Indian firms add £47.5bn & 110,000 jobs in UK

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
You are welcome you ungrateful Brits :)

---

The report, which confirms India is the third biggest investor in the UK economy, is called India meets Britain Tracker: The latest trends on Indian investment in the UK 2017.

Ahead of its formal release today, Grant Thornton's head of its south Asia group, Anuj Chande, said at a dinner in London last night: "The report recognises the enormous contribution made by Indian corporate to the UK economy."

He said: "Our report identifies there are around 800 Indian companies based here and the combined turnover is a staggering £47.5 billion - again a remarkable contribution to the UK economy."

He added: "In total these employ nearly 110,000 people. And the top nine account for nearly 80 per cent of the total."

The 55 fastest growing companies achieved an average annual growth rate of 31 per cent. Datamatics Infotech Limited topped the list with a growth rate of 103 per cent.

---

The report, which confirms India is the third biggest investor in the UK economy, is called India meets Britain Tracker: The latest trends on Indian investment in the UK 2017.

Ahead of its formal release today, Grant Thornton's head of its south Asia group, Anuj Chande, said at a dinner in London last night: "The report recognises the enormous contribution made by Indian corporate to the UK economy."

He said: "Our report identifies there are around 800 Indian companies based here and the combined turnover is a staggering £47.5 billion - again a remarkable contribution to the UK economy."

He added: "In total these employ nearly 110,000 people. And the top nine account for nearly 80 per cent of the total."

The 55 fastest growing companies achieved an average annual growth rate of 31 per cent. Datamatics Infotech Limited topped the list with a growth rate of 103 per cent.

Thanks for that. Brexit Britain still doesnt want any "darkies" coming in though.

---

Thanks for that. Brexit Britain still doesnt want any "darkies" coming in though.

I could never understand this irrational fear of us darkies. Some us are as harmless as teddy-bear.

---

I guess that explains this.

---

Indian doctors suffer bias within UK medical system

London, Apr 16: Doctors trained in countries like India are suffering from an inherent bias within the UK medical system, a new report has indicated.

An analysis of the UK's General Medical Council (GMC) data between 1996 and 2013 revealed that Indian doctors were five times more likely to undergo "performance assessments within the state-funded National Health Service (NHS).

The research conducted by University College London (UCL) and published in 'BMC Medical Education' journal recently concluded that doctors trained outside the UK had significantly higher rates of GMC performance assessments than UK-trained doctors.

Indian doctors suffer bias within UK medical system: Report - ET HealthWorld

---

---

London, Apr 16: Doctors trained in countries like India are suffering from an inherent bias within the UK medical system, a new report has indicated.

An analysis of the UK's General Medical Council (GMC) data between 1996 and 2013 revealed that Indian doctors were five times more likely to undergo "performance assessments within the state-funded National Health Service (NHS).

The research conducted by University College London (UCL) and published in 'BMC Medical Education' journal recently concluded that doctors trained outside the UK had significantly higher rates of GMC performance assessments than UK-trained doctors.

Thats pretty shocking stuff. I know that about 20 years ago they brought in nurses from the Philippines to work in my local hospital. They were to be paid at a lower rate than homegrown nurses and that caused uproar.

This is just my opinion.

I think that Indian culture,Indian people are widely accepted in the UK these days.
I think that a large number of brexit voters backed brexit because they wanted to kick out or keep out Muslims.
However they are generally too dense to distinguish between different Asian religious groups.

So the bias is still there, but mainly amongst the low educated and ignorant.

---

---

Thats pretty shocking stuff. I know that about 20 years ago they brought in nurses from the Philippines to work in my local hospital. They were to be paid at a lower rate than homegrown nurses and that caused uproar.

This is just my opinion.

I think that Indian culture,Indian people are widely accepted in the UK these days.
I think that a large number of brexit voters backed brexit because they wanted to kick out or keep out Muslims.
However they are generally too dense to distinguish between different Asian religious groups.

I think you pretty much described the US. I notice the same thing here in the US aw well. Educated ones seem to be more accepting while uneducated ones seem to be xenophobic.

---

---

This is just my opinion.

I think you pretty much described the US. I notice the same thing here in the US aw well. Educated ones seem to be more accepting while uneducated ones seem to be xenophobic.
The unfortunate thing is that there are so many of them.

---

---

This is just my opinion.

The unfortunate thing is that there are so many of them.

I hear you.

Just to clarify: I did not mean lack of certain academic degrees when I said uneducated. I simply meant someone who never took the time to acquire general knowledge that was necessary for that person to perform his/her civic duties.

Forum List

Back