In Memoriam; August 2021

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Five who died in August 2021; Bios by the Associated Press:
---

AUGUST ASNER.jpg

Ed Asner, 91. The burly and prolific character actor who became a star in middle age as the gruff but lovable newsman Lou Grant, first in the hit comedy “The Mary Tyler Moore Show” and later in the drama “Lou Grant.” Aug. 29. One line I remember from his acting on Studio 60 (paraphrasing)... "I've driven the ball 99 yards down the field; take it and put it in the damn house."

AUGUST CONSTANTINE 1.jpg

Michael Constantine, 94. An Emmy Award-winning character actor who reached worldwide fame playing the Windex bottle-toting father of the bride in the 2002 film “My Big Fat Greek Wedding.” Aug. 31. One of my favorite bit actors.

AUGUST WATTS.jpg

Charlie Watts, 80. The self-effacing Rolling Stones drummer who helped anchor one of rock’s greatest rhythm sections and used his “day job” to support his enduring love of jazz. Aug. 24.

AUGUST HALL.jpg

Tom T. Hall, 85. The singer-songwriter who composed “Harper Valley P.T.A.” and sang about life’s simple joys as country music’s consummate blue collar bard. Aug. 20. Loved "Thats How I got to Memphis".

AUGUST BOWDEN.jpg

Bobby Bowden, 91. The folksy Hall of Fame coach who built Florida State into an unprecedented college football dynasty. Aug. 8.

Forum List

Back