Indigenous tribe wants there stolen land back that Ben and Jerrys built their Hq's on

tyroneweaver

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2012
Burley, Idaho
Last edited by a moderator:
My ancestors here stole others' lands and habitats. So did the Euro-Americans. The SCOTUS ruling against the Navajo Nation that denies the US government's duty to an "affirmative" obligation to provision and protect the Nation's water supply may be devastating.

LOL!
I am, I believe, mostly on yer side..but that map, oh my. You do know that you have tribes that never co-existed listed side-by-side, right.
Which makes sense, as the map is a list of linguistic groups..not really the same thing, boundary-wise..as different tribes may well belong to the same language grouping..and the names given may not correspond to historical presence of the tribes mentioned.

I would also mention that almost all of those groupings did, in fact, take the land from previous owners. As hunter-gatherers, migrations played a big part in who owned what..at any given time. This is history.

I give the US some credit..since we're one of the very few that ever gave a rat's ass about those they defeated and overran.

Not a lot of granting sovereignty and limited territoriality in history, just sayin'

Last edited:
Oh my, those required two sentences certainly drained yer brain...We know that once white people steal something they never give it back, but hey, don't you worry white folks gotta way outta sin with a messiah that forgives each and every sin, so it's ok.
are you white ?

Forum List

Back