IRS and the Stimulus Check

garywilliams

Rookie
Apr 14, 2020
Business as usual
The federal government evidently is unaware or doesn't care that they are not only violating citizens civil rights while also exacerbating the problems coming from the coronavirus epidemic
Today I visited the website created by the Internal Revenue Service to check the status of my tax refund. The website provided a message stating I owed taxes from a previous year. In my defense my calculations show that I did not make enough to require me to file last year and the year before I would have been due a refund, but because of my current separation to my wife I left that to her. Everybody I think can agree we all tend to make mistakes. But who is that saying the Internal Revenue Service doesn’t? As a matter of fact, the prerecorded message that plays when you call the number provided states the lack of staff due to the coronavirus is the reason, they are not able to help you. So, it appears there is enough staff to take your money but enough to allow you to contest it. My civil rights are being denied by the Internal Revenue Service. They have alleged I owe back taxes. I followed the directions given by the Status of my Refund website. The answer I receive on the phone number supplied says they are not accepting phone calls. Being laid off due to corona virus and not qualifying for unemployment gives me a very short time to resolve this problem or I will become destitute. Does this also mean they can possibly take any stimulus money I would be eligible for? The current situation leaves me with no recourse. As they say I would like my day in court before it is to late. Imagine the effect this will have on families that live from paycheck to paycheck. Or would you rather increase the prison population?

Email
[email protected]

First of all is English your first or third language. Second, file tax returns each year no matter what, if you lost money or gain money. Sad but true, it alleviates a lot of illiterate, uneducated government bureaucrats thinking they found someone to audit.

I'm going to find some good causes to donate to with my check. My church, the food bank and I'm still thinking about others. I don't need that money at all. A lot of people I know feel the same way. So I guess it's going to be up to me to distribute this money where I think it can be better used, but it won't be to people who have wrecked their life by doing everything wrong. I'd say that's their families cross to bear. I'm also greedy enough to keep some for myself.

I'm going to find some good causes to donate to with my check. My church, the food bank and I'm still thinking about others. I don't need that money at all. A lot of people I know feel the same way. So I guess it's going to be up to me to distribute this money where I think it can be better used, but it won't be to people who have wrecked their life by doing everything wrong. I'd say that's their families cross to bear. I'm also greedy enough to keep some for myself.

I ain't getting squat ...absolutely do something good locally
My girl still kinda young ...her ex is not really a big earner...who also got laid off
Atleast he was ...was paying her mortgage...the smartest thing those two retards ever did was buy that house...

Just make sure that money is spent on things Made In The U.S.A. Even if it is just food made here.

Just make sure that money is spent on things Made In The U.S.A. Even if it is just food made here.

If that prerecorded message was made by somebody with an Indian accent telling you of a number to call after buying hundreds of dollars worth of iTunes gift cards, then don't give it another thought.

Forum List

Back