Iraq army to retake Mosul

The US has been training the Iraqi army for over a decade and all they did was mimic the French and drop their weapons and run.

So now the White House/Pentagon has come up with the brilliant idea of putting them thru a 90 day combat refresher course and sending them back into battle.

Sounds like a winner........ :thup:

The US has been training the Iraqi army for over a decade and all they did was mimic the French and drop their weapons and run.

So now the White House/Pentagon has come up with the brilliant idea of putting them thru a 90 day combat refresher course and sending them back into battle.

I'll believe it when I see it.

More likely, ISIS will occupy much of Baghdad.

Well you want them in good shape for running away in the future...

It's a good thing Buckwheat is announcing his intentions three months before the fact on account of we'll takes those bastards by surprise.

Well, Moe, I have heard two ideas on why the announcement was made.

1. The announcement was made to encourage the civilians to leave the City to avoid non-combatant casualties. ISIS will be too busy preparing for the invasion to stop the mass exodist. Mosul is a very densely populated city and street fighting could take its tole.

2. If ISIS knows they are so outnumbered, they may just leave or abandon their positions in the City.

Personally, I think the invasion will succeed. If it were only the Iraqi army, I would not. But with the Kurdish Peshmerga in the ranks, the city will be retaken and ISIS will be out of Iraq by the end of 2015.

It's a good thing Buckwheat is announcing his intentions three months before the fact on account of we'll takes those bastards by surprise.

Well, Moe, I have heard two ideas on why the announcement was made.

1. The announcement was made to encourage the civilians to leave the City to avoid non-combatant casualties. ISIS will be too busy preparing for the invasion to stop the mass exodist. Mosul is a very densely populated city and street fighting could take its tole.

2. If ISIS knows they are so outnumbered, they may just leave or abandon their positions in the City.

Personally, I think the invasion will succeed. If it were only the Iraqi army, I would not. But with the Kurdish Peshmerga in the ranks, the city will be retaken and ISIS will be out of Iraq by the end of 2015.

Thanks for that general. I'll assume your own frontline experience is the same as Great Leader's.

Shia will shit their pants and run again the first time a Sunni snarls.

Forum List

Back