Is America a GREAT nation?

Do you consider America a great nation?

• Yes!

• No!

• I lack the courage to make my opinion public.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Damn straight we are!

What many of the dimwits don't understand and want to demolish is that nowhere else in the world can you question or voice your disagreement with said government. A right to do so, protected by law.
The ability to say horrible racist shit and no one dare question you has never been a constitutional right.

and actually it is...…….called Freedom of Speech
Everyone else has freedom of speech as well but you can't take the blow-back when you say ignorant shit.

Not going there today, so just move along

Damn straight we are!

What many of the dimwits don't understand and want to demolish is that nowhere else in the world can you question or voice your disagreement with said government. A right to do so, protected by law.
The ability to say horrible racist shit and no one dare question you has never been a constitutional right.

Translation...…..'Trump is a dictator'???

Wrong...……..he may or not have it right but those Constitutional Rights that allow you to think so, complain about, and protest over represent a much larger platform than who's in office at the time.
Did I say anything about Trump? The only people who are complaining about not being able to say things anymore are propagandists and racists getting a gentle slap on the wrist by social media companies.

Strange...…..I had meant the right of you to voice your complaints with said government......and you've turned it around, trying to make it something it wasn't intended.

But hey...…..you still have that right. Go pick a fight with someone else.

It's time people start coming together on what we have in common, rather than continue fighting over differences. Step back, open your eyes to the bigger picture of what this country is really all about.
I say what I want about the government and it's usually bad. No one has shown up to take me away yet. Not sure what you are complaining about if it's not the world of social media getting harder on liars and haters.

Apparently a lot of foreigners disagree with you, they try hard to get here in various ways, risking their very lives to move here from their oppressive nations, Mexicans are a great example of a people who enter America legally or not, set up a lot of businesses and enjoy the better life America offers.

No. They come here for the ECONOMY and nothing else. They refuse to embrace AMERICAN values, ethics, morals and language. Instead they insulate themselves in ethnic communities and then tell actual Americans that we need to accommodate their culture, language, etc...

Those immigrants are part of whst has brought this country down. As for the population issue... no sane ANERICAN wants to bring children into the world in a nation as disgusting as this one.

Last edited:

25,000 died for our Independence
110,000 Union soldiers died to give freedom to those enslaved

Damn straight we are!

Everyone else has freedom of speech as well but you can't take the blow-back when you say ignorant shit.
no other country on the planet has free speech,,,

Apparently a lot of foreigners disagree with you, they try hard to get here in various ways, risking their very lives to move here from their oppressive nations, Mexicans are a great example of a people who enter America legally or not, set up a lot of businesses and enjoy the better life America offers.

No. They come here for the ECONONY and nothing else. They refuse to embrace AMERICAN values, ethics, morals and language. Instead they insulate themselves in ethnic communities and then tell actual Americans that we need to accommodate their culture, language, etc...

Those immigrants are part of whst has brought this country down. As for the population issue... no sane ANERICAN wants to bring children into the world in a nation as disgusting as this one.

It isn't that simple, Mexicans come here because where they live they can't thrive under the repressive government they live under, a place where they lack property ownership protection, and lack educational opportunities, and the drug crime.

Here is an article that looks beyond your simple single issue argument.

Why do so many Mexican immigrants come to the United States?
By Daniela Grava, Medill, Immigrant Connect

Excerpt:

After being deported for being an undocumented Mexican immigrant, Elvira Arellano has returned and is seeking asylum in Chicago for herself and her US-born son. Why did she come to the United States in the first place, and then return after being turned away? Like many other Mexican immigrants, not necessarily for the American dream.
The “American dream” is an ethos steeped in American lore that became popularized in the 1930s. It is the bedrock belief that one can achieve success through hard work and initiative with the economic opportunities provided here.

Since Mexican immigrants make up a large portion of the US’s immigrant population, it is assumed that the American dream is the driver of the influx, regardless of immigration laws and policy. In 2015, about 11.6 million immigrants from Mexico resided in the US, accounting for more than 1/4 of all US immigrants, according to American Community Survey (ACS) data. Although attaining the American dream is the reason many come to the United States, it is not the only one.

There are various pull and push factors that determine why a Mexican citizen would choose to come to the United States. Some pull factors that make the US appealing include access to better healthcare and quality education, large existing communities of Mexican immigrants, family reunification, and more job opportunities. These factors are correlated with the economic benefits of the American dream. Some push factors that compel a Mexican citizen to leave his or her home country include high crime rates, drug trafficking, unemployment, poverty, and climate hazards that lead to water shortages.

LINK

=====

You seem to have a low opinion of a people who have a lot of good reasons to enter America.

NO. This is no longer a great nation. It was once the greatest nation in the history of the world but that America is little more than a footnote in history at this point in time. Nor do I see this country returning to that label of greatness any time soon.

American citizens have been BELOW population replacement rate for years, but population grows significantly BECAUSE of immigration flow, that is how beloved America is in the eyes of many who come here.

You nailed it...but you are ass backwards and twisted as fuck.
It is foreigners and wetbacks in particular whom have ruined this once great nation. Population and GDP are gained at the compromise of quality of life...Look at all of our shithole big cities...they all look good on a spreadsheet....all are overpopulated filthy shitholes with thousands of homeless crawling the streets.

Of course the USA is a great nation. It is great but not perfect. It is comprised of human beings so it has made mistakes. Its genius is its ability to change. With the big exception of the Civil War, the nation has made its changes peaceably if not without some strife and protests.

After WWII, this country ushered in a period of relative calm and order in the world. I know there there have been local wars, strive, famine and such since that time, but no world wars or major conflicts.

It is all the more ironic that the greatest threat to the international system that was set up by the US after WWII and that has led to our prosperity seems to be coming from this country. To be specific from the current WH occupant. I am a fervent believer the USA must remain strong. The world needs a strong America.

But I digress. The USA is great and will always be so.

Last edited:

No. They come here for the ECONONY and nothing else. They refuse to embrace AMERICAN values, ethics, morals and language. Instead they insulate themselves in ethnic communities and then tell actual Americans that we need to accommodate their culture, language, etc...

It isn't that simple, Mexicans come here because where they live they can't thrive under the repressive government they live under, a place where they lack property ownership protection, and lack educational opportunities, and the drug crime.

Excerpt:

After being deported for being an undocumented Mexican immigrant, Elvira Arellano has returned and is seeking asylum in Chicago for herself and her US-born son. Why did she come to the United States in the first place, and then return after being turned away? Like many other Mexican immigrants, not necessarily for the American dream.
The “American dream” is an ethos steeped in American lore that became popularized in the 1930s. It is the bedrock belief that one can achieve success through hard work and initiative with the economic opportunities provided here.

Since Mexican immigrants make up a large portion of the US’s immigrant population, it is assumed that the American dream is the driver of the influx, regardless of immigration laws and policy. In 2015, about 11.6 million immigrants from Mexico resided in the US, accounting for more than 1/4 of all US immigrants, according to American Community Survey (ACS) data. Although attaining the American dream is the reason many come to the United States, it is not the only one.

There are various pull and push factors that determine why a Mexican citizen would choose to come to the United States. Some pull factors that make the US appealing include access to better healthcare and quality education, large existing communities of Mexican immigrants, family reunification, and more job opportunities. These factors are correlated with the economic benefits of the American dream. Some push factors that compel a Mexican citizen to leave his or her home country include high crime rates, drug trafficking, unemployment, poverty, and climate hazards that lead to water shortages.

LINK

=====

You seem to have a low opinion of a people who have a lot of good reasons to enter America.

Cool story...BUT we don’t really give two fucks about WHY they come to destroy our nation.

Here is an article that looks beyond your simple single issue argument

...You seem to have a low opinion of a people who have a lot of good reasons to enter America.

You know what... My relatives didn’t like the British governing the colonies. They didn’t run away like cowards. They killed their oppressors and founded this very nation. I have little use for those who want the rewards but are unwilling to put in the time and energy to earn them. Fix your problems, don’t run from them.

I have a low opinion of about 95% of humanity. For many and varied reasons.

Damn straight we are!

I meant here. See it all the time when some asshole says some stupid shit and they somehow feel like the resulting criticism or social media bans are an infringement on their right to free speech.

NO. This is no longer a great nation. It was once the greatest nation in the history of the world but that America is little more than a footnote in history at this point in time. Nor do I see this country returning to that label of greatness any time soon.

American citizens have been BELOW population replacement rate for years, but population grows significantly BECAUSE of immigration flow, that is how beloved America is in the eyes of many who come here.

You nailed it...but you are ass backwards and twisted as fuck.
It is foreigners and wetbacks in particular whom have ruined this once great nation. Population and GDP are gained at the compromise of quality of life...Look at all of our shithole big cities...they all look good on a spreadsheet....all are overpopulated filthy shitholes with thousands of homeless crawling the streets.

Those "overpopulated filthy shitholes" are dominated by leftists and negro blacks, NOT Mexicans who seem to prefer the smaller cities where their way of life is better accommodated.

I live in a region where a lot of Mexicans have displaced the black population BECAUSE they strive for a better life than the one they had in Mexico, they have long taken over Pasco Washington, but the city isn't a place crawling with homeless people, average crime stats, and the streets are clean.

Wetbacks is a bigoted statement, one I don't agree with, they work hard to have a place and eventually buy failing or failed businesses, remake it into a place where even white boys have no problem visiting, I particularly like Casa Chapala where I often chose the Macho Burrito, eating there occasionally enhances MY quality of life, so does eating at Wok King (Chinese) and award winning Sterling's restaurant for their excellent Omelets, and a Russian store where they sell excellent crème filled biscuits, and their ice cream. Four different nationalities who help enhance my quality of life through food.

Your bigotry is holding you back from appreciating what people of the world can offer.

Damn straight we are!

I meant here. See it all the time when some asshole says some stupid shit and they somehow feel like the resulting criticism or social media bans are an infringement on their right to free speech.
you dont have free speech on a private platform because they have rules, and as long as those rules are applied equally they are fine,,,

Excerpt:

LINK

=====

Cool story...BUT we don’t really give two fucks about WHY they come to destroy our nation.

Your hate is blinding you to something that has completely eluded you, your article doesn't seem to see it either.

The leftist party has made that state very attractive to illegal immigrants because they openly give them money and health benefits without hesitation. The problem is the long running leftist state government who recently gave them a lot of $$$.

I have NEVER supported illegal immigration, or want to freely give citizen like support, when they should be jailed or deported.

I consider it one of the greatest nations to ever exist if not the greatest.
Sure it has it's flaws and terrible blemishes but I defy ANY of you to point out any nation or human being who doesn't.

Hearing Trump recite bits of history last night renewed my faith in our great nation. Despite those men's flaws they rose above them to secure a better future for those that came after them. True America Patriots in every sense of the word.

It could be a great nation, but it has too many people like you in it which prevents this.

Forum List

Back