Is homosexuality a choice, a mental illness or something simply inherent?

I'm not a psychologist, and I don't know the answer. (I'm pretty sure psychologists don't know the answer either.)

All I can do is guess.

But what about this scenario:

A boy is raised normally, and in all likelihood will develop into a normal, heterosexual man.

But when he's 9 or 10 years old, he's sexually abused a number of times by a twisted uncle.

This changes his course, and he winds up being homosexual.

Was he born homosexual? No.

Did he choose to be homosexual? No.

This is an (imaginary) guess at a way a person can turn out homosexual, while neither being born that way nor choosing that "lifestyle" either.

I believe 100% that it is a choice, because one can "live without it" or rather that it is not a bare necessity at all, (food, shelter, etc) therefore it is a choice coming from the mind. I believe a person may "struggle" with it as I also believe it is a form a lust and lust is definitely a choice also which can also become a temptation, just as there are many "lust/fleshly" choices including fornication. (sex before holy matrimony)

Please know that my reply is not to put down or attack any homosexuals personally, as the Good Lord knows I've struggled and struggle with my own things I've done wrong or sinned. Daily I ask Him for forgiveness even in my mind, as we all fall short.

But overall, I believe it's a choice and goes directly along with these verses in The Bible and that it is a sin against God/how He created us to be and He wants to restore us from things like this:

When one reads all these verses very carefully, even asking God for help to read them if needed, it becomes clear that it's a "lust" which is a "choice".

[MENTION=25198]Marie888[/MENTION]
What makes homosexuality lust?

Please see the verses, especially verses 27. His Word talks specifically about it.."burned in their lust one toward another;"
So if you are homosexual and don't "burn in your lust" it's all good than? Thanks. ;)

I'm not a psychologist, and I don't know the answer. (I'm pretty sure psychologists don't know the answer either.)

All I can do is guess.

A boy is raised normally, and in all likelihood will develop into a normal, heterosexual man.

But when he's 9 or 10 years old, he's sexually abused a number of times by a twisted uncle.

This is an (imaginary) guess at a way a person can turn out homosexual, while neither being born that way nor choosing that "lifestyle" either.

I think there is a flaw in your theory. How would anybody know that a 9 or 10 year old was going to be heterosexual or homosexual? Most homosexuals have a normal life, I know I did.

I don't think you should talk about logic until you understand it completely. A flaw in logic doesn't render the argument false unless the opposition has a logically flawless argument.

You just made the fallacy fallacy, look it up. ;)

Seriously?

Are you saying that if both sides use a fallacy neither side is using a fallacy? How does that work in your world?

By the way, I took your advice and looked up fallacy fallacy just to be sure I remembered it right, it turns out I did.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/the-fallacy-fallacy

Since I never actually claimed that your argument was false just because you used a fallacy, I didn't commit a fallacy fallacy.

All I did was point out that your definition of fallacy was wrong.

Hold on, did inevitable just commit a fallacy fallacy fallacy or only misapply the fallacy fallacy. (I'm really hoping for the fallacy fallacy fallacy just because I think that would be something worth seeing.)

Lol.
People that talk about things they don't understand are the funniest.
The fallacy fallacy is an argument from fallacy. Or argumentum ad logical. Look it up, educate yourself, or continue being a boob in a world where we have round the clock access to the biggest amount of knowledge ever to exist FOR FREE.

All I can do is guess.

I think there is a flaw in your theory. How would anybody know that a 9 or 10 year old was going to be heterosexual or homosexual? Most homosexuals have a normal life, I know I did.

Most 9-10 year olds develop into normal heterosexual men.

Suppose one of those got abused as I said?

All I can do is guess.

BOTTOMLINE= WE ALL CHOOSE TO LIVE IN SIN OR NOT TO LIVE IN SIN. DOING ACTS OF SEXUAL PERVERSION IS CHOICE,A VERY POOR CHOICE WITH A VERY HIGH COST! Think!

All I can do is guess.

not sure that would make him grow up to be gay.

BOTTOMLINE= WE ALL CHOOSE TO LIVE IN SIN OR NOT TO LIVE IN SIN. DOING ACTS OF SEXUAL PERVERSION IS CHOICE,A VERY POOR CHOICE WITH A VERY HIGH COST! Think!
600px-Aripiprazole2D1.svg.png

There is plenty of actual anecdotal evidence that points to abused children become gay abusers. If it's homosexual in nature than their abusive nature is also homosexual in nature.

Ex-Homosexuals Offering Truth and Hope
By Bill Muehlenberg

There is nothing that the homosexual lobby hates more than the reality of ex-homosexuals. Just as Islam cannot stand anyone who leaves the religion, treating them as apostates worthy of death, and just as any ex-atheists are treated like the plague by other atheists, so too are any former homosexuals.

The militant homosexual activists pour out their greatest hatred, scorn and derision (which they seem to have huge supplies of) on anyone who dares to celebrate his freedom from the dangerous homosexual lifestyle. They absolutely go ballistic when a person bravely and courageously renounces this dead-end lifestyle and moves on to liberty and freedom, wholeness and life.

This outpouring of diabolical hatred and bile is explained quite easily. One, homosexuals of course deep down know they are living a lie, and that what they are doing is unnatural, unhealthy and wrong. So they utterly hate it when anyone points out these simple truths to them.

Two, when homosexuals turn their lives around and find healing and freedom as they go back to the way they were intended to be, their very lives are a massive antidote to the lies and indoctrination campaigns of the activists that homosexuals are born that way and cannot change.

This is the biggest myth of all in the homosexual community, and when it is proven to be utterly false, with real life stories of those who most certainly have left the lifestyle, then the activist will foam at the mouth in rage that their entire agenda has been caught out.

Indeed, to challenge the claims of homosexual immutability is to challenge the entire homosexual edifice - the foundation has been irrevocably undermined, and the whole house of cards must come crashing down. So no wonder the militants hate all those who have found new life, cleansing and restoration.

By Bill Muehlenberg

There is nothing that the homosexual lobby hates more than the reality of ex-homosexuals. Just as Islam cannot stand anyone who leaves the religion, treating them as apostates worthy of death, and just as any ex-atheists are treated like the plague by other atheists, so too are any former homosexuals.

The militant homosexual activists pour out their greatest hatred, scorn and derision (which they seem to have huge supplies of) on anyone who dares to celebrate his freedom from the dangerous homosexual lifestyle. They absolutely go ballistic when a person bravely and courageously renounces this dead-end lifestyle and moves on to liberty and freedom, wholeness and life.

This outpouring of diabolical hatred and bile is explained quite easily. One, homosexuals of course deep down know they are living a lie, and that what they are doing is unnatural, unhealthy and wrong. So they utterly hate it when anyone points out these simple truths to them.

Two, when homosexuals turn their lives around and find healing and freedom as they go back to the way they were intended to be, their very lives are a massive antidote to the lies and indoctrination campaigns of the activists that homosexuals are born that way and cannot change.

This is the biggest myth of all in the homosexual community, and when it is proven to be utterly false, with real life stories of those who most certainly have left the lifestyle, then the activist will foam at the mouth in rage that their entire agenda has been caught out.

Indeed, to challenge the claims of homosexual immutability is to challenge the entire homosexual edifice - the foundation has been irrevocably undermined, and the whole house of cards must come crashing down. So no wonder the militants hate all those who have found new life, cleansing and restoration.
I have nothing against ex gay people. It's a free country, you want to be exgay, be ex gay, more power to you.

I simply don't feel that it is wrong. And I don't buy the religious spin saying that it is. So it's nit the proper path for all of us.

I do get a little irritated when people say "you can heal" when there isnothing to heal from. ButI have no animosity what so ever toward ex gays. I don't see why anybody would or that anybodydoes.

By Bill Muehlenberg

I have nothing against ex gay people. It's a free country, you want to be exgay, be ex gay, more power to you.

I simply don't feel that it is wrong. And I don't buy the religious spin saying that it is. So it's nit the proper path for all of us.

I do get a little irritated when people say "you can heal" when there isnothing to heal from. ButI have no animosity what so ever toward ex gays. I don't see why anybody would or that anybodydoes.

It's a genetic defect and someday we'll find the switch and permanently fix the problem.

There is plenty of actual anecdotal evidence that points to abused children become gay abusers. If it's homosexual in nature than their abusive nature is also homosexual in nature.

Anecdotal – not systematic, not objective, not documented, and not accepted as fact.

By Bill Muehlenberg

It's a genetic defect and someday we'll find the switch and permanently fix the problem.
I am notso sure it is genetic.

Anecdotal – not systematic, not objective, not documented, and not accepted as fact.
Yeah, anecdotal evidence isn't really confirming. After all there isplenty of anecdotal evidence that Elvis is alive and well.

Forum List

Back