,,,
now stop being an ignorant bitch and go away,,,
Really?
YEAH REALLY!!! what cant you read???

now shut up and go away

Everyone on death row is presumed innocent, but yet we kill innocent children in the womb as if they were a cancerous tumor. Like that.
Ever been on a Jury?

everyone on death row has been proven guilty by a jury,,,and yes sometimes they get it wrong,,,
I JUST DID!!!!!,,,
Really?

now shut up and go away
I love being lectured to by pedantic pricks, do go on.

I read this article about a mother who found out in her second trimester that the fetus had a condition that was preventing its bones and brain to grow. The doctor told her that the baby would likely not survive the term of her pregnancy and there was a risk to her health so she decided to terminate. I’m curious about what the pro-lifers think about this. Should this be legal or illegal?

I think I probably represent the most extreme edge of opposition to abortion. (Though it does seem quite odd to me that my position ought to be the one considered the one that is “extreme”, given that it is the position most solidly rooted in common decency and common sense.) I consider it to be nothing less than the intentional killing of an innocent human being, and therefore something that should be absolutely illegal, and subject to the harshest of penalties up to and including the death penalty; except under conditions comparable to those under which homicide would otherwise be justifiable.

That said, I think the conditions described here, in the OP, would meet the circumstances under which it is justifiable. Perhaps not under the strictest application of my ethical principles, but allowing for some practical considerations, it is difficult to justify denying a woman the ability to protect herself from a credible risk of serious harm, for the sake of the life of another person who is almost certain to die anyway. Better one person dead, and another healthy, than one person dead, and another either also dead or seriously harmed.

Killing an innocent human being is never, ever, OK, but there are some circumstances under which the alternative is even less OK.

Ever been on a Jury?

I JUST DID!!!!!,,,
Really?

now shut up and go away
I love being lectured to by pedantic pricks, do go on.
I'm not lecturing you I'm correcting you,,,
now stop being a ditsy broad and shut up,,,

There are only 2 outcomes to an ectopic pregnancy:

1. Nothing is done, the woman dies or if she's lucky and lives, she's infertile permanently.
2. An abortion is performed. The woman lives to have children later.

There are over 65 thousand American women who face that each year.

The anti choice people would force those women to die.

I don't think there's anyone more extremely opposed the the cold-blooded murder of innocent children than I am, and even I am not opposed to it under such extreme conditions as an ectopic pregnancy, where the child is almost certain to die anyway, and the mother is at great risk of serious harm or even death if the pregnancy is allowed to continue.

Who is it that you are claiming would prefer that a mother die under those circumstances, than that she be allowed the abortion that would save her life?

I read this article about a mother who found out in her second trimester that the fetus had a condition that was preventing its bones and brain to grow. The doctor told her that the baby would likely not survive the term of her pregnancy and there was a risk to her health so she decided to terminate. I’m curious about what the pro-lifers think about this. Should this be legal or illegal?

I'm not an expert on Catholicism, but my father was. He once told me that back in the day when abortions were illegal except in cases where the mother was in mortal danger, the Catholic Church would occasionally give dispensations for situations like you just described.

So if it is good enough for the die-hard Catholics, it's good enough for me.

I have been pro choice all my life.

1. Nothing is done, the woman dies or if she's lucky and lives, she's infertile permanently.

My favourite "idiot right" anti-abortion law was the southern state that wanted the emergency room doctors to reimplant the zygote in an ectopic pregnancy.

If Hitler had been aborted. If say, Chas Manson had been executed, How many tears would you have shed?

You cannot predict, before someone is even born, what they will do with their life, or what impact they will or will not have on others.

You're talking about putting people to death for crimes that you think they might commit in the future. Under all accepted standards of criminal justice, you don't get to punish a criminal, much less put one to death, for a crime, until that criminal has, in fact committed a crime, and been proven guilty of so doing.

Beside, although this is an argument for another discussion, I very much doubt that preventing Hitler from being born would have made much difference. I see him, really, as someone who was little more than a figurehead for a movement that was going to happen with or without him. If Hitler had never been born, then the Nazis would still have risen to power in Germany, they still would have tried to conquer all of Europe, and perhaps even set their sights on conquering the rest of the world after that, and they still would have carried out the massive effort for which they are most infamous, of trying to exterminate Jews and other untermenschen. I think history would have played out pretty much the same as it did, with only minor variations, due to different influences, from a different leader in Hitler's place.

And now, so many decades later, I think the only difference that Hitler never having been born would make is that we wouldn't have Volkswagen. The KdF-Wagen, which gave rise to Volkswagen, was one of Hitler's pet projects.

Last edited:
True. I've also known people that have had kids that they horribly killed or that those kids murdered others. Brings us back full circle. Abortion or the Death penalty, I'm good with either.

If Hitler had been aborted. If say, Chas Manson had been executed, How many tears would you have shed?

You cannot predict, before someone is even born, what they will do with their life, or what impact they will or will not have on others.

You're talking about putting people to death for crimes that you think they might commit in the future. Under all accepted standards of criminal justice, you don't get to punish a criminal, much less put one to death, for a crime, until that criminal has, in fact committed a crime, and been proven guilty of so doing.

Beside, although this is an argument for another discussion, I very much doubt that preventing Hitler from being born would have made much difference. I see him, really, as someone who was little more than a figurehead for a movement that was going to happen with or without him. If Hitler had never been born, then the Nazis would still have risen to power in Germany, they still would have tried to conquer all of Europe, and perhaps even set their sights on conquering the rest of the world after that, and they still would have carried out the massive effort for which they are most infamous, of trying to exterminate Jews and other untermenschen. I think history would have played out pretty much the same as it did, with only minor variations, due to different influences, from a different leader in Hitler's place.

And now, so many decades later, I think the only difference that Hitler never having been born would make is that we wouldn't have Volkswagen. The KdF-Wagen, which gave rise to Volkswagen, was one of Hitler's pet projects.
No, I didn't say that,YOU said that.

True. I've also known people that have had kids that they horribly killed or that those kids murdered others. Brings us back full circle. Abortion or the Death penalty, I'm good with either.

I'm all for putting criminals to death, after they commit serious enough crimes, and have been sufficiently proven guilty of having done so.

But to suggest that putting innocent children to death on the basis that they •MIGHT• grow up to be criminals is justifiable, is just sociopathic and outright evil. If anything, by making such a statement, you prove yourself far worthy of being put to death, than any of the children whose executions you are thus approving.

I have been pro choice all my life.

Which is why I’d like to hear what a pro lifer has to say about this kind of scenario
I am a pro lifer, but if there was true evidence the baby would not survive , she should terminate, for the mother will probably miscarry (God's way) at home which would be more dangerous than terminating the pregnancy.

Unfortunately folks such as yourself, find articles like this where abortion may be a viable option then turn it around and suggest all abortions should be acceptable. If you're not bright enough to distinguish the difference, you should keep it in your pants.

Last edited:

No, I didn't say that,YOU said that.

And juries are wrong at least 10% of the time.
Like broken clocks, at least they are right twice a day.

Aborting Hitler likely would have made little difference.
The military industrial complex of Germany was looking for a candidate and they picked Hitler, but they likely have hundreds of similar candidates, some of whom likely would have been even worse.

And executing Charles Manson would have been totally wrong no matter how guilty Manson was. That is because the only excuse for killing someone is defense of rights of others, and once Manson was discovered and arrested, you don't defend anyone with an execution any more. So then it is not in defense, but instead just a desire. And if you let government or anyone kill whom they desire, you have the worst imaginable government.

Forum List

Back