Iowa Hawkeyes

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
I had pretty high hopes for this season. However, after watching them go down to Perdue and then Wisconsin, I knew they were way overrated at No. 2. A shame, the season before this one, that team would have had a good shot at the National Title this year.

Unfortunately, this just wasn't the year. They did find ways to win, but many of those wins were bumbling and stumbling wins as one sportscaster put it.

Even so. 10-2 in the Big Ten is a respectable season and if Minnesota defeats Wisconsin tomorrow, they will have the B10 West title.

The only real question is which bowl they'll get invited to.

I don't know how the Huskers lost today. I am speechless about this season.
They did find a way to give it to Iowa, didn't they?

Iowa looked really pathetic in the first half and until they blocked that punt, I had written the game off as a loss.

Full disclosure:

I was born in Iowa and so was My parents. But My dad was raised in a little town in Nebraska called "Hildreth" and was a life-long Huskers fan. He and I spent many wonderful fall days rooting against each other.

I don't know how the Huskers lost today. I am speechless about this season.
Iowa has a nice team but that was a rough loss for the Huskers, AGAIN. The powers of the universe seem to be against Scott Frost having a happy home in Lincoln. Maybe he'll end up back at UCF and create a dynasty. Or maybe he just got lucky there the first time.

I had pretty high hopes for this season. However, after watching them go down to Perdue and then Wisconsin, I knew they were way overrated at No. 2. A shame, the season before this one, that team would have had a good shot at the National Title this year.

Unfortunately, this just wasn't the year. They did find ways to win, but many of those wins were bumbling and stumbling wins as one sportscaster put it.

Even so. 10-2 in the Big Ten is a respectable season and if Minnesota defeats Wisconsin tomorrow, they will have the B10 West title.

The only real question is which bowl they'll get invited to.
All in all, it was a pretty good year for the Hawks, and it has a chance to get a lot better. Don't get too bummed, wrestling season is here.

Forum List

Back