In Two Words....What Is The Most Important Issue?

To substantiate my two words:

1) One third of the involuntarily uninsured are high school dropouts. The solution is not to reward them with free healthcare. The solution is to get them an accessible decent education.

2) Low wage jobs are low skilled jobs. There is a lot of competition between low skilled laborers for low skilled jobs while the pool of highly skilled workers is shrinking. The solution is not to raise wages for low skilled jobs. The solution is to educate our workforce for highly skilled jobs; the jobs of tomorrow, not their daddies' jobs.

3) Both parties are plagued with voters who have zero critical thinking skills.

A great many of our nation's ill can be solved with a better education system.

Define a "better" education system. because right now "more and longer" do not equal better. We need to realize that all people are not geared for college or white collar work and begin to go back to vocational training, which should probably start around the high school level.

Republicans should run on that in 2016.

They probably will, right after Trey Gowdy blows his itty bitty wad on Benghazi.

I seriously doubt that. The Dems would LOVE the GOP to impeach Obama. Being an impeachment martyr is about the only thing that can salvage the remainder of his term.

Amen to that. The only ones I see constantly bringing up impeachment are those on the Left. It worked in Bill Clinton's favor. :)

So far, all of you have offered problems which can be alleviated by two words which were already posted: "Legalize it".

China rising? China now supplies roughly $500m/yr of hemp products to the United States while the US government spends at least $20b/yr to wipe out ditchweed hemp. So the US spends $20.5b each year to buy from China the exact same resource that we destroy at home. Does anyone wonder why China is surpassing us?

Greenhouse Effect? The USDA reported in 1916 (almost 100 years ago) that one acre of Cannabis hemp can provide 4 times more paper per acre than trees. Legalize Cannabis Sativa again, use hemp for paper products, and leave the trees in the ground to clean the environment. Is that really so difficult to understand?

Education system. Your government has purposefully removed any mention of Cannabis' contribution to helping America win World War II because they don't want any positive information about this resource to reach the general voting public, because that would make the drug war look like a bunch of "government overreach". Highschool 4-H clubs during WWII were given school credits for growing hemp for the war. The government urged students to grow at least a half acre each, but preferably 2 acres per student. Legalize Cannabis Sativa again, end the big government drug war that was started over lies, and use the billions of dollars that we will save each year to improve our schools and make America independent and prosperous like we were during WWII. This might also help take care of the problem of American ignorance and stupidity.

End plutocracy. The global economy is based on energy- the power to mass produce and transport goods. Electricity and transportation fuel are currently based on fossil fuels, consolidating global profits mainly to the nations and the corporations with access to those fossil fuels. Electricity and transportation fuel can both be supplied by widespread production of Cannabis Sativa, leaving fossil fuels deep underground where they can't poison the world. And because Cannabis grows tall and fast in nearly every climate, global production of hemp will help reduce the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

Let's give this a try again, America:

1942_USDA.jpg

We know it works because we won World War II and lost the drug war.

I guess i should have read more.

Well......not as many as. I had hoped....but we were able to get a few without too much lameness and nastiness.

I kind of expected to see a bunch of people choose an issue that emphasized the negative. It looks like calls for reigning in an overreaching government drew the most support.

Nobody feels the way that. I do, however. I firmly believe that, limited to two words, the issue that I would like to see leading the news cycle today is:

Improving Economy

Forum List

Back