Is Afghanistan Obama's Vietnam?

Is Afghanistan Obama's Vietnam?

• Total voters
Does it really matter? Americans will be scarificed on the alter of Corporate greed in this war too. You are like sheep being led to the slaughter. Sad and pathetic, mindless sheep.

Afghanistan wouldn't be such a clusterfuck if Bush had actually gone after the perpetrator of 9/11 which was Osama Bin Laden, NOT Saddam Hussein.

Iraq was a war for oil and pride, plain and simple. Greenspan even said it was.

Nope, it's not Obama's 'Nam, it's Bush Jr. and Cheney's.

But, you already knew that inconvenient fact didn't you guys? Not my fault fucking 'tards like Midnight Masturbater choose to ignore it.

Hey ya big pink pussy, ever serve?

The war is now Obama's. He owns it, like he owns every thing else in his presidency. He needs to either man up or shut up. Blaming the previous administration shows a definite lack of leadership and political skill. ANd teh American people are getting sick of it, as we see from his plunging poll numbers.

You could leave out the "over Iraq war" and it would be 100%.
Democrats are the most hypocritical and cynical bunch out there. They supported Bush, until they didn't. They supported the war, until they didnt. They took control of Congress promising to do something. Then they passed 100+ non-binding resolutions when they had the power to end US involvement.
Now they elected someone who promised that Afghanistan was "the good war" the war worth pursuing. They all lined up behind him.
Now they are having second thoughts and the culprit, of course is BOOOSSHHHHH.

A party less fit to govern would be hard to imagine.

Last edited:
Afghanistan wouldn't be such a clusterfuck if Bush had actually gone after the perpetrator of 9/11 which was Osama Bin Laden, NOT Saddam Hussein.

Iraq was a war for oil and pride, plain and simple. Greenspan even said it was.

Nope, it's not Obama's 'Nam, it's Bush Jr. and Cheney's.

But, you already knew that inconvenient fact didn't you guys? Not my fault fucking 'tards like Midnight Masturbater choose to ignore it.

Hey ya big pink pussy, ever serve?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Memo to new employee.

Are you always an infantile, juvenile pissant? Could you possibly do any better regurgitating used up old, long-debunked talking points?

And again, I never claimed Afghanistan was "Obama's Vietnam." Clearly you have me confused with others. Lay off the bong for like, five minutes a day.

Hey.........laying the blame for the fuck up at the feet of Obama is wrong. He didn't start it, but he's working on finishing it.

I ask again........did you ever serve MM?

No major power has conquered Afghanistan for long. The Russians, who were right next door, failed. The Americans, who are thousands of miles away, will not succeed.
Whichever way he goes, Obama is screwed. If he pulls out it will send a message of victory to the Taliban and al Qaeda. If he stays he will find himself in an increasingly unpopular war with bigger casualties. I notice the press has not been reporting on casualties like they did in Iraq under Bush. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I tend to agree with most of your post, except the last part...I see headlines just about every day regarding casualties...here's what I see in the two top slots this morning...

• Two helicopter crashes in Afghanistan kill 14 Americans
• Iraqis angry at security lapse in deadly bombings

Make no mistake the same type of terrain will make a war with IRAN very costly both in lives and fortune.

That, and the fact they will be able to fuck with the flow of oil...bookmark this post...I'd predict at least $10 per gallon gasoline at the pump along with rationing.

Make no mistake the same type of terrain will make a war with IRAN very costly both in lives and fortune.

That, and the fact they will be able to fuck with the flow of oil...bookmark this post...I'd predict at least $10 per gallon gasoline at the pump along with rationing.

Iran's only source of hard currency is oil. So their ability to withold supplies is pretty limited.
And they are dependent on imports for gasoline.

Iran's only source of hard currency is oil. So their ability to withold supplies is pretty limited.
You appear to have missed my point...think in terms of fucking up the supply from others...we don't get our oil from them....get back to terrain and look at the geography...I'm referring to relatively flat terrain...granted, I'm taking a bit of liberty with the textbook definition in referring to water as such.

You appear to have missed my point...think in terms of fucking up the supply from others...we don't get our oil from them....get back to terrain and look at the geography...I'm referring to relatively flat terrain...granted, I'm taking a bit of liberty with the textbook definition in referring to water as such.

Do you really think the US is not capable of protecting shipping in the Gulf??:cuckoo:

Ever been out on the water Rabbi? Might wanna re-think that last statement..............

And, for the record, if we can't keep people coming over the southern border, what the fuck makes you think that we could take care of the Gulf?

Might wanna look into that a bit more dipshit.

Do you really think the US is not capable of protecting shipping in the Gulf??:cuckoo:
Sure...eventually...I haven't got into the number crunching in quite a while but if we go to war they do have the ability to turn the Straits into a hell of a mess for a while...how long?

Hmmm...ain't dealing with another war ravaged Saddam and his band of thugs...ain't talkin' about a bunch of opium farmers neither.

Crunch the numbers...consider how much of our supply comes through there...granted some may be offset by Canada et al, but at what price...supply/demand.

Now, how many barrels do we have in reserve? Any idea how many days at that rate of loss it would take for us to use them up...IF...the government would even allow its use considering their primary purpose is to supply the military...Iran, my friend, would be Obama's Nam...

:popcorn:

(1) In Vietnam we stayed in South Vietnam, we didn't really venture into (at least in great numbers) North Vietnam, Cambodia or Laos - We did however invade all of Afghanistan and Pakistan is finding them on their border.
(2) There is no big brother distractor in Afghanistan! North Vietnam had Russia and esp China. China is a big reason we never invaded North Vietnam like we needed to in order to win that war.
(3) Vietnam never attacked us, Afghanistan did.
(4) Technologies are different and 100 fold better
(5) Not Russia or China is directly arming the Taliban. Probably not even Iran! Anything they get is off the black market.
(6) In Vietnam we were fighting against a functioning North Vietanese government. With the Taliban we are fighting an insurgency group!
(7) The NVA and VC were able to exploit the village and get rice and food from them. Afghani farmers only make opium very little food!

Ever been out on the water Rabbi? Might wanna re-think that last statement..............

And, for the record, if we can't keep people coming over the southern border, what the fuck makes you think that we could take care of the Gulf?

Might wanna look into that a bit more dipshit.

I guess that last grease gun enema got into the brain.
If we could shoot people indiscriminately we'd have no problem policing the border here.

Forum List

Back