Interesting article I found

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
This article actually dates back to the late 90s, except I had never read it before and found it interesting.

The Survival of the Left by Thomas Sowell

The survival of the left

The first paragraph was my favorite part of the article.

"BIOLOGISTS EXPLAIN how organisms adapt to their physical environment, but ideologues also adapt to their social environment. The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive."

"In the humanities, for example, the test of deconstructionism is not whether it can produce any tangible results but whether it remains in vogue. So long as it does, professors skilled in its verbal sleight-of-hand can expect to continue to receive six-figure salaries."

I looked around and the author has produced a lot more work. Here is a link to a video on another topic I liked:

Sowell is an 88 year old right winger. He's lucky he still remembers how to use a fork.

This article actually dates back to the late 90s, except I had never read it before and found it interesting.

The Survival of the Left by Thomas Sowell

The survival of the left

The first paragraph was my favorite part of the article.

"BIOLOGISTS EXPLAIN how organisms adapt to their physical environment, but ideologues also adapt to their social environment. The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work in order to survive."

"In the humanities, for example, the test of deconstructionism is not whether it can produce any tangible results but whether it remains in vogue. So long as it does, professors skilled in its verbal sleight-of-hand can expect to continue to receive six-figure salaries."

I looked around and the author has produced a lot more work. Here is a link to a video on another topic I liked:

Yeah, left wing things don't work, like the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights....... etc.

Whereas slavery, serfdom, yeah, they work.

Forum List

Back