Intermittent Fasting…….Does It Work?

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia

Yes, of course it works. But what cannot be stressed enough, it is not all about losing weight. Far from it.

The key benefit of I.F. is not weight loss, it is better overall health, longer lifespans, and one of the most effective ways to prevent disease. This is an excellent write up about I.F., and here is one key takeaway from the article:

David Sinclair, PhD who is a longevity researcher and expert at Harvard, and author of the book Lifespan states that there are 4 major things that impact longevity: 1) calorie restriction is the most robust, 2) then food quality, 3) then exercise, and finally 4) cold exposure.

Caloric restriction is the most effective of the 4 things that have the greatest impact on ones ability to live longer. What you eat is very important, and of course exercise, but many people don't know about how cold exposure, a low level stressor, can affect your health. It also burns the "unhealthy" fat, the white fat, while activating brown adipose tissue, the "healthy" fat.

I would recommend reading about Wim Hof and his cold exposure methods, and the benefits of this, for more information.

I fast from around 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 noon....about 16-17 hours a day. It's pretty easy. I'm not losing or gaining weight.
Absolutely, it works.

But then you gain weight back because you're so glad it's over. Like any diet.

If we could just solve that problem, I think intermittent fasting and Keto is absolutely the way to go.

Absolutely, it works.

If we could just solve that problem, I think intermittent fasting and Keto is absolutely the way to go.
I love Keto. It was the easiest weight loss method I've ever tried.

Yes, of course it works. But what cannot be stressed enough, it is not all about losing weight. Far from it.

The key benefit of I.F. is not weight loss, it is better overall health, longer lifespans, and one of the most effective ways to prevent disease. This is an excellent write up about I.F., and here is one key takeaway from the article:

David Sinclair, PhD who is a longevity researcher and expert at Harvard, and author of the book Lifespan states that there are 4 major things that impact longevity: 1) calorie restriction is the most robust, 2) then food quality, 3) then exercise, and finally 4) cold exposure.

Caloric restriction is the most effective of the 4 things that have the greatest impact on ones ability to live longer. What you eat is very important, and of course exercise, but many people don't know about how cold exposure, a low level stressor, can affect your health. It also burns the "unhealthy" fat, the white fat, while activating brown adipose tissue, the "healthy" fat.

I would recommend reading about Wim Hof and his cold exposure methods, and the benefits of this, for more information.
I suggest fasting on hot days.
Not eating when it's cold will make you susceptible to catching a cold or flu....because food is what heats your body.

Absolutely, it works.

So don't stop the fasting. I eat between noon and 8pm. Occasionally I will break my fast early, for a special occasion. But that is rare.

It is not a diet. It is a way of eating for life.

It’s pretty much been proven that eating many small meals through the entire day that are high in protein is the healthiest way to eat.

I did not eat yesterday. I am not eating today. I am really looking forward to dinner tomorrow.

Wow, that's intense. What is the reason for a 48 hr. fast?

Need to lose weight. It has been an ongoing struggle.

I had good results last year, and then slacked off. I am trying to get back into it.

I actually did two FIVE day fasts last year. In both of them, I actually cracked just a few hours before finishing.

My issue is weight. But I was wondering if there would be life extension benefits. Cause I do feel physically good when i do it.

So don't stop the fasting. I eat between noon and 8pm. Occasionally I will break my fast early, for a special occasion. But that is rare.

It is not a diet. It is a way of eating for life.
Of course you are right ---- that is what it should be.

Absolutely, it works.

People taking Diabetes drugs to lose weight will be the next big fad.

Intermittent Fasting…….Does It Work?​

Sometimes but slowly is best .A bit like sex .
Of course it does not work but it passes the time .

Intermittent Fasting…….Does It Work?​

Sometimes but slowly is best .A bit like sex .
Of course it does not work but it passes the time .

You should never rush major changes. Just like you should never rush sex.

Forum List

Back