Is America

Well written and fairly accurate article Grump. Thanks for posting it. I agree, it is not all trump, but he has certainly been a spark to kick it into high gear toward going off the track completely. We need a statesman at the helm of the ship of state, not a divide and conquer opportunist. I hope the Biden Administration hits the ground running and can work with individuals of good conscience and common sense on both sides of the aisle to get back on track.

Well written and fairly accurate article Grump. Thanks for posting it. I agree, it is not all trump, but he has certainly been a spark to kick it into high gear toward going off the track completely. We need a statesman at the helm of the ship of state, not a divide and conquer opportunist. I hope the Biden Administration hits the ground running and can work with individuals of good conscience and common sense on both sides of the aisle to get back on track.
You don't think that Obama was a divide and conquer opportunist?
He could have written a book on it. Don't expect Biden to do much other than
taking orders from those behind the curtain.
But, yes, America is in trouble by both the democrats AND republicans.
They haven't been servants of the People for decades. The people are servants of the politicians.
How else can a person get elected into office with very little cash and come out a millionaire?

They haven't been servants of the People for decades. The people are servants of the politicians.
How else can a person get elected into office with very little cash and come out a millionaire?
And I'm trying to figure out how it happened.

I believe that lobbyists wield a great deal of power on Capital Hill.
Find out when that started and you will find the beginnings of the erosion

No. I do not think Obama was a divide and conquer opportunist. He was ok at the job, not a shining star, but not a divider or destroyer as we have now. Show me what he took other than book royalties and speaking fees, as well as his wife also writing a best seller. I am a white guy in the south. They did not alienate me and his being in office gave me the breathing room to get my financial house back in order so I could retire in comfort, as I was supposed to be able to after 40 plus years making my way on my own.

No. I do not think Obama was a divide and conquer opportunist. He was ok at the job, not a shining star, but not a divider or destroyer as we have now. Show me what he took other than book royalties and speaking fees, as well as his wife also writing a best seller. I am a white guy in the south. They did not alienate me and his being in office gave me the breathing room to get my financial house back in order so I could retire in comfort, as I was supposed to be able to after 40 plus years making my way on my own.
You are delusional.

‘We’re going to punish our enemies and we’re going to reward our friends’ … then I think it’s gonna be harder.”

Speaking of lobbying, did you hear about Abramoff becoming the first lobbyist to be prosecuted under the Abramoff Law today. Karma is a bitch sometimes. Very funny. :)
DOJ files charges against disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff

Speaking of lobbying, did you hear about Abramoff becoming the first lobbyist to be prosecuted under the Abramoff Law today. Karma is a bitch sometimes. Very funny. :)
DOJ files charges against disgraced lobbyist Jack Abramoff
It's a start or it's a token, one of the two.

I was a big Obama supporter. These are small matters but well within (as opposed to beyond) the pale of graft but here it goes:

Vacations in Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii. While it is true he is from Hawaii and 24/7/365 Secret Service security isn't cheap, visiting 8 times in 8 years when he hasn't lived there for most of his adult life is a bit of an eyebrow raiser. The trips to Martha's Vineyard...yikes. I have never been there but can you imagine how much it costs to put up 100 staffers at the local Hampton Inn. I'm certainly not one who thinks the President of the United States should never get a vacation but visit the Smoky Mountains or Yellowstone or the Badlands etc... To me this seemed excessive.

The second thing I was going to bring up was that supposedly, Obama's Mother In Law will get a pension of $160,000 per year. It turns out that was false.

You are delusional.

‘We’re going to punish our enemies and we’re going to reward our friends’ … then I think it’s gonna be harder.”
If you think that is what Joe Biden is going to do, than you are the one that is delusional.

I was a big Obama supporter. These are small matters but well within (as opposed to beyond) the pale of graft but here it goes:

Vacations in Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii. While it is true he is from Hawaii and 24/7/365 Secret Service security isn't cheap, visiting 8 times in 8 years when he hasn't lived there for most of his adult life is a bit of an eyebrow raiser. The trips to Martha's Vineyard...yikes. I have never been there but can you imagine how much it costs to put up 100 staffers at the local Hampton Inn. I'm certainly not one who thinks the President of the United States should never get a vacation but visit the Smoky Mountains or Yellowstone or the Badlands etc... To me this seemed excessive.

The second thing I was going to bring up was that supposedly, Obama's Mother In Law will get a pension of $160,000 per year. It turns out that was false.

Meister had made the point that they came into office and went out millionaires nefariously. Unlikely the first 4 years of Obama travel comes up to the first 4 years of trump and trump likes to go to trump properties, even planning state events at trump properties in this country and others. Certainly no bargain for the American people. Obama's travel certainly is not graft or attempted graft that put money in his pocket to make him a millionaire, and that is what I was responding to.

Meister had made the point that they came into office and went out millionaires nefariously. Unlikely the first 4 years of Obama travel comes up to the first 4 years of trump and trump likes to go to trump properties, even planning state events at trump properties in this country and others. Certainly no bargain for the American people. Obama's travel certainly is not graft or attempted graft that put money in his pocket to make him a millionaire, and that is what I was responding to.

To me, that's a bit of a distinction without a difference. I think you're right about the direct "cashing in" on his office. But by the same token, I don't think you can discount that the trips to Hawaii and Martha's Vineyard were a bit of cashing in on the position and the title.

Good stuff.

A failing state. Yes.

Silly stuff. The US is going through a tough time now because of the virus and the damage it has done to our economy, but while the BLM riots make sensational headlines, they are only the result of Democratic politicians exploiting the insecurities of black Americans in the hope it will help them in the election. Before the virus hit, America was doing great and the Democrats hated it, and now America is suffering, and the Democrats are loving it. Once we have a vaccine and effective treatments for the virus, America will be back on track if the Democrats can be kept from screwing things up to badly in the meantime.

To me, that's a bit of a distinction without a difference. I think you're right about the direct "cashing in" on his office. But by the same token, I don't think you can discount that the trips to Hawaii and Martha's Vineyard were a bit of cashing in on the position and the title.

Good stuff.
No doubt about it. The job has perks, always has.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

America MUST divorce. The 2 sides are too polarized to ever find common ground again. This will only lead to bloodshed. Our elected leaders, on both sides, need to draft a viable plan to split this country in two and move their ideological constituents to the appropriate side. Then we go our separate ways. If we do not, the conflict is going to increase until we are outright shooting eachother in Civil War 2.0.

The damage has been done by Pelosi, Harry Reid , Bill Clinton, Hillary, Obama, Maxine Waters , Warren and AOC OWS, ANTifta , ..... BLM

No turning back now this is war

The damage has been done by Pelosi, Harry Reid , Bill Clinton, Hillary, Obama, Maxine Waters , Warren and AOC OWS, ANTifta , ..... BLM

No turning back now this is war
Good luck with that. Send me a picture and I'll avoid damaging you unless you assault the home place.

Oh, yes, the United States of America is becoming a failed state.

It was inevitable from the day in 1619 when people from a faraway continent were forced to come here as unpaid workers.

Even Abraham Lincoln, before he became president, admitted that the differences in culture between two certain ethnicities were too wide to ever be bridged.

So this nation, I feel, will continue to wobble until the end of this century and then collapse.

Forum List

Back