infrastructure jobs are not the kinds of jobs we should be focusing on

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Infrastructure jobs do not provide long term job stability. As soon as that bridge is repaired the worker winds up right back in the unemployment line. Obviously we need to do some of these projects but they shouldn't be Obamas entire focus. We need job stability across all industries and constantly focusing on infrastructure just proves Obama is more interested in pacifying union leaders than he is actually helping the American people. In fact he just gave a speech about the transportation bill that's about to expire and guess who was at his side? ..... Trumpka

I'm not in a union and nor are most of my customers. And business is down dramatically and its not because some road has potholes in it.

Infrastructure is always a good investment and should take priority of Entitlements and give aways.

Republicans are so fucking stupid. Do they know how anything works? They breed like rabbits, but that's an accident about 90% of the time.

Let me try to explain using simple words.

If the bridge falls down, then people end up, not in the unemployment line, but in the morgue.

Also,

When a bridge is built connecting communities, economic opportunities increase. Why? Because the communities are connected.

It's the same for all infrastructure projects. These Republicans. Did they swallow "Dum Dum" pills?

• Banned
Its all things we will pay for sooner or later.

They are the best bet

As I said some things need to be kept up but just last month the govt paid to have my local neighborhood repaved. There was nothing wrong with our streets to begin with. They also repave our highways here in KC ever year weather or not its needed.

A COMPLETE WASTE OF OUR TAX DOLLARS

They are the best bet

As I said some things need to be kept up but just last month the govt paid to have my local neighborhood repaved. There was nothing wrong with our streets to begin with. They also repave our highways here in KC ever year weather or not its needed.

have you EVER asked them?

Infrastructure jobs do not provide long term job stability. As soon as that bridge is repaired the worker winds up right back in the unemployment line. Obviously we need to do some of these projects but they shouldn't be Obamas entire focus. We need job stability across all industries and constantly focusing on infrastructure just proves Obama is more interested in pacifying union leaders than he is actually helping the American people. In fact he just gave a speech about the transportation bill that's about to expire and guess who was at his side? ..... Trumpka

I'm not in a union and nor are most of my customers. And business is down dramatically and its not because some road has potholes in it.

Customers? I can't imagine what it is you sell.

Republicans are so fucking stupid. Do they know how anything works? They breed like rabbits, but that's an accident about 90% of the time.

If the bridge falls down, then people end up, not in the unemployment line, but in the morgue.

Also,

When a bridge is built connecting communities, economic opportunities increase. Why? Because the communities are connected.

It's the same for all infrastructure projects. These Republicans. Did they swallow "Dum Dum" pills?

At times you are a total waste of Band-width. Could you be more Incite-full? Hack.

Jmstile.com

I wonder if they think tax cuts build roads?

No. Magical democratic unicorns that shoot rainbows out of their asses create roads.

The gas tax pays for roads. Funny how we get all new roads here EVERY YEAR. Now imagine what those tax dollars could have accomplished had they not been wasted yet again on unneeded new pavement.

They are the best bet

There is truth in that. Certain gigs get the grease, certain get ignored or postponed.
Infrastructure is Truly General Welfare though, and justifiable at either the Local, the State, and or the Federal level, depending on what we are referring to. That said, there is no excuse for Incompetence, Corruption, or bait and switch when it comes to the spending of our tax dollars. We are agreed there.

Also,

At times you are a total waste of Band-width. Could you be more Incite-full? Hack.

Listen shit for brains. what would this country be without dams, bridges, railroads, airports, broad band, paved roads, an electrical grid......

All of those are infrastructure projects among others.

I swear Republicans goal is to return us to the stone age. What else could it be?

The Economist has a great article on the US infrastructure, Life in the slow lane. Contrary to the OP, the article points out several things.
One, the world is passing the US by regarding the state of this country's infrastructure. The US rates 23rd in the world in infrastructure quality.
"In 2005 Congress established the National Surface Transportation Policy and Revenue Study Commission. In 2008 the commission reckoned that America needed at least $255 billion per year in transport spending over the next half-century to keep the system in good repair and make the needed upgrades. Current spending falls 60% short of that amount."
"At the state and local level transport budgets will remain tight while unemployment is high. With luck, this pressure could spark a wave of innovative planning focused on improving the return on infrastructure spending. The question in Washington, apart from how to escape the city on traffic-choked Friday afternoons, is whether political leaders are capable of building on these ideas. The early signs are not encouraging.

Mr Obama is thinking big. His 2012 budget proposal contains $556 billion for transport, to be spent over six years. But his administration has declined to explain where the money will come from. Without new funding, some Democratic leaders have warned, a new, six-year transport bill will have to trim annual highway spending by about a third to keep up with falling petrol-tax revenues. But Republicans are increasingly sceptical of any new infrastructure spending. Party leaders have taken to using inverted commas around the word “investment” when Democrats apply it to infrastructure.

Roads, bridges and railways used to be neutral ground on which the parties could come together to support the country’s growth. But as politics has become more bitter, public works have been neglected. If the gridlock choking Washington finds its way to America’s statehouses too, then the American economy risks grinding to a standstill."

America's transport infrastructure: Life in the slow lane | The Economist

I think everyone should read this article, The Economist is a very conservative economic resource and is realistic in it's thinking.
The bottom-line, the US has NOT taken care of it's infrastructure. Funding for the US infrastructure is at historical lows. Not having a sound and up-to-date infrastructure costs lives. Not having a up-to-date infrastructure hurts the US economy and not solving this problem" the American economy risks grinding to a standstill".

The Economist has a great article on the US infrastructure, Life in the slow lane. Contrary to the OP, the article points out several things.
One, the world is passing the US by regarding the state of this country's infrastructure. The US rates 23rd in the world in infrastructure quality.
"In 2005 Congress established the National Surface Transportation Policy and Revenue Study Commission. In 2008 the commission reckoned that America needed at least $255 billion per year in transport spending over the next half-century to keep the system in good repair and make the needed upgrades. Current spending falls 60% short of that amount."
"At the state and local level transport budgets will remain tight while unemployment is high. With luck, this pressure could spark a wave of innovative planning focused on improving the return on infrastructure spending. The question in Washington, apart from how to escape the city on traffic-choked Friday afternoons, is whether political leaders are capable of building on these ideas. The early signs are not encouraging.

Mr Obama is thinking big. His 2012 budget proposal contains $556 billion for transport, to be spent over six years. But his administration has declined to explain where the money will come from. Without new funding, some Democratic leaders have warned, a new, six-year transport bill will have to trim annual highway spending by about a third to keep up with falling petrol-tax revenues. But Republicans are increasingly sceptical of any new infrastructure spending. Party leaders have taken to using inverted commas around the word “investment” when Democrats apply it to infrastructure.

Roads, bridges and railways used to be neutral ground on which the parties could come together to support the country’s growth. But as politics has become more bitter, public works have been neglected. If the gridlock choking Washington finds its way to America’s statehouses too, then the American economy risks grinding to a standstill."

I think everyone should read this article, The Economist is a very conservative economic resource and is realistic in it's thinking.
The bottom-line, the US has NOT taken care of it's infrastructure. Funding for the US infrastructure is at historical lows. Not having a sound and up-to-date infrastructure costs lives. Not having a up-to-date infrastructure hurts the US economy and not solving this problem" the American economy risks grinding to a standstill".

You would think infrastructure would be obvious to Republicans claiming they are so good at business. Guess not.

You get the private sector rolling again, the infrastructure projects Will follow. It's been happening here in Jefferson Parish where many of the major thoroughfares have been revamped as well as a new performing arts center and additions to our larger local parks.

China is building NEW infrastructure based on the need for it since they have to keep up with a massive population. Second I don't consider this a competition. We have to spend what money we have wisely. The feds distribute the money to the states and the states determine where the money will be spent. Thirdly I admit there are areas of concern but a one size fits all policy does not fit every states needs. As my state is proof. KC and St Louis absorbed much of the money alloted for infrastructure and wastes it yet rural areas are in decline. It's not a matter of lack of money in many cases so much as it is frivolously wasted.

Bottom line is this topics about our countrys desperate need for jobs not about the condition of our sewers. We need a well rounded jobs solution not jobs that expire when a certain project is done.

Jmstile.com

And your site is posted on the Internet? That's "Broadband". Which is "infrastructure".

What good is a "dream house" without roads or bridges to get materials on site?

Or electricity to light all those bulbs?

All "infrastructure".

You might want to "rethink" your position. Because the one you have now seems awfully stupid.

Forum List

Back