Ineffective ingredient could make Dayquil, Sudafed and others disappear from store shelves

Will you now run to the doctor with minor colds and the seasonal flu?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • It's just another attack on our personal freedom and choice.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
If people want to buy meds that do not work, they should be allowed to

You can still get the good stuff behind the counter without a prescription. You just can't get 10. The good stuff isn't being banned. Only the fake stuff.

It looks like we can say good bye to self medicating our colds and flu.
I avoid doctors at all costs. And I avoid over-the-counter medications as well. Eat right and take some vitamin-mineral supplements and all is good. But I'm still opposed to a handful of empty suits dictating what people can or can't do.

Last edited:

It's actually the modified versions of those drugs, without pseudoephedrine, which actually works.

They made versions with a replacement ingredient (which doesn't work for me) because too many people were robbing old Sudafed to make meth.

Well they took out the MOST effective ingredients years ago When they found out little old ladies and men were using nyquil, etc as sleep aids. Alcohol.

If people want to buy meds that do not work, they should be allowed to
/----/ WTF? They worked fine for me for years. Nyquil helped me sleep, and Dayquil allowed me to get in a full days work without dragging my feet. If they didn't work, I wouldn't have used them, you moron.

/----/ WTF? They worked fine for me for years. Nyquil helped me sleep, and Dayquil allowed me to get in a full days work without dragging my feet. If they didn't work, I wouldn't have used them, you moron.

They have more than one active ingredient. Are people really this fucking stupid?

It is not the phenylephrine that is helping you sleep when you take Nyquil...and normal Nyquil does not even have phenylephrine in it

One of Obama's early on missions was to ban OTC drugs and make them prescription only. I bet Big Pharma had something to say about that.
So who's the man behind the curtain now?
I can't believe you are still making up shit about Obama. You realize he hasn't been president for quite a while, don't you? Since you're in your "WAY BACK" machine anyway, how about a link to Obama banning OTC drugs.

I don't think that they will disappear. They may be classified with homeopathic drugs.
This drug and others like it have limited affects on my decongestant needs. The only thing that really works are nasal sprays. But, my wife says it works for her. Some drugs work and some don't. We know drugs have different affects on people including adverse reactions.
My feeling is that if someone thinks it helps and it isn't hurting anyone, let them take it.

I can't believe you are still making up shit about Obama. You realize he hasn't been president for quite a while, don't you? Since you're in your "WAY BACK" machine anyway, how about a link to Obama banning OTC drugs.
/—-/ Obama is running the Shite House right now. Deny it all you want.

Forum List

Back